Can Rush go to work for at least ....

Pack45

Two bosses who are younger than he is? Rush is almost 60 . Except  for the money , why would Rush want to be a position coach. How many receiver coaches can you name? Rush is one of the most well known high school coaches in the country. Usually when colleges come looking for head coaches they don't  come looking for position coaches. 

45 minutes ago, Pack45 said:

Two bosses who are younger than he is? Rush is almost 60 . Except  for the money , why would Rush want to be a position coach. How many receiver coaches can you name? Rush is one of the most well known high school coaches in the country. Usually when colleges come looking for head coaches they don't  come looking for position coaches. 

I think there are a lot of moving parts right now. Money being the largest factor I'd imagine. A WR coach is probably in the 400k range and up. That's a lot of money for someone that's thinking of retiring inside of 10 years. Bank a lot of it and retire on your schedule. Happiness is probably paramount for the guy right now. The older I have gotten the more I realize that money and happiness don't always go together. One has to look at how things have been this last year and wonder how happy a guy can be in the atmosphere in spite of all the extra stuff that it appears he is getting, like new facilities. I'm sure there is much going on that we don't know about or understand. Things that will be weighing in his though processes during the next few weeks. 

I've also thought about the angle you are looking from as well. It seems like it would be hard to work for someone that once worked for you, but, he makes good relationships with his assistants so, it may not be as difficult as one thinks. Working with a friend is easier than working for an ex-assistant. 

As a fan here, we have to hope that spending time with his family and coaching Thomas are worth more than the monetary offer that he gets from these schools. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pack45 said:

While he is the highest paid prep head football coach in America! ANY position coach for an SEC team, would double his salary! And he has six more kids to send to college!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

And he has six more kids to send to college!

With 3 different girlfriends......

propst has a terrible reputation ... Tennessee would run him out of town via Angry mob.... the  dude headbutts minors, supports Roy Moore (predator), talks real slow ,, looks like he’s always sucking on a lemon ... he illegally changes the athletes grades to make them eligible.... he slept with a mistress while he was happily married with kids ... but u guys make him look like he’s some sort of role model... 

if he he doesn’t join Alabama football he can always be a Alabama politician... he’s over qualified 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What Rush did is worse than what Schiano was alleged. The moral, high and mighty UT community could never get away with accepting him after their classic meltdown last month. 

I was gonna bring up that up thanks...uncle Rush has way more red flags than Schiano... it’s just crazy how there’s an angry mob when tenn tries to hire Schiano but Propst is welcomed ... that doesn’t add up

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think there are a lot of moving parts right now. Money being the largest factor I'd imagine. A WR coach is probably in the 400k range and up. That's a lot of money for someone that's thinking of retiring inside of 10 years. Bank a lot of it and retire on your schedule. Happiness is probably paramount for the guy right now. The older I have gotten the more I realize that money and happiness don't always go together. One has to look at how things have been this last year and wonder how happy a guy can be in the atmosphere in spite of all the extra stuff that it appears he is getting, like new facilities. I'm sure there is much going on that we don't know about or understand. Things that will be weighing in his though processes during the next few weeks. 

I've also thought about the angle you are looking from as well. It seems like it would be hard to work for someone that once worked for you, but, he makes good relationships with his assistants so, it may not be as difficult as one thinks. Working with a friend is easier than working for an ex-assistant. 

As a fan here, we have to hope that spending time with his family and coaching Thomas are worth more than the monetary offer that he gets from these schools. 

most position coaches are regional recruiters.

Rush = Georgia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What Rush did is worse than what Schiano was alleged. The moral, high and mighty UT community could never get away with accepting him after their classic meltdown last month. 

Schiano didnt do anything. 

But what the staff he worked for did is absolutely unforgiveable. 

Like Ive said 100 times. Rush might have cheated and morally I cant condone that its not something I support.  But I'll hire Rush before I hire Sandusky or Paterno... 

Atleast I know Rush wont try Rape the kids in the shower... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

With 3 different girlfriends......

propst has a terrible reputation ... Tennessee would run him out of town via Angry mob.... the  dude headbutts minors, supports Roy Moore (predator), talks real slow ,, looks like he’s always sucking on a lemon ... he illegally changes the athletes grades to make them eligible.... he slept with a mistress while he was happily married with kids ... but u guys make him look like he’s some sort of role model... 

if he he doesn’t join Alabama football he can always be a Alabama politician... he’s over qualified 

Sleeping with girlfriends should be right up you Left Wing whackos alley!xD

And IF he had been happily married, he would not have needed a girlfriend!:)

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SOOOO, what a man did a DECADE ago, follows him to the GRAVE?xD WHERE is your Christian code of forgive and forget?