The Other Side of the Debate Well Said...

concha

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

The media wants people to think all young people are thugs and disrespectful pricks but its bullshit 

They never show all the good that young people do,  they only show the morons because that's what the media wants to convince everyone that the future is bleak

I also agree that most of the young people are GOOD people. Way more good people, young or old, than bad, in my opinion.

I also know that violence sells, and it will keep selling as long as we let it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I also agree that most of the young people are GOOD people. Way more good people, young or old, than bad, in my opinion.

If we would just boycott the media and cause their ratings to plummet then they would be forced to change how they broadcast 

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

agree

and IMHO, the younger the larger the group of "good kids" vs "bad."

Kids today I find much more responsible. I think it has a lot to do do with not being tossed to the world when they hit 18.  There is a lot of good in staying with family in your early adult years. Way more than negative. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If we would just boycott the media and cause their ratings to plummet then they would be forced to change how they broadcast 

I have been hoping for a news cast that is straight reporting. I honestly think there would be a large market for uncolored news. (or am I that different) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

agree

and IMHO, the younger the larger the group of "good kids" vs "bad."

Kids today I find much more responsible. I think it has a lot to do do with not being tossed to the world when they hit 18.  There is a lot of good in staying with family in your early adult years. Way more than negative. 

We enjoy doing things with our kids, and their friends. Banff Film Festival last weekend, microbreweries and eats next weekend, Hamilton in 2 weeks. We all laugh. I see a bunch of bright, funny, hard-working, happy young people. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I have been hoping for a news cast that is straight reporting. I honestly think there would be a large market for uncolored news. (or am I that different) 

At this point it would be desired but would it last financially When the television stations broadcasting it have a preference of one side or the other 

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

We enjoy doing things with our kids, and their friends. Banff Film Festival last weekend, microbreweries and eats next weekend, Hamilton in 2 weeks. We all laugh. I see a bunch of bright, funny, hard-working, happy young people. 

See This what I'm talking about 

There is more good than bad but the media refusal to cover any good has given this false impression that the younger generation is all entitled brats which is simply not true 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

At this point it would be desired but would it last financially When the television stations broadcasting it have a preference of one side or the other 

I envision a station set up as Fox News was, with an agenda. Just in place of a republican propaganda agenda make it a no agenda philosophy. 

Thinking this through as I type I realize it would never do well as people want to hear what it is they believe not think for themselves. (of course they don't know this about themselves) 

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Some parents feel pressure from peers to push their kids out at 18. I feel the opposite, nurture your children as long as they need it. I had a brother that lived with my parents until they both passed. It's not looked down on in other countries like it is in some areas of the US.

That's another problem 

Adults thinking they know how to raise someone else's kid 

What works for one isn't guaranteed to work for another 

I live at home while going to college and the fact is i won't be in debt when i graduate, some have to use first years of job to pay off debt, I'll be able to have head start by doing so and i won't be entering my life in debt

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Some parents feel pressure from peers to push their kids out at 18. I feel the opposite, nurture your children as long as they need it. I had a brother that lived with my parents until they both passed. It's not looked down on in other countries like it is in some areas of the US.

Every study has shown that living as a family is beneficial to all. Best is having grandma and grandpa in the house with the toddlers. # generations. (Hope my kids are reading this! :P)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Adults thinking they know how to raise someone else's kid 

people mistake how they were raised as the "right way." 

We do this in all avenues of life BTW, not just child raising. 

Raising a kid is the most important thing a person will do in this life and 9/10 have no clue what they are doing and have never thought the process through. 

Why parenting is not taught in school but a foreign language is, I'll never understand. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I think people with centrist views have no where to go so they must choose wig nut or left loon. So it's not that they are not out there, it's that they have no voice. I could never support the Schumer's or Cumo's or Sanders but I can't support the Ryan's or Corker's either.

I did not leave the GOP, it left me as it did so many. I see Michael Steele or Steve Schmidt on TV all the time. These are republicans through and through and they are like me, no longer wanted in a radical party. 

I started out the opposite of you, I was a libertarian out of college. As I grew and understood how real life worked I become more and more centrist, socially liberal. 

I am not sure how any Christian cannot be a social liberal. 

Exactly what is "radical" about the GOP?

Queue duck and dodge...

8 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I envision a station set up as Fox News was, with an agenda. Just in place of a republican propaganda agenda make it a no agenda philosophy. 

Thinking this through as I type I realize it would never do well as people want to hear what it is they believe not think for themselves. (of course they don't know this about themselves) 

Well i think people would like it for a time but eventually without one of the parties backing the station it would unfortunately probably go bankrupt unless someone wants to financially support it while taking a loss on it 

The local newspaper is something people should try protecting better because they are generally the most neutral media sources you will find

I have a sports busniess but i have 0 intention on letting political opinions be involved in it, so much so i have actually blocked many politicians just so i have it 100% politically neutral 

If only all news people would take a similar approach 😂 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

people mistake how they were raised as the "right way." 

We do this in all avenues of life BTW, not just child raising. 

Raising a kid is the most important thing a person will do in this life and 9/10 have no clue what they are doing and have never thought the process through. 

Why parenting is not taught in school but a foreign language is, I'll never understand. 

I think that has a lot to do with corporations who are moving companies to cheaper tax rate countries and places like China where they can get someone working for a buck a hour and no working unions for a bigger profit and want people to work as operators so they can work across the world and get 24 hours of business money instead of 12-16 hours

If you think about it there are immigrants taking jobs that people in america refuse to work for below minimum wage 

Companies like illegal immigrants because it's cheaper and they can work them longer,  yet no one critize the company :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Whatever, nooner.

You can't answer the question. You run around the site babbling and can't back up your schtick.

Got it.

Can't answer the question????????????????

I refuse to waste time on your ridiculous assertions. I never have and never will.

If you ever evolve a thought, I'll be glad to discuss it with you. (correct you) 

You seem to think knowledge is evolved from others than published on the internet. Why not think for yourself?

Just now, noonereal said:

Can't answer the question????????????????

I refuse to waste time on your ridiculous assertions. I never have and never will.

If you ever evolve a thought, I'll be glad to discuss it with you. (correct you) 

You seem to think knowledge is evolved from others than published on the internet. Why not think for yourself?

You can't answer.

And please stop embarrassing yourself with this "I'm an evolved thinker" routine.  It's ridiculous.

Queue nooner faux outrage (and continued dodging).