AR-15 Giveaway and raffle

Horsefly

Just now, noonereal said:

agree

background checks are a subset of licensing

Concealed carry? No way, no one no how.  (except undercover law agencies) 

So a legal, sane, law-abiding citizen can't carry to protect his/herself in the event of an armed confrontation? So they can end up being just another victim? Fuck that. LTCs are already hard to get, and even more so in the left leaning states.

• Like 2

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

What if they have bad credit because they pay cash for everything and don't worry about worshipping the almighty FICO score? 

Bad credit and no credit are completely different things. This is the purpose that a security clearance could clarify and ensure those with no credit aren't being penalized like someone with bad credit.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Whose opinion of bad character??? Whats a suspect employment history??

A security clearance determines a persons "whole picture" to determine issues with character.

For example- if a person jaywalked once or stole from Ross when they were 13, that would be fine.

Someone who gets fired from jobs. steals from jobs, and other suspect things would be considered to have suspect character and shouldn't own a gun.

Employment history- a good example would be someone that has been fired from his last 3 jobs for fault of his own.

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

Bad credit and no credit are completely different things. This is the purpose that a security clearance could clarify and ensure those with no credit aren't being penalized like someone with bad credit.

Bad credit is quite common in the middle in lower class due to...

1. Bad advice 

2. Poor choices 

It doesn't automatically mean he/she is a potential menace to society. 

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

Bad credit is quite common in the middle in lower class due to...

1. Bad advice 

2. Poor choices 

It doesn't automatically mean he/she is a potential menace to society. 

It doesn't but it is a very good predictor of future bad behavior.

No class in society gets a pass on the rules. The rules are designed to protect the public while protecting gun rights.

Here is some interesting information.  I tried to point out to some ignorant people on here who scream Chicago at any mention of Gun violence.  It seems that the most killings with Gunz are self inflicted so that well if we cut down on gunz others will kill me without protection.  It seems ridiculous since most deaths are by Suicide not homicide and that doesn't have a damn thing to do with Chicago.  Check out these for the real on Gunz

While firearm homicides are a major cause for concern, suicide by firearm makes up almost two-thirds of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. In fact, the number of firearm homicides has been on a general decline since 1993, while firearm-related suicides have increased in recent years.

Broken down, about 36,100 people die from firearms each year in the U.S. Suicides make up over 21,300 of those deaths, while homicides make up nearly 11,000. Legal intervention and accidental discharge of firearms are each responsible for roughly 500 deaths annually.

For every category except suicide, victims are, on average, between the ages of 15 and 34. While victims of self-inflicted gunshot wounds are usually between the ages of 45 and 64, the rate of suicide is relatively high for all involved age groups compared with other categories of death by firearm.

Where gunz are loved you have -Cides. What prefix fits your agenda Sui or Homo?  It is still death.  
 Gun-Laws-vs-Gun-Deaths--A02.png

Gun-Laws-vs-Gun-Deaths--A01.png

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

They will not ban number of guns. Im sure the bump stock will be banned or whatever but they will certainly not limit the number of legal guns that you can own

Number doesn't concern me.

It is the person that does. This is where my suggestions come into play.

As gun lovers always say- "you can't blame the gun, you have to blame the person."

I believe them.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

They will not ban number of guns. Im sure the bump stock will be banned or whatever but they will certainly not limit the number of legal guns that you can own

nothing will be none that will make a differance

maybe, for the first time, we will have national background checks which are almost useless

maybe we will ban bump stocks, again, something that will have little effect. 

nothing important,that can change things will be done

we are speaking of what should be done, not what will be done

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

why? 

as you said you only need one 

forget past practice and tradition, we have a problem that needs fixing

They only need ONE to commit murder. Why place a limit of guns per person (e.g. 10) when they need just one to go out and kill?

On the other, there are people who are solely interested in guns for collecting (people like myself, I collect WW2 era stuff). Why should they have a limit? Or a professional hunter or a competition shooter? 

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

They only need ONE to commit murder. Why place a limit of guns per person (e.g. 10) when they need just one to go out and kill?

On the other, there are people who are solely interested in guns for collecting (people like myself, I collect WW2 era stuff). Why should they have a limit? Or a professional hunter or a competition shooter? 

collections need to be of permanently deactivated guns... then have all you like

i feel bad for folks like you, law abiding, responsible, a heritage and i am sure awesome collection but as with anything, we must look to the greater good. 

too many guns is exactly the problem we have, it needs to change