AR-15 Giveaway and raffle

Horsefly

11 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Actually it is the Coyote that has moved back into our territory here...

They were driven as far west as Chicago like maybe 100 years ago, and have slowly migrated back over the decades.  Now they are here and guess what?  They crossbred with wolfs all along their trails, and what we have here now is what they call a Coywolf, and they are extremely aggressive....and NO joke...

coyote-run1.jpg

Easier to just say Coyote though, as people hardly even believe that.

People like nooner think they are just 'intellectually dishonest foxes'......

Funny you mention Chicago like all things bad. I read recently that at Night downtown they have roving Coyotes in search of food from the Restaurants.   And I saw pics of packs of them.  They have became an invasive species.  I bet the Gangsta Disciples will not be happy with this new gang :D

3 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I carried the saw for 1.5 years. Great weapon. Not as scary as the pig for the enemy but much lighter to carry with no AG and fewer “SPORTS” corrective actions needed. 

I was around back in the day and humped the old M60 before the SAW came around.  I still love that old M-60. Got to fire both. Remember being on the range with about 30 of them lined up for range firing and the vibrations all around you as they put rounds down range.  The SPORTS acronym long time since I heard that.   Warriors will always be Warriors and never forget that type of stuff.  

• Like 1

This is especially for the Military guys. I was thinking seriously about these shootings with no  political, racist or any other non essential B.S and looked back on my active duty time and what happens when tragedies occur and I began to wonder if the same measures could be applied in the Civilian world.  Like when a few Helicopters crash or a Range incident.  Immediately after action reports are done and a top down review with imminent training.  Remember when the Tailhook Scandal with the Naval Pilots in Vegas and the Osprey Crashes killing many Marines. Immediate action.   I know at Camp Pendleton we had a problem with young Marines having wrecks after drinking in driving.  

We would have a safety stand down and one 4th of July they had the local Coroner come in at the Base Theater and show us pictures of dead Marines from car accidents and they parked a Car at the front Gate that a Marine died in.  Brutal but it damn sure got the point across.  Since many of these shootings are from actual Students or former Students and hell they play vicious video games anyway.  I think the should watch Documentaries of these tragedies have discussions and be as pro-active as possible.  Because whenever there is reaction there is uncontrolled emotion and it usually results in nothing but finger pointing.  

The Military seems to attack these matters aggressively and I feel it results in less of these things.  I do understand there have been a few attacks @ Ft. Hood and there are many Guns there yet that didn't stop multiple deaths.  So it takes more than Gunz to stop another Gun.  If you can Prevent you want have to Re-Invent.   Thoughts from the Warriors on this. 

I know it's a bit drastic but hell I would be willing to piss on a Spark plug if it would help stop this.  Please don't Mention Chicago we can discuss that separately I am not pointing fingers at anyone.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I was around back in the day and humped the old M60 before the SAW came around.  I still love that old M-60. Got to fire both. Remember being on the range with about 30 of them lined up for range firing and the vibrations all around you as they put rounds down range.  The SPORTS acronym long time since I heard that.   Warriors will always be Warriors and never forget that type of stuff.  

Not much can compare to the sound of the pig raining cover fire.  Maybe a 50 cal if available or the brrrrrrrrrrrrrr from a A10. 

Carried the pig for over a year also. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Not much can compare to the sound of the pig raining cover fire.  Maybe a 50 cal if available or the brrrrrrrrrrrrrr from a A10. 

Carried the pig for over a year also. 

You know I never ever fired the .50 Cal. during my whole career.    That A10 is one bad MOFO I would never want to be in the AO with that rascal rolling thru.   I don't want to get off the subject of Horsefly's topic about this weapon. No matter if you support ownership or not of it.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This is especially for the Military guys. I was thinking seriously about these shootings with no  political, racist or any other non essential B.S and looked back on my active duty times and what happens when tragedies occur and I began to wonder if the same measures could be applied in the Civilian world.  Like when a few Helicopters crash or a Range incident.  Immediately an after action reports are done and a top down review with imminent training.  Remember when the Tailhook Scandal with the Naval Pilots in Vegas and the Osprey Crashes killing many Marines.  I know at Camp Pendleton we had a problem with young Marines having wrecks after drinking in driving.  

We would have a safety stand down and one 4th of July they had the local Coroner come in at the Base Theater and show us pictures of dead Marines from car accidents and they parked a Car at the front Gate that a Marine died in.  Brutal but it damn sure got the point across.  Since many of these shootings are from actual Students or former Students and hell they play vicious video games anyway.  I think the should watch Documentaries of these tragedies have discussions and be as pro-active as possible.  Because whenever there is reaction there is uncontrolled emotion and it usually results in nothing but finger pointing.  

The Military seems to attack these matters aggressively and I feel it results in less of these things.  I do understand there have been a few attacks @ Ft. Hood and there are many Guns there yet that didn't stop multiple deaths.  So it takes more than Gunz to stop another Gun.  If you can Prevent you want have to Re-Invent.   Thoughts from the Warriors on this. 

I know it's a bit drastic but hell I would be willing to piss on a Spark plug if it would help stop this.  Please don't Mention Chicago we can discuss that separately I am not pointing fingers at anyone.    

We had a car placed at main gate at Schofield when I was there when a soldier was lost from drinking and driving also. 

These incidents that happen will never be prevented. Can try to slow them down as much as possible but can’t be stopped. I think the video games do have a part in these actions now also. Kids get a lil more ballsy and are bound to take their video game experience over to real life when not mentally stable or just can’t deal with adverse situations well.

AR15 aren’t much different than many many other rifles as you well know. The basic difference is cosmetic and they can be made to look cool by changing the upper and lower of the rifle. Lot of gun ignorant people don’t known the difference or better yet similarities of an AR15 and any other semi auto rifle. Ar15 are used more than other rifles becuae they look cooler and now more people buy them. If one wants to ban them they would have to ban all semi auto rifles and hand guns imo. 

Also, for others,  AR15 doesn’t mean Assault Rifle 15. 

15 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

We had a car placed at main gate at Schofield when I was there when a soldier was lost from drinking and driving also. 

These incidents that happen will never be prevented. Can try to slow them down as much as possible but can’t be stopped. I think the video games do have a part in these actions now also. Kids get a lil more ballsy and are bound to take their video game experience over to real life when not mentally stable or just can’t deal with adverse situations well.

AR15 aren’t much different than many many other rifles as you well know. The basic difference is cosmetic and they can be made to look cool by changing the upper and lower of the rifle. Lot of gun ignorant people don’t known the difference or better yet similarities of an AR15 and any other semi auto rifle. Ar15 are used more than other rifles becuae they look cooler and now more people buy them. If one wants to ban them they would have to ban all semi auto rifles and hand guns imo. 

Also, for others,  AR15 doesn’t mean Assault Rifle 15. 

Yep some people think AR stands for Assault Rifle or Automatic Rifle neither is true either.  But we can disagree I don't think they should be for Civilian consumption.  I feel trained well enough to properly handle that weapon and I don't see a reason to own it.  You are right about other weapons being similar.  I feel anything with a rapid rate of fire over 30-45 rounds per minute should not be a civilian weapon.  That's just my opinion.  I only own a Home Defense Shotgun and 9MM pistol.  And I sleep well at night.  Now if I need to engage someone from 500 meters on the regular I would be down to my Local Gun store at Zero Dark Thirty Sharp tomorrow. 

Watching the USA vs. CZE in the Frozen Folks games of 2018 in Ice Hockey.  2-2 9 mins in OT.   Went to my 1st hockey game 3 years ago and now a fan.  Winner goes to Medal Round. 

18 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Please don't Mention Chicago we can discuss that separately I am not pointing fingers at anyone.   

Just an FYI: my mention of Chicago was in no way to be taken in an 'all things bad' manner.  It was only after the coyote attack that prompted me, I did some reading to understand these animals.  The migration pattern was simply  repeated as read, and sheer coincidence I assume that this city was mentioned.

Also with regards to 'how to put down a horse' my verbiage was slightly mis-stated ...as I am aware of other means, the real point was that sometimes the hardware of a gun is used as a tool for some...

Hope this clears up some loose ends.

BTW: thanks for not calling my 'feminine canine' a bitch at least...xD  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

Just an FYI: my mention of Chicago was in no way to be taken in an 'all things bad' manner.  It was only after the coyote attack that prompted me, I did some reading to understand these animals.  The migration pattern was simply  repeated as read, and sheer coincidence I assume that this city was mentioned.

Also with regards to 'how to put down a horse' my verbiage was slightly mis-stated ...as I am aware of other means, the real point was that sometimes the hardware of a gun is used as a tool for some...

Hope this clears up some loose ends.

BTW: thanks for not calling my 'feminine canine' a bitch at least...xD  

I know your reference was not negative in nature.  I just remembered a friend from  Chicago told me about the Coyotes running thru the streets in the early Morning raiding trash bins for food behinds food places.  Don't for one moment think I wasn't contemplating calling her a Bitch.  But since she Sacked Up I let her off.  Freaking USA Hockey lost in shootout and not going to Medal Round.  We are proving to be not very good in the Frozen Folks games of 2018.  Hell I read this is our worst performance in 2 decades. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Coyotes? LOL

It was a little red fox that made him shi$ himself.  

Sure it was...certainly looks like a tiny red fox now doesn't it...

coyote-run1.jpg

I certainly know the difference as those golf course dwelling 'little red foxes' have a habit of snatching your ball before you can walk up to the green and putt  out ...not too scary (and difficult to score on your scoresheet)xD.  Note the picture above is half wolf/half coyote, you can tell by the markings...

If you don't believe me, you can just read for yourself...

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/coyote_info.htm

You hear them at night all the time in the distance as they have set up permanent residency in all the farmers fields down here and have become a significant problem. Not surprising to me at all that they were attracted to my land as it is very fertile ground for them.  On my tiny little 6 acre plot, there is not a day goes by where I won't bump into wildlife on my morning dog walk.  Just 20 minutes ago I had a flock of at least 40 wild turkey in the yard. On my property I have resident beaver, muskrat, and even one family of north american river otter. Moles (or Voles as they call them here) are an omnipresent plague that cannot be extinguished. So yeah it's a smorgashboard here for them.   

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Yep some people think AR stands for Assault Rifle or Automatic Rifle neither is true either.  But we can disagree I don't think they should be for Civilian consumption.  I feel trained well enough to properly handle that weapon and I don't see a reason to own it.  You are right about other weapons being similar.  I feel anything with a rapid rate of fire over 30-45 rounds per minute should not be a civilian weapon.  That's just my opinion.  I only own a Home Defense Shotgun and 9MM pistol.  And I sleep well at night.  Now if I need to engage someone from 500 meters on the regular I would be down to my Local Gun store at Zero Dark Thirty Sharp tomorrow. 

Watching the USA vs. CZE in the Frozen Folks games of 2018 in Ice Hockey.  2-2 9 mins in OT.   Went to my 1st hockey game 3 years ago and now a fan.  Winner goes to Medal Round. 

I almost bought AR a few times, just never pulled the trigger. I have lot of friends with them so I often get invited to their ranch, PD range to shoot with them. 

I currently own about 12 guns. 11 assorted rifles and shot guns passed on to me from my grandfather that I havnt shot in 10 plus years and a S&W SD9 I bought for home protection. Never even fired it. First time I do will be for a reason. 

I have zero issue with AR15s ownership. I also have no issue with background checks in order to get guns. Hell, I won a 2nd amendment raffle on Super Bowl Sunday which was any California legal glock of my choice and I still havnt went and picked it out from gun shop.  

Hockey is fun to watch in person. Especially in the minors. Lot of good fights. I’ve sat front row several times at Sharks games thanks to my buddies company tickets. There’s some big dudes on the ice. Haven’t watch much of any Olympics. I don’t do any of them “sports” so other than for American pride I can’t relate! 

On 20/02/2018 at 7:18 AM, TheBlockIsHot said:

Same of these lame ass states need to get their shit together. AR15s are designed to kill. Nothing more. Nothing less. Anyone who tells you they need one is either an idiot or they are flat out lying. 

They can be useful for killing hogs on an 11,000 acre South Texas ranch. When there are 20 hogs a time under a feeder and you're spending $50k a month on deer feed, you want an AR. And there are plenty of people who build and tailor an AR specifically for competition. Just sayin. 

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

They can be useful for killing hogs on an 11,000 acre South Texas ranch. When there are 20 hogs a time under a feeder and you're spending $50k a month on deer feed, you want an AR. And there are plenty of people who build and tailor an AR specifically for competition. Just sayin. 

Sure, but other guns are also useful for killing hogs. Sports are not a valid excuse for these to be legal.

They may be used for others things, but they are designed to kill. Period.

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

Sure, but other guns are also useful for killing hogs. Sports are not a valid excuse for these to be legal.

When there are 20 hogs at a time, nothing is better suited than an AR chambered in 6.8 or 450 Bushmaster. You need a rapid fire rifle with decent power. A bolt action rifle is not going to cut it. A pistol is good only if chambered in 10mm, but then you'll have to get closer. A shotgun would only be handy if it's a Saiga 12, where you get 10-20 rounds. So in such a scenario, when trying to eliminate the pests (which hogs are), what other guns are useful ?

7 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

And if you take ARs away, there are plenty of other types of guns that can inflict major damage. Charles Whitman shot people out to 600 yards with a deer rifle. The VA Tech shooter, if I'm not mistaken, used Glock pistols. Both caused major tragedies and killed many people. People who know less (or nothing) about guns seem to forget that almost any thing or gun can cause major damage if in the right hands. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

And if you take ARs away, there are plenty of other types of guns that can inflict major damage. Charles Whitman shot people out to 600 yards with a deer rifle. The VA Tech shooter, if I'm not mistaken, used Glock pistols. Both caused major tragedies and killed many people. People who know less (or nothing) about guns seem to forget that almost any thing or gun can cause major damage if in the right hands. 

All guns inflict damage. But I think you are missing the point.

The gun obsession is winning in the US over the safety of our kids and our country, thus favoring mass shooters.

We are the only country that has the mass shooter problem on this scale, in the developed world. This is inexcusable.

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

All guns inflict damage. But I think you are missing the point.

The gun obsession is winning in the US over the safety of our kids and our country, thus favoring mass shooters.

We are the only country that has the mass shooter problem on this scale, in the developed world. This is inexcusable.

What do you propose for a solution?

2 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

We can never get rid of the 2nd Amendment.

But I would propose that we make it EXTREMELY hard for someone to buy or sell a gun. Period.

Will this solve the problem? Not completely.

Will it help and save lives? Absolutely.

Licence

Registrar

limit number owned

require testing

age requirement, 21

Limit rounds 

ban all except those for traditional sport, reasonable home protection  and those reasonably used as tools. 

• Like 1

Just now, noonereal said:

Licence

Registrar

limit number owned

require testing

age requirement, 21

Limit rounds 

ban all except those for traditional sport, reasonable home protection  and those reasonably used as tools. 

Agree.

I liked the required testing.

The background checks should be similar to those applying for a security clearance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I almost bought AR a few times, just never pulled the trigger. I have lot of friends with them so I often get invited to their ranch, PD range to shoot with them. 

I currently own about 12 guns. 11 assorted rifles and shot guns passed on to me from my grandfather that I havnt shot in 10 plus years and a S&W SD9 I bought for home protection. Never even fired it. First time I do will be for a reason. 

I have zero issue with AR15s ownership. I also have no issue with background checks in order to get guns. Hell, I won a 2nd amendment raffle on Super Bowl Sunday which was any California legal glock of my choice and I still havnt went and picked it out from gun shop.  

Hockey is fun to watch in person. Especially in the minors. Lot of good fights. I’ve sat front row several times at Sharks games thanks to my buddies company tickets. There’s some big dudes on the ice. Haven’t watch much of any Olympics. I don’t do any of them “sports” so other than for American pride I can’t relate! 

Damn you sound like my Brother what the hell is up with You Army Dawgz and all them damn guns.:D  Hell I got my 9mm from him he had 4 of them.  He is a Retired CWO3 and the OIC of a ROTC unit @ a HS in San Francisco.  I don't need an AR-15  personally.  But I also don't see a need for a Monster Truck either and others do.   Hockey is great in person.  Freaking  USA lost in shootout 1-0 to the CZEH's.  Yeah amazing to see them big ass dudes with semi football unis skating like figure skaters on ice hitting a damn Ding Dong 100mph at each other and then drop Gloves and go straight Marquess of Queensbury right there on ice till one usually taps out or from exhaustion of punching the hell out of each other.  Yeah I am down for that sport any day and everyday.  Hell a brother even scored in my first game here watching the Stars. I was like  HELL YEAH it was meant for me to come here tonite and watch this sport. 

Trevor Dailey #6.  This dude scored the 1st goal in the 1st game I saw live here in Dallas.  The fans around me was freaking awesome.  They knew it was my first game and I was joking brothers don't mess with this and bang they put him up on the big screen. Because when they are geared up you can't really see them.  Awesome sport live.  Made me a fan. 

Image result for TREVOR DALEY DALLAS STARS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Licence

Registrar

limit number owned

require testing

age requirement, 21

Limit rounds 

Limit number owned? Someone out to cause harm only needs one. And you're not going to ban curio & relic guns either.