2008 Lake Travis vs 2015 Colquitt

2016 Lake Travis vs 2017 Allen

2007 MNW vs 2012 Katy

2011 Don Bosco Prep vs 2011 Louisville Trinity 

2016 Bishop Gorman vs 2017 MD

2008 Camden vs 2011 Grayson

1988 Dallas Carter vs 1998 DLS

2013 St John Bosco vs 2009 Don Bosco Prep

Start giving scores and we'll try to come to agreement as to who wins each match. Winners advance.

WHY do you think that 2008 Lake Travesty would be worthy of playing 2015 Colquitt? LT struggled with three relative nobodies in regular season!(six loss Round Rock Westwood, five loss Westlake, and five loss Cedar Park)

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This is the best I can find 

1991 National Championship Squad. 

La Grange #2 in the nation @ Colquitt County  top 10 in the nation. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sv-G_fu_gzI

Atlanta MARIST has ALWAYS run the Triple Option! And they have TWO State titles!

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This is the best I can find 

1991 National Championship Squad. 

La Grange #2 in the nation @ Colquitt County  top 10 in the nation. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sv-G_fu_gzI

FIRST of ALL, Lagrange finished as National Champion in 1991! And they were our BEEEOOOTCH for 47 minutes and forty five seconds, until that forty five yard FG by their Alabama commit! And Colquitt wasn't top ten in the STATE, until the State Championship game! They had to upset Tift in the region playoffs to make the two team state playoffs from Region One, after losing 10-7 in regular season at Brodie Field!

That first play you have on that clip, was instrumental in Colquitt losing to Lagrange! Our All State WR Chris McCranie, who they hadn't stopped all night long, broke his leg on that play! I don't think the Grangers had ever seen a WHITE boy who could JUMP before!xD

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

WHY do you think that 2008 Lake Travesty would be worthy of playing 2015 Colquitt? LT struggled with three relative nobodies in regular season!(six loss Round Rock Westwood, five loss Westlake, and five loss Cedar Park)

Apparently you know nothing of 08 LT. And 16 LT, in their peak, would take your team to the woodshed. Best TX HS offense ever paired with a solid defense.

15 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

# of FBS Recruits by State for 2018...

(Texas, Florida, California, & Georgia combine for 47.65% of the total prospects signed in 2018)

Texas - 400 

Florida - 347

California - 258

Georgia - 224

Ohio - 100 

Louisiana - 99

Alabama - 87

North Carolina - 86

Mississippi - 71

Maryland/DC - 66

Illinois - 63

South Carolina - 58

Pennsylvania - 56

Michigan, Tennessee - 55

Virginia - 49

New Jersey - 48

----

States with 1 - Rhode Island, Wyoming

States with 0 - Alaska, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, Vermont

MD almost had as many as Jersey...

805015D1-115D-4364-A3F4-E1C87FE495F6.gif

9 hours ago, steeler01 said:

SLC had better offenses  in 04, 05 and 07( With Riley Dodge playing)

No they didn’t. 

Edit: Here’s why LT was the best. They had a sluggish start to the season, but they turned it around quickly. Had 05 SLC played a team of the caliber of Judson 17 rather than Grapevine that night, they probably lose. 

LT scored 830 points, a Texas old 5A and 6A record. And in several games, the starters were done by either the end of the 1st quarter or halftime. They could have easily padded stats and scored way more and rack up way more yards.  

Charlie Brewer>>>Mcelroy, Dodge, and better passer than Daniel. Brewer set a national record of completion percentage (of something like 76-79%) and had 55 TDs to 3 picks. None of the SLC QBs were that accurate and efficient. Brewer could also run and was as tough as a cedar wood stump. So that bridges the gap. Not to mention, if Charlie got hurt, they had a future Ohio State QB as a backup, who finished the 2016 season with 10 TDs and 0 picks. And showed his worth in 2017, picking apart undefeated Katy. So LT had the better starting QB and better QB depth. 

LT WRs>SLC WRs- Note that I’ve had SLC guys tell me that Cade Green (LTs leading receiver, who’s at Wisconsin right now) was better than any receiver to come through SLC in the Dodge era. Also, Garrett Wilson will be a 5 Star WR when it’s all said and done, and currently has 30 offers. SLC never had a receiver like him. Better athlete too (he was a varsity basketball player as a freshman-Renfro may have been faster straight-line, but Wilson had better ball skills and leaping ability. Leaping ability that would make Randy Moss blush). LT had a very deep group of receivers, nearly all are playing college ball. SLC was very deep in their prime years as well, but I LT’s were top to bottom better. 

Running backs- it’s a lot closer here. Newton was good in his own way, and Maleek Barkley was an explosive, bounce outside back who could stretch the field. 

OL-Very close once again. Both teams were also very talented at this unit. 

So you could make a case that one or the other is better, but it’s not unreasonable at all to call LT’s better. Believe what you want, that’s one of the things that makes this country great. 

On 2/23/2018 at 8:47 PM, ORabidOne said:

BULLSHIT! 2015 Colquitt had twenty six players who went to the next level! The only thing that would have made them better would be to have Ty Leggett, Daijun Edwards, and Siheim King in the backfield rotation! 2015 Colquitt had the best 1-2 punch at receiver, that I've EVER seen in high school! And they had EIGHT more in the WR receiver CorPs that season, as well! They had guys who barely saw action, who would have started at other schools! NOBODY had the secondary depth to keep up with THAT type of depth at receiver! And I watched my first game in 1955!

Probably should have clarified this upfront but we should only include teams that were best that year

if we start discussing CQ15, that would expand to the discussion to 100+ teams per decade

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

Probably should have clarified this upfront but we should only include teams that were best that year

if we start discussing CQ15, that would expand to the discussion to 100+ teams per decade

Colquitt County in 2015 was in the argument for best team that year.    I don't see the issue there. 

20 minutes ago, Pops said:

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/colquitt-county-packers-are-2015-national-champs

Damn algorithm (with special sauce)!  :)  

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Oh yeah my bad,  i forgot about him 

Harriott - 3 years, 2 titles    OOS  2-2  (Bingham, SJB wins... Cen10, AZ, BG* losses)            Overall 36-6  (playoff loss to Venice 2017)

Casullo - 4 years, 2 titles   OOS  3-2  (DLS, Prattville, John Curtis wins...  DBP x 2 losses)   Overall 47-9  (playoff loss to Dwyer 2011, 2013)

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Harriott - 3 years, 2 titles    OOS  2-2  (Bingham, SJB wins... Cen10, AZ, BG* losses)            Overall 36-6  (playoff loss to Venice 2017)

Casullo - 4 years, 2 titles   OOS  3-2  (DLS, Prattville, John Curtis wins...  DBP x 2 losses)   Overall 47-9  (playoff loss to Dwyer 2011, 2013)

Was it loss to bosco or Dywer that got him fired? 

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

No they didn’t. 

Edit: Here’s why LT was the best. They had a sluggish start to the season, but they turned it around quickly. Had 05 SLC played a team of the caliber of Judson 17 rather than Grapevine that night, they probably lose. 

They had a sluggish start, because they played the best part of their schedule early on. 

LT scored 830 points, a Texas old 5A and 6A record. And in several games, the starters were done by either the end of the 1st quarter or halftime. They could have easily padded stats and scored way more and rack up way more yards.  

They also had a horrible schedule. None of the teams they played were considered good defensively.

Charlie Brewer>>>Mcelroy, Dodge, and better passer than Daniel. Brewer set a national record of completion percentage (of something like 76-79%) and had 55 TDs to 3 picks. None of the SLC QBs were that accurate and efficient. Brewer could also run and was as tough as a cedar wood stump. So that bridges the gap. Not to mention, if Charlie got hurt, they had a future Ohio State QB as a backup, who finished the 2016 season with 10 TDs and 0 picks. And showed his worth in 2017, picking apart undefeated Katy. So LT had the better starting QB and better QB depth. 

Going by stats sure, but not reality. Dodge and Daniel both ran and passed as well as any HS QB in the nation. 

LT WRs>SLC WRs- Note that I’ve had SLC guys tell me that Cade Green (LTs leading receiver, who’s at Wisconsin right now) was better than any receiver to come through SLC in the Dodge era. Also, Garrett Wilson will be a 5 Star WR when it’s all said and done, and currently has 30 offers. SLC never had a receiver like him. Better athlete too (he was a varsity basketball player as a freshman-Renfro may have been faster straight-line, but Wilson had better ball skills and leaping ability. Leaping ability that would make Randy Moss blush). LT had a very deep group of receivers, nearly all are playing college ball. SLC was very deep in their prime years as well, but I LT’s were top to bottom better. 

Who cares what some SLC fan says. Jacobson was better than Cade Green was in H.S.

2016 Lake Travis

Cade Green-Wisconsin

Garrett WIlson

2004 SLC/2005 SLC

Mckay Jacobson- BYU

Clint Renfro-TCU

Evan Fentriss-RIce

Corbin Smiter-Rice

Riley Dodge(2005 team)-North Texas with Division 1 offers to play this spot, but went with his dad to N. Texas. 

Running backs- it’s a lot closer here. Newton was good in his own way, and Maleek Barkley was an explosive, bounce outside back who could stretch the field. 

I'll give you the push

OL-Very close once again. Both teams were also very talented at this unit. 

SLC not close. 

Mitch Enright-SMU

MIke Prince- MIzzou

Robert Hill-Utah State

Lake Travis

Brendan Jaimes-Nebraska

So you could make a case that one or the other is better, but it’s not unreasonable at all to call LT’s better. Believe what you want, that’s one of the things that makes this country great. 

29 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

They had a sluggish start, because they played the best part of their schedule early on. 

They also had a horrible schedule. None of the teams they played were considered good defensively.

Going by stats sure, but not reality. Dodge and Daniel both ran and passed as well as any HS QB in the nation. 

Who cares what some SLC fan says. Jacobson was better than Cade Green was in H.S.

2016 Lake Travis

Cade Green-Wisconsin

Garrett WIlson

2004 SLC/2005 SLC

Mckay Jacobson- BYU

Clint Renfro-TCU

Evan Fentriss-RIce

Corbin Smiter-Rice

Riley Dodge(2005 team)-North Texas with Division 1 offers to play this spot, but went with his dad to N. Texas. 

I'll give you the push

SLC not close. 

Mitch Enright-SMU

MIke Prince- MIzzou

Robert Hill-Utah State

Lake Travis

Brendan Jaimes-Nebraska

2016 LT WRs

Cade Brewer-Texas

Cade Green-Wisconsin

Garrett Wilson-anywhere he wants. Heck he may go to Bama, if he wants to. SLC didn’t have anyone of this caliber (and he is better than any SLC receiver ever was under Dodge).

Mac Humble-Penn

Carson Pepe-Penn

And there’s one more that is playing college ball but can’t recall his name at the moment

”None of the teams they played were good defensively” You need to do your homework before saying that. I guess Smithson Valley and The Woodlands were no good? Smithson Valley had an excellent defense. The Woodlands couldn’t have been too bad to get where they did, and beating some very good teams in the process. And their schedule was pretty decent. They beat a good Atascocita team who had just knocked off the defending champs, North Shore, 63-21. LT could have scored 100 if they wanted to. They beat D2 runner up Steele at their own place. They beat The Woodlands  (who was 15-0) soundly, who had victories over powers Allen and Katy in the same season. And they handed Westlake their two worst losses in school history in the same season. Not a world-beater schedule, but it didn’t have to be. The same group of kids a year before ran through Westfield, Mansfield, State finalist Westlake, and other teams before being baptized by fire by 2015 Katy. 

And again, on the night 05 SLC played Grapevine (who they barely got by), had that team been a fresh Judson team like the Rockets were at the start of 16, I bet they beat SLC. 

LT played very good teams at the end of the season (a stretch of games similar to their non District slate) and beat them all to death. 

And it’s NOT just stats that show Brewer was better. He was extremely accurate and efficient watching him play. He didn’t turn the ball over and ran the offense with precision. Riley Dodge had 14 interceptions  in 2006 while Mcelroy had 12 I believe in 2005. On the other hand, Charlie had 55 TDs with just three interceptions. With the eye test and stats in mind, and the fact that the offenses were similar in many ways, what is so ridiculous about saying Charlie Brewer was better than any SLC QB? 

And I stand by my comment that 16 LT had better QB depth than any of the SLC teams. Apparently none of the SLC QBs were good.

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

”None of the teams they played were good defensively” You need to do your homework before saying that. I guess Smithson Valley and The Woodlands were no good?

Good overall team, but not good defensively. Both teams have no speed. Something needed to have a good defense. 

Smithson Valley had an excellent defense. The Woodlands couldn’t have been too bad to get where they did, and beating some very good teams in the process. And their schedule was pretty decent. They beat a good Atascocita team who had just knocked off the defending champs, North Shore, 63-21.

Atascocita really?

And again, on the night 05 SLC played Grapevine (who they barely got by), had that team been a fresh Judson team like the Rockets were at the start of 16, I bet they beat SLC. 

You're hoping they come in with the same mind set against a better team than Grapevine. SLC beat much better teams than Judson in 2005(Plano, Lufkin and Katy off the top of my head). 

LT played very good teams at the end of the season (a stretch of games similar to their non District slate) and beat them all to death. 

No they didn't. Westlake, Atascocita and The Woodlands(best opponent, but their defense lacks speed). The Woodlands is a team that due to their lack of speed, struggles mightily against spread teams(Not the garbage ones).

That's hardly a tough stretch of games. 

14 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Good overall team, but not good defensively. Both teams have no speed. Something needed to have a good defense. 

Atascocita really?

You're hoping they come in with the same mind set against a better team than Grapevine. SLC beat much better teams than Judson in 2005(Plano, Lufkin and Katy off the top of my head). 

No they didn't. Westlake, Atascocita and The Woodlands(best opponent, but their defense lacks speed). The Woodlands is a team that due to their lack of speed, struggles mightily against spread teams(Not the garbage ones).

That's hardly a tough stretch of games. 

Smithson Valley was excellent defensively. To use speed in your argument shows a woeful gap in your football acumen. We’ve already been through this, you should know by now that speed is not the only component of the equation that measures how good teams are. 

See, people were knocking the Cita claim because they didn’t have the name of one of the big time schools. None the less, they defeated a top 10 North Shore team. I don’t think it’s crazy to say Atascocita had a very good team. Sure, they don’t have “Trinity” or “Katy” across the front of their jerseys, but they still had an excellent team. So yeah, really. 

Allen is a spread team, right? And The Woodlands beat them. And their defense didn’t exactly get shredded either. Would you say Allen had a “garbage” offense in 2016, even though they averaged 42 points per game? For such a slow defense (TWHS) they did pretty damn well against their schedule. 

You said Katy should beat LT because LT had no speed in 2017. You were wrong, big time. But no, it’s all about team speed. Haha, that was comical (on your part). That big slow Highlanders team managed to beat Allen and Katy in the same year. I thought slow teams can’t compete with the 6A elites? 

31 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Smithson Valley was excellent defensively. To use speed in your argument shows a woeful gap in your football acumen. We’ve already been through this, you should know by now that speed is not the only component of the equation that measures how good teams are. 

It's not, but speed is needed to be a good defense, and the teams you're using in your argument, lack it. You're and Alabama fan, how good would Alabama's defense be if their defense was slow?

See, people were knocking the Cita claim because they didn’t have the name of one of the big time schools. None the less, they defeated a top 10 North Shore team. I don’t think it’s crazy to say Atascocita had a very good team. Sure, they don’t have “Trinity” or “Katy” across the front of their jerseys, but they still had an excellent team. So yeah, really. 

Northshore plays in a  box, they've never been able to pass the ball with any efficiency. Atascocita sucks guy. They beat North Shore this year as well. 

Atascocita is used to getting kicked in by teams in the playoffs. 44-0 this year against Katy, did their W against North Shore this year help them any?

Atascocita with a total of 2 losses every year

Katy 44 Atascocita 0

Lake Travis 63 Atascocita 21

Westlake 48 Atascocita 28

Spring 48 Atascocita 26

Lake Travis 41 Atascocita 16

Average loss 30.6 or 31 points in the playoffs.

Allen is a spread team, right? And The Woodlands beat them. And their defense didn’t exactly get shredded either. Would you say Allen had a garbage offense in 2016, even though they averaged 42 points per game? For such a slow defense (TWHS) they did pretty damn well against their schedule. 

Allen the last two years hasn't been a true spread team. They've been more of a grind it out team. The Murray years they were a true spread team

You said Katy should beat LT because LT had no speed in 2017. You were wrong, big time. But no, it’s all about team speed. Haha, that was comical (on your part). That big slow Highlanders team managed to beat Allen and Katy in the same year. I thought slow teams can’t compete with the 6A elites? 

I said Katy would make that offense struggle because of the lack of speed LT has, and they did. They scored 28 points, with 7 coming off a trick play and another 7 coming off a Katy turnover. 

Katy and Allen the last two years have played in a box(Katy always plays in a box), something The Woodlands can defend(Doesn't require team speed when a team isn't stretching defenses out)

You seem to not understand match ups.