Walmart says it will raise age restriction to 21 for gun purchases, remove items resembling assault-style rifles from website

RedZone

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/28/walmart-says-it-will-raise-age-restriction-to-21-for-gun-purchases-remove-assault-style-weapons-from-website.html

Walmart announced Wednesday that it is raising its age restriction to 21 for firearm and ammunition purchases.

The company said in its statement that it made the decision in light of recent events and will try to implement this change "as quickly as possible."

Walmart also pointed out that in 2015 it ended sales of certain sporting rifles like the AR-15. The company also said it doesn't sell accessories like bump stocks or high-capacity magazines.

It also said it is removing items resembling assault-style rifles like toys from its website.

46 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Occasionally I’m known to make that error, stepping foot in Walmart. 

Guilty as charged. 

ouch..thankfully they are not that close by me that I don't usually fall victim...

oh but those times up north when they were the closest to work anyways wellll..man..just brutal ...:$

i feel your pain :( 

Wal Mart with Scan and Go is the best shit ever. 

No lines. Bag as you shop. Go to self checkout, fire the scanner at the screen, pay by feeding money into the machine and see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya to all the dummies standing in line at the six manned registers. 

Changed the way I feel about shopping at WalMart for sure. 

Now they're stepping up and doing the right thing on the age limit thing and more. 

They're in danger of becoming a good corporate citizen. All they have left to do is lift their employees out of the welfare ranks and they might be on the good list.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No lines. Bag as you shop. Go to self checkout, fire the scanner at the screen, pay by feeding money into the machine and see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya to all the dummies standing in line at the six manned registers. 

Now they're stepping up and doing the right thing on the age limit thing and more. 

They're in danger of becoming a good corporate citizen. All they have left to do is lift their employees out of the welfare ranks and they might be on the good list.

You may be one of them 'target markets' that get the 'latest and greatest'..... I might run with anything if they got the service right...

Me +  Secaucus NJ WM +  lunch break + tryin to get things done +....well + 2 Tylenol and you still = nightmares xD   

If you have not seen it......well.......you just don't know.....

• Haha 1

Trump gonna take your guns away, without due process.  He just hates the Second Amendment.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-gun-control_us_5a97112ae4b09c872bb0d969

And he wants to reverse his stand on allowing it to be easier for the mentally ill to get guns.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second_us_5a9731c9e4b0a8fdf128592e

14 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Trump gonna take your guns away, without due process.  He just hates the Second Amendment.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-gun-control_us_5a97112ae4b09c872bb0d969

And he wants to reverse his stand on allowing it to be easier for the mentally ill to get guns.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second_us_5a9731c9e4b0a8fdf128592e

The guy is definitely a trip. 

He's playing this up, because it's a political win win for him. He knows that congress is a do nothing congress, so he can say this shit, get the points for it from easily fooled folk, then send Huckleberry Slanders out there to say he didn't really mean it like you are hearing it. 

At least he isn't proving afraid of the NRA like a laundry list of congressmen and senators. 

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Last resort, in and out...

Fishing gear, shot shells etc when I'm out of town...

Groceries for camp site if that's what I'm doing...

Weekly stuff, if I'm doing it... nope!