Gilman School has Georgia on it's mind!

ORabidOne

Former Mountain View High School head coach Nick Bach, has taken the head coaching position at Gilman School in Baltimore! Bach was 20-14 at the Gwinnett county school, where after initially starting 3-7, he lead them to consecutive 8-4 and 9-3 seasons! He had previously coached in the Baltimore area, and wanted to enter the private school sector there!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It seems he moved from one bush league to another. :ph34r:

Best wishes to him and Gilman though. 

I wouldn’t say Bach is moving to a bush league. In the MIAA(Baltimore private league) alone, he will have to face St. Frances Academy, who is a better team than anything the entire state of GA has to offer right now. He’s also going to have to play in the cross league games with the DC private league(WCAC) teams like DeMatha, St. John’s, Good Counsel and Gonzaga. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gilman’s SOS in year #1 for Bach will be stronger than anything he ever saw at Mountian View. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I wouldn’t say Bach is moving to a bush league. In the MIAA(Baltimore private league) alone, he will have to face St. Frances Academy, who is a better team than anything the entire state of GA has to offer right now. He’s also going to have to play in the cross league games with the DC private league(WCAC) teams like DeMatha, St. John’s, Good Counsel and Gonzaga. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gilman’s SOS in year #1 for Bach will be stronger than anything he ever saw at Mountian View. 

SAAAAY WHAAAAT? You HAVE heard of North Gwinnett, the GHSA 7A State Champions, and their NATIONAL Coach of the Year? Mountain View lost 27-14!

And WHO the fuck keeps fantasizing that the Merryland League is da SHIT? 

SFA 29 Bishop Sullivan 6(The BEST team on the Northeastern Seaboard)

Good Counsel 3 Bishop Sullivan 0

JUNIOR and SOPHOMORE laden Colquitt 38 Bishop Sullivan 7

I gotta idea, how bout St. Francis, after their creative playa acquisition summer roundup, trek to the HOG PEN for another SOUTHERN ASS KICKIN?

19 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Now that's almost as funny as Hawg's dig at Gwinnett!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Now that's almost as funny as Hawg's dig at Gwinnett!

Keep in mind that I literally HATE the shit pile that you Gwinnett pukes walk on BUT! To say that THEIR competition in the Northeast is a shadow of the one in Gwinnett and SOWEGA is, well LAUGHABLE! Those bitches couldn't get out of their own way without transfers! We beat the SHIT out of the Virginia All stars last year, with our second weakest team since 2010!

28 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Just those teams alone will be a MUCH higher SOS than 99.9% if not 100% from GA.  Add in any good OOS games and the MD/DC area teams would smoke most of the country in SOS .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Just those teams alone will be a MUCH higher SOS than 99.9% if not 100% from GA.  Add in any good OOS games and the MD/DC area teams would smoke most of the country in SOS .

SOOOOO, you think that Colquitt's schedule of Lowndes, Tift, Warner Robins, Valdosta, Camden, McEachern, Thomasville, Grayson, and the PRIVATE school from ole MIZZO, are a JOKE?xD There are only two or three teams in the MD/DC league who could put up a fight against ANY of those! HELL, the team on our schedule with the weakest coach is GRAYSON! And if Bishop Sullivan is an illustration of the coaching quality in the Va./MD/DC league! Bach will possibly be the best in that entire area!

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

SAAAAY WHAAAAT? You HAVE heard of North Gwinnett, the GHSA 7A State Champions, and their NATIONAL Coach of the Year? Mountain View lost 27-14!

And WHO the fuck keeps fantasizing that the Merryland League is da SHIT? 

SFA 29 Bishop Sullivan 6(The BEST team on the Northeastern Seaboard)

Good Counsel 3 Bishop Sullivan 0

JUNIOR and SOPHOMORE laden Colquitt 38 Bishop Sullivan 7

I gotta idea, how bout St. Francis, after their creative playa acquisition summer roundup, trek to the HOG PEN for another SOUTHERN ASS KICKIN?

Nobody cares about Bishop Sullivan except GA fans for some reason. They are much closer to North Carolina than to MD/DC. They have nothing to do with the northeast corridor between DC-Boston. 

I know of North Gwinnett. They are ranked behind St. Francis(MD) and St. John’s(DC). Two teams with more talent and better wins. Like I said, Gilman will play better teams than GA offers. 

6 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Nobody cares about Bishop Sullivan except GA fans for some reason. They are much closer to North Carolina than to MD/DC. They have nothing to do with the northeast corridor between DC-Boston. 

I know of North Gwinnett. They are ranked behind St. Francis(MD) and St. John’s(DC). Two teams with more talent and better wins. Like I said, Gilman will play better teams than GA offers. 

I'm merely providing a mutual comparison tween US vs YA'LL! Bishop Sullivan is in this conversation, because they PLAY those teams that you rave about! And they weren't embarrassed by ANY of um! CONVERSELY, Colquitt BITCH SLAPPED Bishop East! HELL, I talked to the QB'S MOM at the HOG PEN, and she told me that they were in Moultrie, because NOBODY in ole Virginnie would play um!

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

You speak absent thought or knowledge.

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

North Gwinnett isn't ranked higher, because they lost to one of Colquitt's victims, WALTON!

2 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Bishop Sullivan is closer to DC than any of the South Georgia are to Atlanta.  If they are part of your state you don't get to selectively exclude them.

4 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

SOOOOO, you think that Colquitt's schedule of Lowndes, Tift, Warner Robins, Valdosta, Camden, McEachern, Thomasville, Grayson, and the PRIVATE school from ole MIZZO, are a JOKE?xD There are only two or three teams in the MD/DC league who could put up a fight against ANY of those! HELL, the team on our schedule with the weakest coach is GRAYSON! And if Bishop Sullivan is an illustration of the coaching quality in the Va./MD/DC league! Bach will possibly be the best in that entire area!

In short.  YES!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Thanks Nick

Happy to have your unbiased contributions on this Board

Gilman draws from a rich territory in talent and has had some super athletes but seem to come up a hair short in their questionable coaching

this could be the push they need with the staff

31 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Thanks Nick

Gilman draws from a rich territory in talent and has had some super athletes but seem to come up a hair short in their questionable coaching

Hes from that area and supports "those" teams himself... Not so unbiased.

2 hours ago, Fred said:

Bishop Sullivan is closer to DC than any of the South Georgia are to Atlanta.  If they are part of your state you don't get to selectively exclude them.

Huh? DC is technically dug into Maryland, not Virginia. Bishop Sullivan is in Norfolk Virginia which is over three hours away driving. Tidewater VA is it’s own thing. Nobody is selectively excluding anyone. There are two private school leagues in MD/DC. They are the MIAA(Baltimore-St. Frances, Gilman, McDonogh, etc...) and the WCAC(Washington DC-DeMatha, St. John’s, Good Counsel, Gonzaga, etc...). Bishop Sullivan has never been in any MD/DC league and never will because it makes zero sense. It’s like grouping a team from Rhode Island in with the BNU in NJ. 

39 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Thanks Nick

You’re right about the past coaching at Gilman, but they still broke Don Bosco Prep’s 46 game win streak. That staff is at St. Frances Academy now so they don’t have to deal with the blue blood admissions process at Gilman. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Huh? DC is technically dug into Maryland, not Virginia. Bishop Sullivan is in Norfolk Virginia which is over three hours away driving. Tidewater VA is it’s own thing. Nobody is selectively excluding anyone. There are two private school leagues in MD/DC. They are the MIAA(Baltimore-St. Frances, Gilman, McDonogh, etc...) and the WCAC(Washington DC-DeMatha, St. John’s, Good Counsel, Gonzaga, etc...). Bishop Sullivan has never been in any MD/DC league and never will because it makes zero sense. It’s like grouping a team from Rhode Island in with the BNU in NJ. 

Wish I could feel sorry for you over the distance but I can't.  I didn't bother with Tift but here are three schools that Grayson has traveled to or they have traveled to us.  Other locations in the Metro area take longer depending on where you go.  No, we don't play on a weekly basis but Colquitt is coming to us this year during the season and we are going there next year.  Playoffs can mean mean weekly travel in either direction.  I do realize I just picked DC generically since I don't know the pertinent schools in the area.

image.thumb.png.90ebc40ee645a6802411c95f9aec6047.png

image.thumb.png.a4dfd778408020b06b282cbd9e74227f.png

image.thumb.png.af4ce215cf8ba0b22fff20b02690a7cb.png

image.thumb.png.38f21ed7656d85fb379b908ca808b133.png

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

Wish I could feel sorry for you over the distance but I can't.  I didn't bother with Tift but here are three schools that Grayson has traveled to or they have traveled to us.  Other locations in the Metro area take longer depending on where you go.  No, we don't play on a weekly basis but Colquitt is coming to us this year during the season and we are going there next year.  Playoffs can mean mean weekly travel in either direction.  I do realize I just picked DC generically since I don't know the pertinent schools in the area.

image.thumb.png.90ebc40ee645a6802411c95f9aec6047.png

image.thumb.png.a4dfd778408020b06b282cbd9e74227f.png

image.thumb.png.af4ce215cf8ba0b22fff20b02690a7cb.png

image.thumb.png.38f21ed7656d85fb379b908ca808b133.png

Fred, all of those teams you listed(Tift, Grayson, Colquitt) are in the same state(Georgia). Bishop Sullivan is in Virginia, not MD/DC. If we went soley off distance you would have to add St. Joe’s Prep in Philadelphia(1.5 hour drive from DC) and all of the BNU schools(3 hour drive) in with the MD/DC schools. It would be a mess. My point is, you can really compare MD/DC(urban) with Georgia(rural).