All-time matchup Friday

ChimpGrip

20 hours ago, steeler01 said:

It's not, but speed is needed to be a good defense, and the teams you're using in your argument, lack it. You're and Alabama fan, how good would Alabama's defense be if their defense was slow?

Northshore plays in a  box, they've never been able to pass the ball with any efficiency. Atascocita sucks guy. They beat North Shore this year as well. 

Atascocita is used to getting kicked in by teams in the playoffs. 44-0 this year against Katy, did their W against North Shore this year help them any?

Atascocita with a total of 2 losses every year

Katy 44 Atascocita 0

Lake Travis 63 Atascocita 21

Westlake 48 Atascocita 28

Spring 48 Atascocita 26

Lake Travis 41 Atascocita 16

Average loss 30.6 or 31 points in the playoffs.

I said Katy would make that offense struggle because of the lack of speed LT has, and they did. They scored 28 points, with 7 coming off a trick play and another 7 coming off a Katy turnover. 

Katy and Allen the last two years have played in a box(Katy always plays in a box), something The Woodlands can defend(Doesn't require team speed when a team isn't stretching defenses out)

You seem to not understand match ups.

We were talking about 16 Atascocita, who knocked off a top 8-10 North Shore team or better according to some in the playoffs.

And North Shore sucks at passing and have never been good at it? Well with or without a good passing game, they were good enough to win the title in 2015, and their 2003 team had an excellent passing game (32 passing TDs to 2 interceptions).

Alabama has team speed but its not the reason why they dominate. Bama fielded maybe the best college defense ever in 2011, and they were not overly fast. Its discipline, coaching, and execution that ultimately measure how good a team is (and of course their on-field results). Its those same factors that make Alabama have a great defense. LSU had a faster defense in 2011, but they were not better. The fact you continue bring up team speed demonstrates your football knowledge sucks. Maybe LT beat Katy because they were better prepared and executed, which is the product of great coaching. And that means a heck of a lot more than just team speed.

LT did not struggle offensively. They moved up and down the field on Katy most of the day, apparently you're going off what you've heard and didn't even watch the game. I can provide the highlight reel on here if you're not resourceful enough to find it yourself. Sure, LT scored on two trick plays and totaled 28 for the day, but that does not tell the story of the game. If the game was indoors, LT would have beaten them even worse. The conditions sucked and that was more of in Katy's favor than LT, and LT still won.

I don't care what you think about match ups, schemes, etc. You don't know enough about the game to be an authority to throw around statements like, "You seem to not understand match ups". 

I'll take words of wisdom on football from the GM of the Indianapolis Colts, not some know-it-all HS board poster who's every other word is "speed".

And regarding the original topic, comparing SLC offenses to 2016 LT

QB-LT-.75 (Not giving LT full credit only because of the Chase Daniel factor).

RB-Push-0.5 each

WR-LT-1

OL-SLC (this is given simply based on talent, film should be analyzed by someone who can judge offensive lines to come to an accurate conclusion)-1

LT-2.25, SLC-1.75

5 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

We were talking about 16 Atascocita, who knocked off a top 8-10 North Shore team or better according to some in the playoffs.

This is what you do. According to someone they were better (LT WR) and now North Shore.

And North Shore sucks at passing and have never been good at it? Well with or without a good passing game, they were good enough to win the title in 2015, and their 2003 team had an excellent passing game (32 passing TDs to 2 interceptions).

What the Hell does winning a championship have to do with a teams passing game?

Reid and North Shore in 2003 were run the ball left and right.  The element of surprise of throwing the ball allowed him to get those numbers. 

Alabama has team speed but its not the reason why they dominate. Bama fielded maybe the best college defense ever in 2011, and they were not overly fast. Its discipline, coaching, and execution that ultimately measure how good a team is (and of course their on-field results). Its those same factors that make Alabama have a great defense. LSU had a faster defense in 2011, but they were not better. The fact you continue bring up team speed demonstrates your football knowledge sucks.

You can't be an elite or top notch defense without elite speed.  You don't seem to grasp that.  Bama is always one of the fastest defenses in college football. 

Maybe LT beat Katy because they were better prepared and executed, which is the product of great coaching. And that means a heck of a lot more than just team speed.

Maybe they beat Katy cause Katy couldn't move the ball offensively? Everyone knows what Katy is going to do. They're not flashy. 

LT did not struggle offensively. They moved up and down the field on Katy most of the day, apparently you're going off what you've heard and didn't even watch the game. I can provide the highlight reel on here if you're not resourceful enough to find it yourself. Sure, LT scored on two trick plays and totaled 28 for the day, but that does not tell the story of the game.

28 points and one coming off a turnover isn't moving the ball up and down the field.  

If the game was indoors, LT would have beaten them even worse. The conditions sucked and that was more of in Katy's favor than LT, and LT still won.

Here we go with the what if again that you love. 

I don't care what you think about match ups, schemes, etc. You don't know enough about the game to be an authority to throw around statements like, "You seem to not understand match ups". 

You don't

I'll take words of wisdom on football from the GM of the Indianapolis Colts, not some know-it-all HS board poster who's every other word is "speed".

Take the words of whoever you want,  you're just a fan boy, whose lost. 

13 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

This is what you do. According to someone they were better (LT WR) and now North Shore.

This is only the second time of me using someone else's input. Its a fine example of how humans are creatures of identifying patterns and believing them. 

Reid and North Shore in 2003 were run the ball left and right.  The element of surprise of throwing the ball allowed him to get those numbers. 

You still have to have a capable passing game to take advantage of when the defenses are selling out to stop your run game. I've seen this time and time again at the HS and pro level.

You can't be an elite or top notch defense without elite speed.  You don't seem to grasp that.  Bama is always one of the fastest defenses in college football. 

Bama did not have elite speed, LSU did. You either ignored what I said or are too ignorant to grasp it (I am leaning towards the latter, by the way)

Maybe they beat Katy cause Katy couldn't move the ball offensively? Everyone knows what Katy is going to do. They're not flashy.

Katy doesn't have to be flashy. Flashy Katy scored 775 points in 2015 (more than your precious SLC teams) and a previous state record of 827 in 2012. You bash their schedule or whatever, but that's good offense. You don't need to be flashy to be good. Just because you know what they're going to do doesn't mean you can stop it. Katy had a good offense in 2017.

This comment further proves your ignorance. Deondrick Glass alone had near 200 yards rushing. So Katy moved the ball often, especially in the first half. And yes, LT  picked Katy apart. 23-32 for 296 yards with 88 yards on the ground to add. LT didn't even have a true RB either.  

28 points and one coming off a turnover isn't moving the ball up and down the field.  

Good lord you are dense. Have you ever heard of bend don't break? Go back and watch the film (I doubt you will, because you are a know-it-all).

Here we go with the what if again that you love. 

You don't

Take the words of whoever you want,  you're just a fan boy, whose lost. 

I'd rather be a lost fan boy than a degenerate.

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

This is only the second time of me using someone else's input. Its a fine example of how humans are creatures of identifying patterns and believing them. 

It's the 2nd time in this Thread

You still have to have a capable passing game to take advantage of when the defenses are selling out to stop your run game. I've seen this time and time again at the HS and pro level.

That doesn't make it an excellent passing game like you claimed above.  Was it competent enough to make teams play when they sell out to stop the run, yes.

Bama did not have elite speed, LSU did. You either ignored what I said or are too ignorant to grasp it (I am leaning towards the latter, by the way)

Bama has always had elite defensive speed under Saban. What the hell does LSU being faster than Bama have to do with Bama having elite defensive speed?

Katy doesn't have to be flashy. Flashy Katy scored 775 points in 2015 (more than your precious SLC teams) and a previous state record of 827 in 2012. You bash their schedule or whatever, but that's good offense. You don't need to be flashy to be good. Just because you know what they're going to do doesn't mean you can stop it. Katy had a good offense in 2017.

Katy scoring 775 points doesn't mean they have a great offense. Once again you're going off of stats. 90 percent of Katy's schedule in 2015 sucked.

Who said you have to be flashy to have a great offense? Katy isn't flashy, everyone knows what they're going to do, either you have the front 7 to stop them or you don't.

This comment further proves your ignorance. Deondrick Glass alone had near 200 yards rushing. So Katy moved the ball often, especially in the first half. And yes, LT  picked Katy apart. 23-32 for 296 yards with 88 yards on the ground to add. LT didn't even have a true RB either.  

Good lord you are dense. Have you ever heard of bend don't break? Go back and watch the film (I doubt you will, because you are a know-it-all).

Lake travis had less than 350 yards of offense. That's not moving the ball up and down the field you goof. 

26 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I am not arguing with someone who can’t do simple math. 

You're going by Maxpreps, and fine I'll go with 384. LT punted 4 times in the game, once again, that's not moving the ball up and down the field at will fan boy. You don't punt 4 times and move the ball up and down the field on somebody.

For example

Super Bowl 52

Eagles 1 punt

Patriots 0 punts

That's moving the ball up and down the field.

Hell prior to Katy falling apart before halftime, Lake Travis had 7 points with 2 minutes to go(Dropped TD by Katy and then the missed FG)

16 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You're going by Maxpreps, and fine I'll go with 384. LT punted 4 times in the game, once again, that's not moving the ball up and down the field at will fan boy. You don't punt 4 times and move the ball up and down the field on somebody.

For example

Super Bowl 52

Eagles 1 punt

Patriots 0 punts

That's moving the ball up and down the field.

Hell prior to Katy falling apart before halftime, Lake Travis had 7 points with 2 minutes to go(Dropped TD by Katy and then the missed FG)

When Alabama played Texas A&M in 2013, A&M punted three times. A&M had 628 yards (neither the Eagles or Pats had this much) of offense and scored 42 points. 

In that game, the total yardage between the Aggies and the Tide was 1,196

In your example, Philly vs NE, there was a grand total of 1,151 yards between the two teams.

So, it may be fair to say number of punts is not a stat you want to use to try to gauge how productive, for lack of a better word, an offense was. Whether the game was a shoot-out or low-scoring.

LT could not have moved the ball all over Katy with just one more punt? I know 384=/=500+, but that is a decent amount of yards to put on what was probably the best defense in the state with poor conditions. And 296 is a better than decent amount to put on Katy through the air.

And don't worry, LT had missed opportunities too. Baldwin was never the same after hurting his knee against Vandy. Still very good, but his mobility dropped off and he missed a game. And would end up getting hurt again at the start of the state title game.  

2016 LT had the best TX offense ever. 

I have my opinions, and you have yours.