Daytona 500 overnight ratings lowest ever

HooverOutlaw

Just now, dan in daytona said:

There was a short time, in my area, that it was popular with the young hip hop brother's. But the racing isn't what hooked them. It was the the driver jackets. Those wild and sometimes loud combo of sponsorship colors pulled them in. M & M's, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Budweiser, DiGarde, DuPont, etc. They weren't cheap at $150-200 each, but they were sharp and stylish. :)

Good point about the sponsors. The problem is the sport has become more about the sponsors than the sport. That is why no one watches anymore.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I got to Taladaga in 97' but we all went to tailgate while down at Maxwell AFB on a TDY.  That place was fucking CRAZY for that race!!!  Daytona is only one on the list I still havent got to that I want to.  Bristol was surprisingly awesome as well.  Dover is great, you will love that place.  Atlanta MS is pretty freakin awesome as well.  Always had fun up there but glad to be back near Pocono, its just a cool ass atmosphere up there.

When Talladega and Daytona went to restrictor plate racing, Atlanta became known as the fast race in NASCAR.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

She was top 10 a few times but she did more wrecking and crying than she was worth. Im sure she was brought in for the $$$$. 

Despite your dislike for her, she was as good of a driver as better than 50% of the field.  She may not have lived up to expectations but then a lot of drivers haven't.  How many of them can you name that are consistently in the back of the pack 2,3, or more laps down at the end.  At least she was entertaining.

16 minutes ago, Fred said:

Despite your dislike for her, she was as good of a driver as better than 50% of the field.  She may not have lived up to expectations but then a lot of drivers haven't.  How many of them can you name that are consistently in the back of the pack 2,3, or more laps down at the end.  At least she was entertaining.

She wasn't good. Her avg finish was 24 out of 43 drivers which is less than 50 percent. She wasn't entertaining at all. She bitched and moaned every time she crashed which was often. She never should have been brought in. 

• Like 1