All-time matchup Friday

ChimpGrip

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

MD17 beats all these teams by 2 scores...

#trolling

BULLSHIT! 2015 Colquitt had twenty six players who went to the next level! The only thing that would have made them better would be to have Ty Leggett, Daijun Edwards, and Siheim King in the backfield rotation! 2015 Colquitt had the best 1-2 punch at receiver, that I've EVER seen in high school! And they had EIGHT more in the WR receiver CorPs that season, as well! They had guys who barely saw action, who would have started at other schools! NOBODY had the secondary depth to keep up with THAT type of depth at receiver! And I watched my first game in 1955!

23 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

BULLSHIT! 2015 Colquitt had twenty six players who went to the next level! The only thing that would have made them better would be to have Ty Leggett, Daijun Edwards, and Siheim King in the backfield rotation! 2015 Colquitt had the best 1-2 punch at receiver, that I've EVER seen in high school! And they had EIGHT more in the WR receiver CorPs that season, as well! They had guys who barely saw action, who would have started at other schools! NOBODY had the secondary depth to keep up with THAT type of depth at receiver! And I watched my first game in 1955!

I normally ignore your post but I’m bored...

Colquit 15 was good but to dismiss MD 17 is laughable...

21 of the 22 starts on that MD team last year will play D1. 13 Sr’s have signed with D1 teams.

A 1-2 punch is cute but MD had a 1-2-3-4 punch with 3 D1 Sr’s at WR and a 5* Jr...

in 1955 high school teams in GA ran the wishbone and throw the ball 4 time a game so that doesn’t add authority to your judgment.

11 hours ago, 954gator said:

2013 SJB best win was vs DLS 20-14.

2013 BTW beat this team who went up to Jersey and gave DBP their worst loss I can remember.    Not to mention Norcross 55-0 in GA, and beating Gorman in Vegas.   These two teams went cross country and whooped up on state champs.    

SJB destroyed the TL that year, beating MD twice by 22 and 27 points, and ran through the Pac-5, beating CC by 21 points. They also crushed Chandler of AZ by 21, who would later lose the AZ state championship game by 4 points.

They also sent...

Rosen to UCLA

Wadood to UCLA

Tuioti-Mariner to UCLA

Mama to USC

Fields to USC

Dorton to USC

Hale to Washington

McCgrew to Washington

Leniu to Washington State

Robertson to Arizona St.

Hawkins to Air Force

Baldwin to Navy

Zabduloff was offered by Cal State San Diego but went to Amherst. He was an undersized smart kid.

SM's legendary head coach Harry Welch said that the 2013 SJB Braves were the best HSFB team he had seen since he started coaching in 1965.

Don't hold it against SJB that DLS kept them within 6 points. 

Plus let's not forget that that BG team that lost to BTW also lost to Mountain Pointe of AZ and barely escaped SM by 3 points in 2OT. SJB beat that same SM team 56-12.

And that DBP team that Central beat went 7-4 that year.

So I, myself, wouldn't bet against the Braves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

SJB destroyed the TL that year, beating MD twice by 22 and 27 points, and ran through the Pac-5, beating CC by 21 points. They also crushed Chandler of AZ by 21, who would later lose the AZ state championship game by 4 points.

They also sent...

Rosen to UCLA

Wadood to UCLA

Tuioti-Mariner to UCLA

Mama to USC

Fields to USC

Dorton to USC

Hale to Washington

McCgrew to Washington

Leniu to Washington State

Robertson to Arizona St.

Hawkins to Air Force

Baldwin to Navy

Zabduloff was offered by Cal State San Diego but went to Amherst. He was an undersized smart kid.

SM's legendary head coach Harry Welch said that the 2013 SJB Braves were the best HSFB team he had seen since he started coaching in 1965.

Don't hold it against SJB that DLS kept them within 6 points. 

Plus let's not forget that that BG team that lost to BTW also lost to Mountain Pointe of AZ and barely escaped SM by 3 points in 2OT. SJB beat that same SM team 56-12.

And that DBP team that Central beat went 7-4 that year.

So I, myself, wouldn't bet against the Braves.

Yeah and Mount Pointe beat Chandler by more than SJB did that year.   BTW beat Gorman by more than MP did.   Winning big thousands of miles away against big name programs is VERY hard to do.   Just watch the beginning of the Central/DPB clip and watch for the flags thrown by refs at the end of the plays early on.    SJB had to deal with that a bit against DLS that year (from what I've heard), it's very difficult to overcome.       

52 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah and Mount Pointe beat Chandler by more than SJB did that year.   BTW beat Gorman by more than MP did.   Winning big thousands of miles away against big name programs is VERY hard to do.   Just watch the beginning of the Central/DPB clip and watch for the flags thrown by refs at the end of the plays early on.    SJB had to deal with that a bit against DLS that year (from what I've heard), it's very difficult to overcome.       

Yeah, I know.

That's why DLS is 7-8 against OOS teams. They travel thousands of miles away to play big name programs quite often.

The fact the Mountain Pointe beat Chandler by 3 points more than SJB beat Chandler doesn't prove a whole a lot, since both games were blowouts. And to bring up the fact that BTW beat BG by 14 and that MP beat them only by 7 is to daisy chain pretty hard. 

It's true that SJB had a few big TD runs brought back on holding calls, but it's hard to attribute that to hometown reffing, since the Open Game was played in SoCal that year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Yeah, I know.

That's why DLS is 7-8 against OOS teams. They travel thousands of miles away quite a bit. 

The fact the Mountain Pointe beat Chandler by 3 points more than SJB beat Chandler doesn't prove a whole a lot, since both were blowouts. And to bring up the fact that BTW beat BG by 14 and that MP beat them only by 7 is to daisy chain pretty hard. 

MP to their credit was that 4th team that should have gotten more credit that year, but unfortunately for them 2013 was a stacked year.    

As far as talent sure SJB was pretty talented, but didn't have the depth that SJB and MD had this last year.   And that division was no where near what they are now.   I'd be willing to bet if we took BTW's and SJB's top opponents by their talent level  BTW/MC would have played against teams with a good bit more talent.     

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 954gator said:

MP to their credit was that 4th team that should have gotten more credit that year, but unfortunately for them 2013 was a stacked year.    

As far as talent sure SJB was pretty talented, but didn't have the depth that SJB and MD had this last year.   And that division was no where near what they are now.   I'd be willing to bet if we took BTW's and SJB's top opponents by their talent level  BTW/MC would have played against teams with a good bit more talent.     

I think that SJB's 2013 season had a big impact on HSFB in SoCal.

I think that's where you want to look if you want to understand the tremendous increase in transfer activity in the Greater LA Area in the last few years.

To say that SJB's 2013 team was pretty talented but not as talented as recent SJB and MD teams is to miss the point. Apart from STA, IMG, the off-hand LBP or DLS team from the late 90s or early 2000s, and maybe an off-hand team here or there in some other parts of the country, we haven't seen HSFB teams with that much talent.

It used to be very unusual to see a HSFB team with 13 kids on the field who would play for FBS teams and to have 10 kids on the field who would play for Power 5 Conference teams.

Now SJB, MD, BG, STA, and IMG seem to be stacked with transfer talent almost every single year. 

The 1991 La Grange Rangers out of La Grange(GA) won a national championship finished #1 in USAT and 2 other polls.  

That 1991 team still holds records today that havnt been broken.  

They had arguably one of the top 10 toughest playoff runs in GHSA history... 

They opened up round 1 with a win over Scrubby Riverdale 34-0 

Round 2 they beat #7 in state Statesboro 35-14 

Round 3 #4 in state Mceachern 21-14 in OT

Round 4 #8 nationally Ranked Valdosta in a Defensive thriller 6-0

State Finals 

In a game that makes Rab as bitter as a crab apple... 

Nationally Ranked Colquitt County lost to La Grange in the state finals 17-16. 

La Grange thay season beat several nationally ranked opponents:

Regular season 

@ Clarke Central(Athens,GA) ranked #2 in the nation at the time. 

@ Mceachern ranked in the top 15 at the time. Then again in the playoffs. So twice.

@ Valdosta- #8 in the nation 

Then Colquitt County who was pretty high... 

That 1991 La Grange squad was something special. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately La Grange suffers from the too many schools syndrome... the talent got split pretty badly... 

All the good players go to Callaway HS now... and Troup HS gets a few good athletes. But La Grange HS now is a very far cry away from 1991 status... 

And honestly thats sad because La Grange is a strange but nice area I say its strange because it doesnt feel like its apart of GA. 

The way its built it feels like a mix of modern and old European Village... its unique... 

They even have cobblestone roads in some areas...  

Its a popular area for college kids and single women... 

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

SJB had to deal with that a bit against DLS that year (from what I've heard), it's very difficult to overcome.       

You heard wrong

SJB guys had a couple of holding calls and socal contingent cried foul, but if you look at game, they were holding every play — refs just gave up calling it

check out SJB’s Long TD Pass — RT Mamma tackles Larry Ross who otherwise had him beat and would have gotten Rosen — big difference in a 6 point game

fwiw, I’m not claiming foul only that calls went both ways 

5 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I think that SJB's 2013 season had a big impact on HSFB in SoCal.

I think that's where you want to look if you want to understand the tremendous increase in transfer activity in the Greater LA Area in the last few years.

To say that SJB's 2013 team was pretty talented but not as talented as recent SJB and MD teams is to miss the point. Apart from STA, IMG, the off-hand LBP or DLS team from the late 90s or early 2000s, and maybe an off-hand team here or there in some other parts of the country, we haven't seen HSFB teams with that much talent.

It used to be very unusual to see a HSFB team with 13 kids on the field who would play for FBS teams and to have 10 kids on the field who would play for Power 5 Conference teams.

Now SJB, MD, BG, STA, and IMG seem to be stacked with transfer talent almost every single year. 

Truth is BTW and Central faced a lot of legit teams that were loaded with talent.   Boynton beach lead by future Heismann winner Lamar Jackson,  AHP with Sony Michel/Isaiah Mckenzie and others, etc etc.   

Check out 2013 University School's Roster.  This is not counting younger freshman like Marco Wilson (Florida), or Nik Bonitto (Oklahoma).   Most of these kids later transferred to STA or AHP once University had issues with their FB program and coach left.   Also a bunch of others went Ivy league or D2.    I remember Pops saying University School was a garbage opponent because Calpreps said so.    It really wasn't that unusual for the good teams down here to have 10+ D1 players.   

Jorden Scarlett RB   Florida

Quincy Wilson  CB   Florida  (Colts)

Richard Yeargin  DE/OLB   Clemson

Brian Burns DE  FSU  

Sean White QB  Auburn

Rashad Causey DB  UCF

Sam Bruce  WR   UM

Brandon Boyce  DL   Duke

Emmanuel Soto WR  Air Force 

Lajuan Hunt  RB   Utah St

Brandon Russell  LB   Rutgers

Chris Taylor   WR    Duke

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 4:19 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Who wins these games?

2013 Booker T Washington vs 2008 STA

2013 Allen vs 2015 Katy

2008 Lake Travis vs 2015 Colquitt

2016 Lake Travis vs 2017 Allen

2007 MNW vs 2012 Katy

2011 Don Bosco Prep vs 2011 Louisville Trinity 

2016 Bishop Gorman vs 2017 MD

2008 Camden vs 2011 Grayson

1988 Dallas Carter vs 1998 DLS

2013 St John Bosco vs 2009 Don Bosco Prep

Start giving scores and we'll try to come to agreement as to who wins each match. Winners advance.

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Truth is BTW and Central faced a lot of legit teams that were loaded with talent.   Boynton beach lead by future Heismann winner Lamar Jackson,  AHP with Sony Michel/Isaiah Mckenzie and others, etc etc.   

Check out 2013 University School's Roster.  This is not counting younger freshman like Marco Wilson (Florida), or Nik Bonitto (Oklahoma).   Most of these kids later transferred to STA or AHP once University had issues with their FB program and coach left.   Also a bunch of others went Ivy league or D2.    I remember Pops saying University School was a garbage opponent because Calpreps said so.    It really wasn't that unusual for the good teams down here to have 10+ D1 players.   

Jorden Scarlett RB   Florida

Quincy Wilson  CB   Florida  (Colts)

Richard Yeargin  DE/OLB   Clemson

Brian Burns DE  FSU  

Sean White QB  Auburn

Rashad Causey DB  UCF

Sam Bruce  WR   UM

Brandon Boyce  DL   Duke

Emmanuel Soto WR  Air Force 

Lajuan Hunt  RB   Utah St

Brandon Russell  LB   Rutgers

Chris Taylor   WR    Duke

That's too much work for me.

If you say that it wasn't uncommon 5 years ago for FL teams to have 10+ D1 prospects on the field, I'll take your word for it.

I guess the new "super teams" out west aren't super after all. They're just catching up to FL.