Breakdown: Texas Football Championship Games

DevilDog

I’m way behind. (Watching the games on DVR) 

2A: the QB/DB for Muenster was my guy lol little #6  he got the job done lol playing two ways though it was funny cuz he’s an awful defensive back lol but still 

3A DI: wow. Rockdale lol that QB is a BALLER. Can’t believe they erased a 21 point that quickly. What’s even more surprising is after that 10 minutes mark of that 2nd quarter they really shut Brock down. And moved on them at will. Football is crazy. Anyways that New Mexico QB is good. 

3A DII: Newton impressed me immediately because their uniforms are badass. Love purple (Wheher it’s clothes, weed, or uniforms doesn’t matter purple is my color) #8 - BALLER ALERTTTT. #10 the white boy receiver made some plays too (god bless him lol) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I’m way behind. (Watching the games on DVR) 

2A: the QB/DB for Muenster was my guy lol little #6  he got the job done lol playing two ways though it was funny cuz he’s an awful defensive back lol but still 

3A DI: wow. Rockdale lol that QB is a BALLER. Can’t believe they erased a 21 point that quickly. What’s even more surprising is after that 10 minutes mark of that 2nd quarter they really shut Brock down. And moved on them at will. Football is crazy. Anyways that New Mexico QB is good. 

3A DII: Newton impressed me immediately because their uniforms are badass. Love purple (Wheher it’s clothes, weed, or uniforms doesn’t matter purple is my color) #8 - BALLER ALERTTTT. #10 the white boy receiver made some plays too (god bless him lol) 

Man next year you gotta School me on JawJaa so I can watch those teams that you'll got balling.  Glad to have you and your comments.  Wait to you see 4A Beast Texas Carthage and the WOS and PG 4A DII.  Some serious athletes on these teams.  Like Texas you are led by Public School powers.  Hell imagine if Ga. and Tx stocked up a Private School Power.  I have noticed the Football and athletes there. I am a track guy and You have passed Cali for Speed in Track with many football players.  Now come get TX and FL.

WOS is a great one on one tackling unit.  Those kids fly to the ball.  Other than Carthage smoking Kennedale all these teams entering on both sides avg a lot of points.  Been some good defense in these games.  But don't worry 5A - 6A will be hanging half a hundred on each other and everyone in Texas will be amazed at all the offense. :D WOS and PG will run circles around H.P. and Manvel on Defense.  Watch the next game as proof.  These 3A-4A Powers hit and have better defensive players because they play teams that run the ball and they are the physical types.  That's just a fact.  Trinity, Allen, Coppell and Katy are 6A types of these teams.  Not spread out and throw it but smash you.

East Texas football is a physical brand and always have been and have produced pound for pound the best RB's in the State and another one this year.  If you find a Beast Texas kid in the NFL he is known to be physical..  DEZ, AP, Jason Peters, Chris Ivory, etc. 

27 minutes ago, Champa said:

I've learned not to doubt WO-S these past few years.

Looks like they're in trouble this evening.

Still a half of football to go though.

No doubt.  This isn't WOS of last year lost 19 kids and these N. E. Beast Texas teams have played WOS types during the regular season and the playoffs.  I will assure you Gilmer,  Henderson and Kilgore are better than Kennedale and Carthage went thru them and PG beat Gilmer @ Gilmer.  These are similar fast and athletic teams.   I'm sure you noticed in my breakdowns that I pumped up Carthage and Pleasant Grove because I know what these teams were and watched them.  PG big physical and fast not as athletic as Carthage who is one of the most talented teams in Texas and you can add as member A's as you like after the Numbers.   Carthage smoke everyone of those teams in beast Texas. No one in 4A was gonna touch them.  Gilmer had them for 3.5 qtrs. and they exploded winning 48 -28 in Gilmer and it was 28 -21 in the 3rd.  PG beat down everyone and Melissa has one of the best backfield's in 4A QB is a larger version of Kyler Murray and a 4* RB Jabray Young  and PG beat the Hell out of them.    A lot of talent has been in 4A for the last 5-6 years. 

WO-S has played the Wing T a lot of times this year. They've kicked every teams asses that tried to run it on them.

They're just getting out-sized right now.

They're gonna have to figure something out if they want a chance. Hope for points off a PG turnover or maybe a kickoff return on special teams or something.

1 minute ago, Champa said:

WO-S has played the Wing T a lot of times this year. They've kicked every teams asses that tried to run it on them.

They're gonna have to figure something out if they want a chance. Hope for points off a PG turnover or maybe a kickoff return on special teams or something.

PG is bigger n stronger along the lines, it will be tough for WOS to comeback along as PG takes care of the ball.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Does Highland Park have a chance to beat Manvel?

Glad I took Pleasant Grove in the Pick Em. Was tempted to take WOS because I hear about them a lot from you Texas guys but after looking at the results for both teams it was clear PG was more dominant.

Yes, they have a chance, manvel has a tendency to stagnate in the 2d half.

2 minutes ago, Champa said:

I love WOS gritty tough bunch.  But PG is just as fast and much bigger. 

I'm stating it again Allen is gonna smoke LT. xD

Streaks on the line so far @ State:

Newton snapped Gunter’s 31-game winning streak in a 40-16 win.

PG leading WOS @ half 40 game streak on the line

Carthage Repeat Champs 26 game winning Streak in tact "  Sr. class went 40-6.  6th trophy in 9 years.

Aledo 31 game winning streak on the line  

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is over.  East Tx is king of 4A this year.

They have killed WOS historically.  WOS is in their 8th Championship.  0-2 vs  N. E. Beast Texas and losing to PG.   They lost to Paris in 1988 and Gilmer 2014.   4th straight appearance from 2014-2018 and lost to the 2 N.E. Beast Texas teams or they would be 4peating. This is not over.  They might get over the N.E. Beast.  They face the same athletes from their Northern peers and often bigger.

WOS Championship appearances

1986-1987 4A West Orange-Stark McKinney 21-9

1987-1988 4A West Orange-Stark Rockwall 17-7

1988-1989 4A Paris West Orange-Stark 31-13

2000-2001 4A Division 2 Ennis West Orange-Stark 38-24

2014-2015 4A Division 2 Gilmer West Orange-Stark 35-25

2015-2016 4A Division 2 West Orange-Stark Celina 22-3

2016-2017 4A Division 2 West Orange-Stark Sweetwater 24-6

2017-2018 4A Division 2 Pleasant Grove 28 West Orange-Stark 14 4TH qtr