Breakdown: Texas Football Championship Games

DevilDog

You have to go watch these teams and forget about how many AAA's they have the landscape has changed in Texas top TAPPS teams can compete with 4A & 5A and this year 4A is deeper than 5A.  Hell Gilmer would score 30+ on HP.  I saw both with my own eyes this year and that's what I judge teams off of.  I make sure I go watch teams in different classes.  Beast Texas is physical SEC type football and hard nose defense. DFW is all offense.  Look what East Texas did to Kennedale who ruled 4A out here.  Longview Beast Texas physical 6A team run first and held Midway and should have won.  Why do you think Beast Texas produces so many elite RBs and defensive players from mostly small schools.  Answer physical football.

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You have to go watch these teams and forget about how many AAA's they have the landscape has changed in Texas top TAPPS teams can compete with 4A & 5A and this year 4A is deeper than 5A.  Hell Gilmer would score 30+ on HP.  I saw both with my own eyes this year and that's what I judge teams off of.  I make sure I go watch teams in different classes.  Beast Texas is physical SEC type football and hard nose defense. DFW is all offense.  Look what East Texas did to Kennedale who ruled 4A out here.  Longview Beast Texas physical 6A team run first and held Midway and should have won.  Why do you think Beast Texas produces so many elite RBs and defensive players from mostly small schools.  Answer physical football.

Honestly... Manvel is better than HP. HP just wasnt losing this game tonight.

Manvel is the best team thats played so far.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Honestly... Manvel is better than HP. HP just wasnt losing this game tonight.

Manvel is the best team thats played so far.

Dude Manvel is nothing special and honestly they looked no better Than Texas high vs HP.  You probably don't even know who that is. Horsefly and I was texting A lil  during this game and both suspected the out come.  You are not better when you just lost.  They are more athletic and flashy.  Carthage is the best team that played today.  That was Chuck and duck.  Ingram would have a field day and. Carthage would march down the field eliminating changing of possession every 2 mins.  Lol did I not say how this game would play out. And my fellow Texans would think more of it.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

HP is getting bumped up to #5 or #6 (a tie with Cy-Fair) in Texas rankings at CP after that game....

And that's pathetic.  This rests on the 5A field to get it together.  HP is not better than most if not all of the previous weeks 6A semifinalist ...not one. The only 6A they played this year they lost...rockwall 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GlenC7 said:

I just don't see Carthage beating the top 5A schools. Over all the top 5a's are bigger and faster than the top 4a's. Just because we had a track meet type 5a final. Suddenly Carthage is better. Then Waco La Vega is on par with HP and Manvel and you could go on and on.

Carthage isnt better than Manvel or HP.

8 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

I just don't see Carthage beating the top 5A schools. Over all the top 5a's are bigger and faster than the top 4a's. Just because we had a track meet type 5a final. Suddenly Carthage is better. Then Waco La Vega is on par with HP and Manvel and you could go on and on.

HP is not faster than Carthage. 

17 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Carthage isnt better than Manvel or HP.

Name all the players at HP that would start at Carthage if you Claim more than 6 you don't know anything about the talent on each.  Maybe QB and 4 lineman.  Not in the secondary or receiver, not at RB damn sure no LBs.  You watched how many of these teams in person this year.  I watched from 6A Allen to 3A Hughes Springs.  Melissa is the next 4A Beast.  I watched them too.  They have the best young backfield in the whole State including a 10.5 100m 4* RB soph going to OU. With the best Soph qb in DFW. A bigger Kyler Murray believe that. I'm out.  TXball is the only guy I know that watches more than me and we even see a few together each year.  

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

The fact he said they are faster than Carthage killed the rest of it. What position are they faster the punter running off the field?  Wow

Here's the problem with HP.  As one goes up in class, the bigger school should have more depth, size, overall speed and talent.  HP really only has depth over Carthage.  Not talent, size nor speed.  It makes the case they are better a tougher sell.  

Now compare HP to Allen or LT.  HP is weaker in all those phases I mentioned