Merritt island

HSFBfan

Wilkerson (cocoa)  was a player under him at Merritt Island 

Should he leave cocoa (i personally don't think so but it is possible) then odds are the top players at cocoa would transfer to viera and viera becomes a powerhouse while cocoa takes a step back 

Or Merritt Island returns to glory and cocoa top players follow the coach 

It will be at least worth keeping a eye on who gets this job 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Anything is possible. The Viera coach built it fom scratch and was getting double digit transfers like Cocoa and then left to coach a JV team. 

I feel if Wilk was gonna leave Cocoa he would leave the area. 

I can't see wilk leaving cocoa. He's too well respected 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Wilkerson (cocoa)  was a player under him at Merritt Island 

Should he leave cocoa (i personally don't think so but it is possible) then odds are the top players at cocoa would transfer to viera and viera becomes a powerhouse while cocoa takes a step back 

Or Merritt Island returns to glory and cocoa top players follow the coach 

It will be at least worth keeping a eye on who gets this job 

If he did leave Cocoa, I believe it would be for Merritt Island. Wilk is not a spread guy and I feel that for Viera to succeed it needs to run a heavily pass oriented type of offense.

Vierra is a very affluent, suburban area and I can't see them running the smash mouth offense that Cocoa ran under Wilkerson. Just my ten cents.

I could certainly see him returning to his Alma Marta, though. And, it would be a shorter drive home. 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

If he did leave Cocoa, I believe it would be for Merritt Island. Wilk is not a spread guy and I feel that for Viera to succeed it needs to run a heavily pass oriented type of offense.

Vierra is a very affluent, suburban area and I can't see them running the smash mouth offense that Cocoa ran under Wilkerson. Just my ten cents.

I could certainly see him returning to his Alma Marta, though. And, it would be a shorter drive home. 

.....to New Smyrna Beach, where he lives. They (NSB) also need a (6A) HC. This rumor has been floating around for years. There's been a Merritt Island/NSB/Cocoa connection for many years. It started with coach Gerald Odom and some of the boys who played for him.

7 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Oh i couldn't see him going to viera but him being at cocoa is keeping the top players who go to cocoa from going to viera

If he leaves cocoa then viera likely ends up getting the area's top transfers instead of cocoa and viera becomes a powerhouse as a result

4 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

.....to New Smyrna Beach, where he lives. They (NSB) also need a (6A) HC. This rumor has been floating around for years. There's been a Merritt Island/NSB/Cocoa connection for many years. It started with coach Gerald Odom and some of the boys who played for him.

That would be an intriguing move. Do you think he would seriously consider it?

36 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If he leaves cocoa then viera likely ends up getting the area's top transfers instead of cocoa and viera becomes a powerhouse as a result

Maybe. But I am not sure some of those Cocoa transfers would want to go to Viera, though. It would be like Apopka kids leaving en masse to attend Lake Mary or Winter Park. It is possible, but probably not likely. The schools are too different. 

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Maybe. But I am not sure some of those Cocoa transfers would want to go to Viera, though. It would be like Apopka kids leaving en masse to attend Lake Mary or Winter Park. It is possible, but probably not likely. The schools are too different. 

So which schools could likely lose transfers to viera 

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Dude I've seen cocoa in person and when they beat Bergen Catholic I developed this respect that I can't break. 

2 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

How is getting a possible better paying job a sell out?

24 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Because he seems to love cocoa and he seems to love those kids. If the only reason he's leaving is for money to me that's not a good look

HSFBfan, see AzJimbo totally gets it. You don't. Your positions are sometimes contradictory, while his are not. And, while I disagree with him on most things, at least I understand where he is coming from. With you, you are sometimes all over the map. You seem to hold several contradictory views at the same time. I would suggest you explore self knowledge. Then you can either fully demonstrate your Randian tendencies or, perhaps, abandon them if you conclude they are not what you really believe.  

31 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

HSFBfan, see AzJimbo totally gets it. You don't. Your positions are sometimes contradictory, while his are not. And, while I disagree with him on most things, at least I understand where he is coming from. With you, you are sometimes all over the map. You seem to hold several contradictory views at the same time. I would suggest you explore self knowledge. Then you can either fully demonstrate your Randian tendencies or, perhaps, abandon them if you conclude they are not what you really believe.  

My opinions depend on the situation.