Got a question for ya Sammy.

TheMaximumHornetSting

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

GT is great! 

It gets picked at and called the nerdy school but those"nerds" are out here making salaries over 250K and changing the science and technology world every day...  

The average Salary for GT grads is like 150K... 

If I was college age, lived in GA, and could get into GT, that would be my choice.  

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I could try UGA- 57% 

Minimum requirement 2.5 to be considered... 

I’m quite sure there are numerous UGA grads that have done very well.  It’s all what you make of the opportunity.  I worked at UMass Lowell in the research foundation while at school, partially to pay off loans, but also for the experience.  Yeah it was tough, but the work experience while at school got me the leg up over others during on campus interviews. 60 people interviewed for the job I ended up getting in CA, many with better GPA’s, but none had any practical experience to that point.

10 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I’m quite sure there are numerous UGA grads that have done very well.  It’s all what you make of the opportunity.  I worked at UMass Lowell in the research foundation while at school, partially to pay off loans, but also for the experience.  Yeah it was tough, but the work experience while at school got me the leg up over others during on campus interviews. 60 people interviewed for the job I ended up getting in CA, many with better GPA’s, but none had any practical experience to that point.

Oh yea no doubt... 

But in GA one thing that may be different from CA... 

Each school makes there own requirements... we dont have UC's or CSU's. 

Or a set system like that. 

For example:

Valdosta State University- Minimum requirement GPA 2.2 acceptance rate 66% but guess what not only that in order to get in: 

You must have taken 1 foreign language course in HS.

Some form of Community service. (Charity,Cleaning,feeding the homeless,etc). 

And an interview. 

But alot of colleges here don't require that... 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh yea no doubt... 

But in GA one thing that may be different from CA... 

Each school makes there own requirements... we dont have UC's or CSU's. 

Or a set system like that. 

For example:

Valdosta State University- Minimum requirement GPA 2.2 acceptance rate 66% but guess what not only that in order to get in: 

You must have taken 1 foreign language course in HS.

Some form of Community service. (Charity,Cleaning,feeding the homeless,etc). 

And an interview. 

But alot of colleges here dint requi

I think you’ll do just fine whatever you choose. Just make sure you pick something that interests you and stick with it. I choose biological sciences for undergrad, but then sold out for plastics engineering graduate degree because of the job market. In hindsight I wish I stayed in biology at the grad level with a focus on genetics which came easy to me.  I’ve been stuck in mfg my whole career when I could have gone into genetics engineering which is far more lucrative.

@Sammyswordsman. @On2whlsI'll figure something out... 

We have alot of schools here... 

There is no reason for anyone to ever be confused on directions in Georgia.... 

We have:

Georgia Southern University

South Georgia State University

Georgia Southwestern University 

University of North GA-5 campuses

University of West Georgia

East Georgia State College 

Middle Georgia State University 

Hell thats not even half of em... 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

There is one more CA school I wanna know about though... 

Sacramento State. 

Brother in law is a graduate and I was very close to going there. My daughter is looking into it as well. Had a ton friends go there and spent alot of time there. Not bad, but not great academically (known as a very god school for criminal justice). The area around the campus is a  dump (Howe / Watt), but the Campus itself is not bad. Weather sucks big time. Good looking broads (it's a state school not a UC so the GPA'S are lower, but the hotness if higher).   

For what its worth I went to school at UCSD in the 80s. For me the decision was between UCSD and UCLA. I chose SD for personal reasons as both schools are excellent in my field. 

UCSB, and for that matter all the UC schools, are very good academically. One can objectively argue however that if you look at school rankings and overall recognition, UCSD would be above UCSB. 

And if you are a college student there is not a much better place to go to school than on the beach in La Jolla or Santa Barbara!