Breakdown: Texas Football Championship Games

DevilDog

1 minute ago, Champa said:

Unbelievable!!!

Manvel looked like the bigger and badder team the whole game. HP looked like they were hanging on for dear life just to stay in the game most of the second half.

Somehow HP wins.

This is damn near Plano East/John Tyler level here.

Manvel fans have to be sick.

Manvels D was gassed they were on the field the entire second half 

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wow....

You arent that stupid.

Game 1 means absolutely nothing 4 months later...

I remember Archer from 2014. Biggest turnover Ive ever seen.

You realize LT went from losing to Judson by 20 in game 1, to beating them by 9 in the playoffs.

Watch the highlights from the playoff match up.  Judson is still better than them.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wow....

You arent that stupid.

Game 1 means absolutely nothing 4 months later...

I remember Archer from 2014. Biggest turnover Ive ever seen.

You realize LT went from losing to Judson by 20 in game 1, to beating them by 9 in the playoffs.

Oh geez, this guy mentions game 1!!  Did he come back and evaluate lake Travis in the playoffs when they beat Judson?  

I'm 5-2. I know Texas HS football and I told you'll this would be the worst defense all day.  Carthage is by far better than both of these teams.  Horrible defense by both.  I picked HP. Now 5 - 2.  Allen will kill LT.  DD called this one.  Both no defense and the winner.  I saw 3 HP games.  But my fellow Texans Will claim no way 4A cam compete. Carthage is a top 20 Team in the whole State and PG top 30.  

2 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

Carthage is good but I don't think they would beat either of these teams,,,, sorry

Yes they would.  Texas High lost to HP by 2 pts in the same type game.  They suck on defense. Carthage well coached with better athletes.  Ingram would rush for 250 yds on HP.  Carthage has 5 D1 kids.  

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I'm 5-2. I know Texas HS football and I told you'll this would be the worst defense all day.  Carthage is by far better than both of these teams.  Horrible defense by both.  I picked HP. Now 5 - 2.  Allen will kill LT.  DD called this one.  Both no defense and the winner.  I saw 3 HP games.  But my fellow Texans Will claim no way 4A cam compete. Carthage is a top 20 Team in the whole State and PG top 30.  

I wouldnt feel uncomfortable putting a C note on 2017 Carthage against either team. These defenses were terrible.

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

You're a LT fan, would LT lose to either of these?

No way.

LT is huge up front.

Any team that can keep Katy's defense in check  is to be taken very seriously. LT's offense is like Highland Park's times 10. Add to that them playing any kind of defense compared to what we just saw and neither are close games.

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It's about coaching, LTs are better. 

IMO - LTs coaching isn't any better than HP - LT does have better talent - both coaches could win at either school

HP is a PC school "Performance Course". See Aledo, Allen, Westlake, SLC are a few schools who use this company for Strength & Conditioning - "It's a difference maker"!!

This was a chuck and duck game.  Hell HP is the 3rd best team to play today.  Read my comments before this game. Lol. Of course it looks awesome when you are running free in the secondary.  Hell Manvel damn near went the distance in 29 secs.  Don't let the excitement hide facts.  Allen will not look flashy but will pound LT. Carthage is physical and will hit.  This was a damn game of arm tackling.  Look how many balls caught by wr's and rb's who were able to run and step out of bounds without being touched by anyone.  That is Terrible defense.