Best HS football coach in the nation?

Big Bald Hairy Man

13 hours ago, Guccifer said:

Comrade, please.

J.T. Curtis couldn't hold Lad's jock.

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Depends on what the definition of "coach" is.

If its about combining the development of young men, teaching football techniques and fundamentals -  and won loss record, then I would have Lad at #1

When Gucifer and Sammy agree, discussion is over 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I know I'm SCEEEERED!xD 

How bout THIS talk, before one of the longest rivalries in the entire country, between Colquitt and Valdosta! "Men, THIS is what we play for, this is one of the greatest rivalries in high school football! There are people in those stands that will come to two games a year, the State Championship and THIS ONE! There are people in those stands who are 85 years old, who PLAYED in this game! There is a man in the disabled seating over here, who played on the 1949, 1950, and 1952 teams! This game means a lot to a lotta people! So lets go GET UM!"

7 hours ago, Pops said:

When Gucifer and Sammy agree, discussion is over 

I dunno... seems one HC is following John Curtis HS football 101.  Isn't Cool-Whip working an elementary school on up HS light playbook program?   

* You also realize you're agreeing with a guy working on what 3 screen names at once?   Nurse Ratched give Sammy his freaking cigarettes!  :D   

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I dunno... seems one HC is following John Curtis HS football 101.  Isn't Cool-Whip working an elementary school on up HS light playbook program?   

* You also realize you're agreeing with a guy working on what 3 screen names at once?   Nurse Ratched give Sammy his freaking cigarettes!  :D   

I’m referencing two guys with probably 10 screen names between them 

canes0177

los hurricanes

carlos danger

guccifer

sammyswordsman

then commissioner

the stache

consuela (or is that big daddy bloom?)

am sure I’m missing a couple or more 

20 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Mater Dei won 2 national titles in the ‘90  and is one of two high schools that has multiple Heisman winners 

Accomplishments by PRIVATE SCHOOLS in metro areas, don't mean SHIT to anyone who KNOWS football! A trained chimp can win with MASSIVE TRANSFERS! GEEEZ PEOPLE, wake the F8CK UP!

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

A PROGRAM is not one who goes out and recruits the shit out of a metro area! A PROGRAM is one whom develops their players from sixth grade to graduation, running the same formations! You private school clowns don't have a CLUE!

3 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Accomplishments by PRIVATE SCHOOLS in  metro areas, don't mean SHIT to anyone who KNOWS football! A trained chimp can win with MASSIVE TRANSFERS! GEEEZ PEOPLE, wake the F8CK UP!

You are not responding to what i posted. My comment was in response to this statement you posted:

"Until recently, nobody had ever HEARD of Mater Dei, on a national scale!"

the statement above seems incompatible with reality, since Mater Dei had to be HEARD of on a national scale by a few people in the '90's. Mater National Championships in 1994 and 1996. Beyond that Mater Dei is 1 of only 3 high schools to have multiple Heisman winners. A fact that was discussed nationally in 2004 when Matt Leinart won his.

But instead of addressing the misinformation you posted earlier you tried to deflect and change the subject.

tenor (1).gif

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

MD for me is the best HS team in America this year...Would liked to have seen them play the  2002,2003, 2009 and 2011 Bosco teams..

They would have been crushed

DBP’s best teams were in MD’s dark years, but they seem to be one of those rare programs that gets more than one run in the national elite, in this case spread apart by a couple of decades 

41 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

John Curtis has 1, maybe 2 legit D1s in the senior class this year. But, you wouldn't know it by how they look and play.

You did always have this weird fascination with transfers and how they automatically made a team better.

Curtis looks and plays like they always do.

Give it up, Cajun.

Just now, Drummer61 said:

So, your saying that this MD team,without hesitation,would ruin those DBP teams of 02, 03 and 2011 ?? 

Other way around 

Those are DBP’s best teams (and, all arguably top 3-5 teams in country) playing MD teams that are/ were in midst of (active) streak since ‘99 without a section title.  MD has never played in CA SBGs.  

36 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Grayson had probably 7 or 8 times the D1s Curtis had and that was a 16-9 game very late in the 4th.

Curtis, still hasn't given up 30 points to an OOS team which is pretty impressive actually.

TheRealCaj in his natural habitat.

1) Claiming that a Louisiana OOS loss was really close (even when it wasn't)

2) Claiming that some empty moral victory is somehow meaningful (even though it isn't)

10 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

OK..I respect your opinion and you know more about Calf teams then I do.. I still remember that DLS team that beat Crenshaw with the Black Mamba.. 28-14... 

That team would have made a better game in December than the shellacking that was administered in NJ in September

Best 2 seniors (1 in NFL, 1 started in Pac12) we’re hobbled for first game and the kid that started at QB in September never got in another football game (although led DLS to state hoops championship game).  Seniors were 2-way starters (improving 4 positions) and Bart Houston took over at QB two games later and led DLS to 40-1 record and 3 state championships (when DLS was beaten by DBP they were in midst of losing 3 of 4 games and the one they one they trailed a NorCal opponent 7-0 at half 

not saying they would have won, but that team was one of most improved DLS teams from start of season to end (maybe 2nd to ‘04)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

You did always have this weird fascination with transfers and how they automatically made a team better.

Curtis looks and plays like they always do.

Give it up, Cajun.

You wouldn't know anything about it. STA, hired a HC just to bring transfers in.

Your opinion on the subject means squat.

32 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

TheRealCaj in his natural habitat.

1) Claiming that a Louisiana OOS loss was really close (even when it wasn't)

2) Claiming that some empty moral victory is somehow meaningful (even though it isn't)

I stated documented facts. If you can dispute them by all means do it.

No one cares what you might think someone else is thinking or claiming.

Clear?