The Other Side of the Debate Well Said...

concha

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

OMG, one minutes in and it's clear he is gonna do straight fiction.

What I don't understand is how good americans like yourself and @GardenStateBaller get so attached to this kind of rhetoric that you start to believe it. And then become part of the problem. 

Annnnndddd... nooner provides nothing of substance (as per usual) to back up this "critique" of his.

Useless.

22 minutes ago, concha said:

Pretty hilarious how certain folks get their panties in a twist that this guy's service is even mentioned, while they studiously avoid reaction to his thoughtful and powerful speech. xD

My reaction to the speech is that it was almost carbon copy talking points of what we've already heard regarding his "side of the aisle." You, drummer, HSFBfan, rabid...all of you have used this stuff over and over again. Doesn't mean it proves any points, though.

He discounts gun control because:

• So many killings in gun-free zones
  • Shooters are from broken homes
  • Cities with tough gun laws have lots of killings
  • We should feel comfortable arming teachers (because so many of whom are ex-military, etc.?)

The only thought I hadn't heard is when he talked about some 538 Think Tank, which he said was comprised of analysts, and "several" suggested gun control might not work.

He used figures which are entirely guessed at concerning how many crimes do not happen because people might be carrying weapons (million, did he say?).

He also guessed that the Left will not stop demanding gun control changes until ultimately all guns are made illegal. He is guessing.

I did not consider this an earth-shattering speech. As a matter of fact, it did not sound original at all, even if he is a veteran.

Need I provide some background on myself to make my opinion more valid? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

My reaction to the speech is that it was almost carbon copy talking points of what we've already heard regarding his "side of the aisle." You, drummer, HSFBfan, rabid...all of you have used this stuff over and over again. Doesn't mean it proves any points, though.

He discounts gun control because:

• So many killings in gun-free zones
  • Shooters are from broken homes
  • Cities with tough gun laws have lots of killings
  • We should feel comfortable arming teachers (because so many of whom are ex-military, etc.?)

The only thought I hadn't heard is when he talked about some 538 Think Tank, which he said was comprised of analysts, and "several" suggested gun control might not work.

He used figures which are entirely guessed at concerning how many crimes do not happen because people might be carrying weapons (million, did he say?).

I did not consider this an earth-shattering speech. As a matter of fact, it did not sound original at all, even if he is a veteran.

Need I provide some background on myself to make my opinion more valid? 

Actually, he asked for honest debate.

The left tends to skip over discussion about mental health issues, proper enforcement [both of which were at the core of the latest shooting], the impact of leftist cultural change over the last several decades including the growth of the single-mother home, and analysis of the usefulness of so-called "gun free" zones, choosing typically go jump straight for the banning of weapons and the aggressive demonization of anyone not falling in lock step.

Feel free to provide some background about yourself. I promise not to whine like a bitch about it.

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Actually, he asked for honest debate.

The left tends to skip over discussion about mental health issues, proper enforcement [both of which were at the core of the latest shooting], the impact of leftist cultural change over the last several decades including the growth of the single-mother home, and analysis of the usefulness of so-called "gun free" zones, choosing typically go jump straight for the banning of weapons and the aggressive demonization of anyone not falling in lock step.

Feel free to provide some background about yourself. I promise not to whine like a bitch about it.

It's interesting to hear you say the Left just wants to jump straight to banning weapons. What I've seen is the Left want something, anything, to get going regarding preventing these shootings. Gun control discussions would be part of that. And the Right responds with, Fuck You. Change the 2nd Amendment. Try to Take My Gun!  But if you are certain that all the Left wants is to abolish all guns, then that is where you stand. I understand that.

I don't understand why you felt the elected official's speech would be more persuasive if you provided his background. And by questioning you about it, you claim I whined like a bitch. I disagree.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

It's interesting to hear you say the Left just wants to jump straight to banning weapons. What I've seen is the Left want something, anything, to get going regarding preventing these shootings. Gun control discussions would be part of that. And the Right responds with, Fuck You. Change the 2nd Amendment. Try to Take My Gun!  But if you are certain that all the Left wants is to abolish all guns, then that is where you stand. I understand that.

I don't understand why you felt the elected official's speech would be more persuasive if you provided his background. And by questioning you about it, you claim I whined like a bitch. I disagree.

I fail to see your minor obsession with me mentioning the guy is a vet.

I had never heard of the guy and thought a little background might be nice.  He spent most of his adult life in the military. And it doesn't hurt that the guy knows something about guns, which is something many leftist gun control advocates cannot claim.

9 minutes ago, concha said:

I fail to see your minor obsession with me mentioning the guy is a vet.

I had never heard of the guy and thought a little background might be nice.  He spent most of his adult life in the military. And it doesn't hurt that the guy knows something about guns, which is something many leftist gun control advocates cannot claim.

Well, hell, you should have said so in the first place.

Having "spent most of his adult life in the military. And it doesn't hurt that the guy knows something about guns", I now see why his opinion on the mental health industry, the effects of single-mother homes, and the usefulness of gun-free zones is considered to be so qualified by you.

Abortion is another thing he talked about. I can imagine the abortion debates he and the other candidates had while spending 72 hours underneath mud and water and leaves and muck in their attempt to gain the Green Beret title.

Now, honestly. Why did you include his background, which obviously had nothing to do with how valid his opinion is or not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Well, hell, you should have said so in the first place.

Having "spent most of his adult life in the military. And it doesn't hurt that the guy knows something about guns", I now see why his opinion on the mental health industry, the effects of single-mother homes, and the usefulness of gun-free zones is considered to be so qualified by you.

Abortion is another thing he talked about. I can imagine the abortion debates he and the other candidates had while spending 72 hours underneath mud and water and leaves and muck in their attempt to gain the Green Beret title.

Now, honestly. Why did you include his background, which obviously had nothing to do with how valid his opinion is or not?

It shouldn't hurt that the guy knows something about guns.

And I made no claims as to qualifications elsewhere, though the areas he brought up for discussion should be common sense.

I wish you could see what an embarrassing display you are making about a simple bit of background provided about the guy.

Why address the actual strong speech when you can yell "Squirrel!  Conch mentioned something about what the guy did for the bulk of his adult life!"

I have already told you honestly why I included a bit about his background:  As a state-level politician in Virginia, I had never heard of him and imagined most if not all the folks on this site had not either. Believe it. Don't. Zero shits given other than the courtesy of replying to your little rage monkey episode. Rage on...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, concha said:

I happen to respect if someone has honorably served and put their life on the line.

It's simply not relevant. 

You are trying to add weight to his wing nut position and  Neanderthal temperament by referencing his past and suggesting that those that see your ploy and call you out do not respect those who serve.

It's wholly dishonest on your part. 

11 hours ago, thc6795 said:

But but nor is a centrist.... My ass. 

Sadly, I am much less a centrist than I was 6 months ago or a year ago. 

I think many true republicans of the last century have been driven to the left by the extreme that has swallowed a formerly reasonable party. 

Bush Sr was the last reasoned republican. To my mind, the best president in my lifetime. Today he's considered a liberal. 

Not good. Not good at all. 

11 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

i just answered it for him since he is so dishonest. 

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You are trying to add weight to his wing nut position and  Neanderthal temperament by referencing his past and suggesting that those that see your ploy and call you out do not respect those who serve.

13 hours ago, concha said:

Forgive me providing a bit of background.  

But great job inventing a position I never took about the guy.  Well done. 9_9

why not think for yourself? you seem to believe that unless someone else has published something on the net it holds no value.

Society would never have advanced to where it is today if all were like you.

It is people such as myself that you should be paying attention to.

Instead of understanding my reasoning you look for documentation. Because you never evolve thoughts of your own.

It's not good or bad, it's not right nor wrong. It's just leaves you less than you could be. 

Yes, I get part of it is a tact to "win" an argument but I am more about sharing thoughts and ideas. I find no joy in documenting what I have learned. If documentation is so important to you, look up any post I post as fact. It might open your eye. I don't claim fact  unless it is. 

You may challenge my opinions, if you do not like my facts, look them up.

BTW, I can teach you why you don't believe my facts when it's not what you want to believe. but of course, you don't want to learn. You want to defend the tribe you have chosen.

What me to explain why to you? 

26 minutes ago, noonereal said:

It's simply not relevant. 

It's wholly dishonest on your part. 

It would be great if this had an ounce of truth to it, but as per usual, it doesn't.

Do you try to be this pathetic? It has to require effort.

5 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

You missed it in prior post......" Liberalism is a mental Disorder"....it gives a plethora of examples throughout the book to make the point.....by,of course, Michael Savage aka Michael Allen Weiner.....

Drummer!!!!!

You are too many.

Have a good day, brother. 

dis3.gif