Best HS football coach in the nation?

Big Bald Hairy Man

On 12/1/2017 at 4:40 AM, Lamarfan said:

No not really you'll be like one pro team has all Pro players and the rest of them have just college players.

Just because he beats most of the other teams doesn't mean he's some over-the-top coach because he's got Pro players.

I'm sure most of the prep schools do have good coaches why would they not.

As an aside, keeping egos in check ( there is only one ball), and cobbling a team out of a slew new faces every year isn't an easy task. Coaches working for the super teams then have a different subset of issues and problems. But honestly, coaching at a schoo, any type,l where success is expected, is tough sledding.Most around here, annually see teams from both public and private schools who are talented, yet underachieve. At both levels, success and quality coaching are mutually congruent.

On 11/28/2017 at 2:02 PM, Texasball said:

Gary Joseph Katy Tigers

Still winning even though there is 9 HS in the Katy ISD

The very best defensive coach in the nation!

And you have taken a poll WHEN?xD 

By the BY, Coach ProPst said in 2015, that his DC, Jeremy Rowell, was as good as his former DC, Jeremy Pruitt! YOU know, the one at ALABAMA?:)

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 12:53 PM, AztecPadre said:

You're right.  Not with a name like Bob Ladouceur out there.  His win loss record speaks for it self, but what truly made him a great coach was the dedication to his players and coaching the game the right way.

Top 10 most dominant football teams in the MaxPreps era

1. De La Salle (Concord, Calif.) - 502
Overall record: 127-12-2
State championships: 5
National Top 25 finishes: 7

2. Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.) - 406
Overall record:  106-11
State (Group) Championships:  6
National Top 25 finishes: 5

3. Trinity (Louisville, Ky.) - 383
Overall record: 120-21
State championships: 7
National Top 25 finishes: 4

4. Maryville (Tenn.) - 359
Overall record: 145-5
National Top 25 finishes: 3

5. Bellevue (Wash.) - 354
Overall record: 127-7

6. Skyline (Sammamish, Wash.) - 352
Overall record: 115-19
State championships: 6
National Top 25 finishes: 4

6. Byrnes (Duncan, S.C.) - 352
Overall record: 130-15
State championships: 6

8. Hoover (Ala.) - 340
Overall record: 136-14
State championships: 5

9. South Panola (Batesville, Miss.) - 338
Overall record: 139-10

10. Trinity (Euless, Texas) - 322
Overall record: 125-18
State championships: 3
National Top 25 finishes: 6

How the state rankings are determined: 
For the purpose of the rankings, each team will be awarded points based off where it finished in the computer rankings after each season. For example, if a team finished No. 1 overall it receives 25 points. If the team finished No. 25 overall, it would get one point. A team also receives 30 points for winning a state title and 15 for being the runner-up. Due to unique setups in New Jersey and Massachusetts, we have not tabulated points for all schools in those states.

This tells me that ET has more top 25 finishes than most on here and half the State Championships.  Translation it is harder to win State in Texas than any other State. No team in the History of Texas at any level have won more than 8.  Hell most of these Schools almost have that many in the MaxPreps era.  #DepthisaSummaBitch.  Including beating the #1 team listed the year they won State.  9_9 

P.S.  Old friend I hope My Monarch's hang half a Hunnert on Sparty.  Been a long time for Mater Dei.  Semper Fi Monarch's

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

The game won't be fair with DLS's all world rb/db out for the season. Otherwise it would have been a close game. Oh well. The stache will finally get his "state title".  Which from now on will have an * due to the loss of Kairee Robinson. 

I have a world of respect for DLS all those years in SoCal and I never got to see them.  Then the HS Gods got them to meet a Texas power and I had the fortune to be there.  Great Program, discipline as heck and scrappy no matter how big they will scrap.  Never count them out.  Sorry to hear they lost that kid.  Amazing they play big boy ball in Cali with many 2 way starters.  Still I can't believe the Monarch's are finally breaking thru.   Gotta love a HS Football team that rocks the 1st Marine Division Patch.  Give em Hell Monarch's  B|

The Marine Corps tenets — sacrifice, commitment, courage, pride, brotherhood and teamwork are essentially the same qualities Coach Bruce Rollinson has strived for over 25 years to instill in all Mater Dei Monarch football players, summed up in the Monarch call to Pride, Poise and Courage.

Image result for MATER DEI AND MARINES

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I have a world of respect for DLS all those years in SoCal and I never got to see them.  Then the HS Gods got them to meet a Texas power and I had the fortune to be there.  Great Program, discipline as heck and scrappy no matter how big they will scrap.  Never count them out.  Sorry to hear they lost that kid.  Amazing they play big boy ball in Cali with many 2 way starters.  Still I can't believe the Monarch's are finally breaking thru.   Gotta love a HS Football team that rocks the 1st Marine Division Patch.  Give em Hell Monarch's  B|

The Marine Corps tenets — sacrifice, commitment, courage, pride, brotherhood and teamwork are essentially the same qualities Coach Bruce Rollinson has strived for over 25 years to instill in all Mater Dei Monarch football players, summed up in the Monarch call to Pride, Poise and Courage.

Image result for MATER DEI AND MARINES

Love your spirit brother. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Love your spirit brother. 

I know the quality of football that is played out there and I have been in Santa Ana and over to Mater Dei on more than one Occasion.  Don't get into the back in forth over Tx vs. Ca.  I am biased and I think they are the two best States in all 3 phases of HS football including great and Legendary Coaches.  I think that gets lost in many of these discussions.  No slight to Florida great teams too and the equal of both but they lack in facilities, coaching and Cali and Tx kids especially at QB are starting at Major programs as Freshmen. Hell 2 of the final 4 teams in the College Playoffs are led at QB by Texas Kids and 4 of the top 10 teams have a Tx QB.  Alabama, OU, Auburn and Ohio State.    Westlake, LT and Mater Dei are QB factories in H.S. yearly.  It would be a dream to see this team hook up with Allen or Katy this year.  Hell people that are not from Cali don't have any idea how many good teams that are in the San Diego area alone.  Helix, Oceanside Pirates, Cathedral Catholic and a few others.  All play great brand of HS football and put out great players.  My brother is in the Bay Area so I have an open invitation at any time to roll out there. 9_9

Looking forward to the Open championship game with DLS  and this year it comes a week before the Texas 6A Final's not on the same day.    

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

The game won't be fair with DLS's all world rb/db out for the season. Otherwise it would have been a close game. Oh well. The stache will finally get his "state title".  Which from now on will have an * due to the loss of Kairee Robinson. 

To be fair...MD***** list the #1 LB is the country for the season too

57 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Also MD***** doesn’t have 1 * but 5 this season to match the talent in the team! 😜

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I know the quality of football that is played out there and I have been in Santa Ana and over to Mater Dei on more than one Occasion.  Don't get into the back in forth over Tx vs. Ca.  I am biased and I think they are the two best States in all 3 phases of HS football including great and Legendary Coaches.  I think that gets lost in many of these discussions.  No slight to Florida great teams too and the equal of both but they lack in facilities, coaching and Cali and Tx kids especially at QB are starting at Major programs as Freshmen. Hell 2 of the final 4 teams in the College Playoffs are led at QB by Texas Kids and 4 of the top 10 teams have a Tx QB.  Alabama, OU, Auburn and Ohio State.    Westlake, LT and Mater Dei are QB factories in H.S. yearly.  It would be a dream to see this team hook up with Allen or Katy this year.  Hell people that are not from Cali don't have any idea how many good teams that are in the San Diego area alone.  Helix, Oceanside Pirates, Cathedral Catholic and a few others.  All play great brand of HS football and put out great players.  My brother is in the Bay Area so I have an open invitation at any time to roll out there. 9_9

Looking forward to the Open championship game with DLS  and this year it comes a week before the Texas 6A Final's not on the same day.    

GA poster are coming at you for sure 😬

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

GA poster are coming at you for sure 😬

When I lived in Cali I always had a dream match up of these teams at their prime playing each other    DLS vs. SLC veer vs. Spread.  (Classic) I would root for Sparty don't like the Sneaky blondes B|.   Long Beach Poly and Desoto (stop watches needed)    SJB and Allen (Physical battle),  Mater Dei and Katy (tradition), Serra vs. Cedar Hill, LT vs Oaks Christian and Finally the Westlake battle.  Westlake vs. Westlake :D 

• Haha 1