DLS don't despair ....

Sammyswordsman

58 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You will still be ranked higher than Folsom in The Tiers.

Even though every other poll including the prep gridiron poll will have you ranked lower than the devil, even though the devil had no quality wins and their biggest accomplishment was dodging any team that could possibly give them a game.

Thanks 

I bet Alumbaugh told kids same thing post game

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You will still be ranked higher than Folsom in The Tiers.

Even though every other poll including the prep gridiron poll will have you ranked lower than the devil, even though the devil had no quality wins and their biggest accomplishment was dodging any team that could possibly give them a game.

AFter a showing like that, who care's about rankings  this season for the Spartans. The whole deal with Folsom is they need to reinstate the Norcal Play in game for the Open, just like socal has their best go against each other. Otherwise this nonsensical chatter about who is better up north  will  go on ad nausea . 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

AFter a showing like that, who care's about rankings  this season for the Spartans. The whole deal with Folsom is they need to reinstate the Norcal Play in game for the Open, just like socal has their best go against each other. Otherwise this nonsensical chatter about who is better up north  will  go on ad nausea . 

Folsom would have gotten rolled much worse than DLS.   

8 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Folsom would have gotten rolled much worse than DLS.   

Maybe, but doesn't change the fact that many will be left wondering how a game would have turned out had DLS and Folsom played.  SoCal with their set-up for the most always has number 1 and 2 play each other since they put their best in same section, but with the North your always left wondering. I too feel DLS would beat Folsom, but you gotta admit, DLS had many errors that were not caused by MD which made it that much easier for them to score. With the errors, DLS didn't even look like the number 2 team in NorCal. I wonder if they came into this game nervous knowing what they were up against and maybe that got into their heads, which resulted in some of the unchacteristic mistakes they made.

19 minutes ago, nascar624 said:

Maybe, but doesn't change the fact that many will be left wondering how a game would have turned out had DLS and Folsom played.  SoCal with their set-up for the most always has number 1 and 2 play each other since they put their best in same section, but with the North your always left wondering. I too feel DLS would beat Folsom, but you gotta admit, DLS had many errors that were not caused by MD which made it that much easier for them to score. With the errors, DLS didn't even look like the number 2 team in NorCal. I wonder if they came into this game nervous knowing what they were up against and maybe that got into their heads, which resulted in some of the unchacteristic mistakes they made.

Yeah with all the errors it was a herky jerky affair.   Neither team really got into a consistent rhythm. No matter how the game played out though, md would have won it’s just a question of by how much.

The discrepancy in how the north and south are handled will always be there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

I know this belongs in the excuse thread, but I’d like to see the play in game with Folsom and DLS. I think the 3 games in 6 weeks that DLS has had to go through has caused them to lose their edge and be mistake prone. 

That could be because that is the sloppiest game I can ever remember DLS playing,  Clean game and MD still wins, just would've been a little closer. 

3 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

That could be because that is the sloppiest game I can ever remember DLS playing,  Clean game and MD still wins, just would've been a little closer. 

1). MD deserves some credit

2). Conditions were very poor

3).  I think there’s something to playing so little that you lose crispness

4). SBG is a big stage for 14-18 year olds

25 minutes ago, Pops said:

1). MD deserves some credit

2). Conditions were very poor

3).  I think there’s something to playing so little that you lose crispness

4). SBG is a big stage for 14-18 year olds

Of course MD deserves credit. They are the #1 team in the country and deservedly so. My point was that DLS was shooting themselves in the foot all night long, Some of their mistakes were caused by MD but most were their own doing. 6 fumbles. That is not DLS. 

You're overstating the conditions it was windy. But It wasn't raining it wasn't freezing. JT didn't have much trouble completing passes and his receivers didn't have problems catching them. Nor were they having issues handing off the ball.

Hard to say if all that time off hurt them. On the other hand gave them more time to prep for MD and work on their timing. Which was way off. Their hands offs were not clean and Stortie and Jones could not complete a pass to save their life. That pick 6 was a wounded duck. Jones missing wide open guys and throwing screen passes behind his rb's. I think the only 14 yr old was freshman QB Hale The future looks bright with him. Maybe he should've been up on varsity all year.

DLS is in the SBG every year so many of the players have been there before and DLS prepares their team for it as well as anyone. 

I give DLS credit they did fight hard and never gave up. They did not have their best game last night.. But even their best game would not have been good enough to beat the Monarchs.

1 hour ago, 1DayPGA said:

Of course MD deserves credit. They are the #1 team in the country and deservedly so. My point was that DLS was shooting themselves in the foot all night long, Some of their mistakes were caused by MD but most were their own doing. 6 fumbles. That is not DLS. 

You're overstating the conditions it was windy. But It wasn't raining it wasn't freezing. JT didn't have much trouble completing passes and his receivers didn't have problems catching them. Nor were they having issues handing off the ball.

Hard to say if all that time off hurt them. On the other hand gave them more time to prep for MD and work on their timing. Which was way off. Their hands offs were not clean and Stortie and Jones could not complete a pass to save their life. That pick 6 was a wounded duck. Jones missing wide open guys and throwing screen passes behind his rb's. I think the only 14 yr old was freshman QB Hale The future looks bright with him. Maybe he should've been up on varsity all year.

DLS is in the SBG every year so many of the players have been there before and DLS prepares their team for it as well as anyone. 

I give DLS credit they did fight hard and never gave up. They did not have their best game last night.. But even their best game would not have been good enough to beat the Monarchs.

Very fair post.

i still portend that the DLS fumbles were due more to the o-line not getting.enough push, and causing a jam up at the point of handoff, Than anything else.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Very fair post.

i still portend that the DLS fumbles were due more to the o-line not getting.enough push, and causing a jam up at the point of handoff, Than anything else.

No way was Dela going to beat MD this year. Very easy to see the talent discrepancies between the two. This, and last years Dela teams are way down compared to previous versions of spartan teams, as everyone knows. In an earlier post Sammy, you hit the nail on the head that the two glaring weaknesses of Dela is Qb's that stink, as well as the db's. The real question going into the game,  was, could Dela stay within a 2 or 3 td's differential. No one could forsee the extent of how sloppy Dela played on Offense. At least make MD earn it without handing it to them in redzone. Utter embarrasement for program. A big contributer, even though many may think it an excuse, is the lack of games spartans played the last 2 months. They had 4 bye weeks in last 2 months if you count the 2nd to last game of regular season. Practice can never assimilate game time speed and conditions as far as timing etc. I noticed this in 2014 when they first started the bye week. Dela had a few bye weeks then also.  It took Dela a full half before they got up to game time speed of Cen10.  You can see this sort of things in the college bowls, where time off hurts teams that a few weeks earlier looked good. All I know is that last year and this year especially, Dela dug big holes for themselves early in the games due to turnovers. Not saying they would have won, of course not, but the ugliness the way they played would not have been to such an extent. Bring back the Norcal playin game. It can only sharpen Dela, or at least quiet the controversy of Folsom being better.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

No way was Dela going to beat MD this year. Very easy to see the talent discrepancies between the two. This, and last years Dela teams are way down compared to previous versions of spartan teams, as everyone knows. In an earlier post Sammy, you hit the nail on the head that the two glaring weaknesses of Dela is Qb's that stink, as well as the db's. The real question going into the game,  was, could Dela stay within a 2 or 3 td's differential. No one could forsee the extent of how sloppy Dela played on Offense. At least make MD earn it without handing it to them in redzone. Utter embarrasement for program. A big contributer, even though many may think it an excuse, is the lack of games spartans played the last 2 months. They had 4 bye weeks in last 2 months if you count the 2nd to last game of regular season. Practice can never assimilate game time speed and conditions as far as timing etc. I noticed this in 2014 when they first started the bye week. Dela had a few bye weeks then also.  It took Dela a full half before they got up to game time speed of Cen10.  You can see this sort of things in the college bowls, where time off hurts teams that a few weeks earlier looked good. All I know is that last year and this year especially, Dela dug big holes for themselves early in the games due to turnovers. Not saying they would have won, of course not, but the ugliness the way they played would not have been to such an extent. Bring back the Norcal playin game. It can only sharpen Dela, or at least quiet the controversy of Folsom being better.

Great post and I agree 100%.  

I would extend bye week argument to include the league schedule as well, and the competition not at a level to prepare DLS for the super teams they will now meet in the SBG.

to his credit Butter realizes this and stepped up the non league schedule the past few years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 12:32 PM, PrepGridiron said:

I know this belongs in the excuse thread, but I’d like to see the play in game with Folsom and DLS. I think the 3 games in 6 weeks that DLS has had to go through has caused them to lose their edge and be mistake prone. 

Agreed.

DLS should not just be playing a 13 game schedule making it to the SBG Open Championship

5 hours ago, FolsomStateTitles said:

I don't need to claim anything. All of the CA polls show Folsom as #1. I didn't make the rankings.

We called DLS and asked for a game next year. They declined. They would rather play weak NCS D1 schools with a sprikle of OOS and call it a day. 

xD

It's OK little buddy, Santa is still real to me too.

elf-santa.gif

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, FolsomStateTitles said:

I don't need to claim anything. All of the CA polls show Folsom as #1. I didn't make the rankings.

We called DLS and asked for a game next year. They declined. They would rather play weak NCS D1 schools with a sprikle of OOS and call it a day. 

DLS schedules on contracts. That's why you usually see them play the same teams besides maybe 2-3. Folsom should have scheduled them in 2016 for this upcoming season. Not wait until they think they have a chance and then schedule. If they played next year it would be DLS 38 Folsom 24. Folsom would do their stupid shit of going for it on 4th down everytime and DLS would capitalize everytime. 

13 minutes ago, SJB said:

DLS schedules on contracts. That's why you usually see them play the same teams besides maybe 2-3. Folsom should have scheduled them in 2016 for this upcoming season. Not wait until they think they have a chance and then schedule. If they played next year it would be DLS 38 Folsom 24. Folsom would do their stupid shit of going for it on 4th down everytime and DLS would capitalize everytime. 

Your school declined a match up for next year, week 0. Who's ducking who?

New #1 in NorCal. Enjoy :)

17 minutes ago, SJB said:

The greatest part about you is that you created the troll name of SJB to try and troll Folsom. But when called out, you essentially revealed your identity as one of the low self esteem, DLS trolls. 

Loser. lol :D

6 minutes ago, FolsomStateTitles said:

Your school declined a match up for next year, week 0. Who's ducking who?

New #1 in NorCal. Enjoy :)

DLS schedules on contracts thus every two years their schedule switches. They are on year 2 hence the rematch with Bishop Gorman. Why would they duck a team that they've already killed twice?