148 days till Dooms Day for Georgia

35 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

If ignorance were bliss, you would be inside the pearly gates.

It’s not ignorance, because I have seen those articles many times before, I’ve only been on these forums for a cool minute, but I’ve been in high school football wayyyy longer than that 😂 The irony of your statement though 👀

10 hours ago, Abel_559 said:

Ca still has more old folks so yea... and it’s irrelevant anyways since Participation is the real mesuring stick.

Of all the states in the United States, Florida has the highest percentage of senior citizens, followed closely by Maine, West Virginia, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Montana, Delaware, Hawaii, Oregon and Arizona. However, as far as the absolute statistics are concerned, California still holds the record as having the largest actual number of elderly persons.

A higher density of old folks. And as proven with an endless supply of evidence, talent density in Florida and Georgia is deeper.

Just now, JCGIII said:

Of all the states in the United States, Florida has the highest percentage of senior citizens, followed closely by Maine, West Virginia, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Montana, Delaware, Hawaii, Oregon and Arizona. However, as far as the absolute statistics are concerned, California still holds the record as having the largest actual number of elderly persons.

A higher density of old folks. And as proven with an endless supply of evidence, talent density in Florida and Georgia is deeper.

I used old folks as a reason to why we have an inflated pop, but it’s still irrelavent Because It’s about the actual number on guys out there in the field. 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

I have been around football longer than you have been alive. 

FIN

How old are you then? You must be a dinosaur. Just because you were a live doesn’t mean you know what you are talking about 😂 did you play in your days? Did you wear the leather helmet?

Just now, Abel_559 said:

Haha Lmao Your ignorance of California football is amazing, and football in general so I would suggest that for you. 

Problem is, and the evidence points clearly, to a consolidation at the top of a small number of elite programs, who are among the nations best. But what happened to public school play? CC has supplanted Poly, MV, as the public school of reknown. Some of us who lived in the state off and on over a long period of time wonder what happenned to the Carsons, Bannings, Ike, and other once monster programs? Where are the players going, and why? 

1 minute ago, JCGIII said:

Problem is, and the evidence points clearly, to a consolidation at the top of a small number of elite programs, who are among the nations best. But what happened to public school play? CC has supplanted Poly, MV, as the public school of reknown. Some of us who lived in the state off and on over a long period of time wonder what happenned to the Carsons, Bannings, Ike, and other once monster programs? Where are the players going, and why? 

Their plenty of good pubs in California it’s just that the privates get all the buzz that the pubs are in their shadow. players are going to privates now. There are benifits to going to a private school, such as better facilities, better school life in general, and the coaching is superior. I might also have to do with youth football, kids want to go play with their former teammates, so they link up at their local private. 

8 hours ago, Fred said:

Little gate revenue and it sounds like little support.  Anyway, to answer your question football revenue (and to a certain extent some basketball revenue if the team is winning consistently) support the other sports.  Grayson for example fields 17 teams in various sports, at least I think it is 17.

Im wondering if someone will "enlighten" the great unwashed, how  non revenue generating sports are funded? 

2 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

Their plenty of good pubs in California it’s just that the privates get all the buzz that the pubs are in their shadow. players are going to privates now. There are benifits to going to a private school, such as better facilities, better school life in general, and the coaching is superior. I might also have to do with youth football, kids want to go play with their former teammates, so they link up at their local private. 

And until the mid 90's the public schools in the Southland were holding their own with the parochials. What happenned? Blame it on DLS. Everyone else does.

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

That is where the break comes. In Georgia and many other states, the public's are the top dogs. 

Places Cali and Jersey are run by privates. 

Big difference in platforms.

If they wanted to every other state could do the same as us, but does it really matter? That’s just how it went down here.

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

My children. My senior year, we had 2 computers at school.

One for the office and one for the students, all of us.

Hell, we did not have copiers.

We had what was called a mimeograph machine.

Got high on the smell of the fluid. 

That must have been rough. 

2 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

I don’t blame dls, football changes, and the game evolved like that over here. 

The private schools in the concluded that in order to be competitive with DLS, the solution was to whore out their programs and stack a pair and a spare throughout the roster. And this came t the expense of the once vaunted public schools.

2 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

The private schools in the concluded that in order to be competitive with DLS, the solution was to whore out their programs and stack a pair and a spare throughout the roster. And this came t the expense of the once vaunted public schools.

The schools didn’t do anything.The players themselves were the ones who made up the super teams, it’s their choice. 

12 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

If they wanted to every other state could do the same as us, but does it really matter? That’s just how it went down here.

I know the  Georgia or Florida's public schools ( Dade County was removed from DoJ supervision in 94') who draw from boundries set forth by the Dept of Justice can go there yet. And the private schools who would like to, are moving in that direction. STA did. Now AHP, Chaminade, and in Georgia, the damn is about to bust and it will be a free for all with regards to player acquisition. 

5 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

I know the  Georgia or Florida's public schools ( Dade County was removed from DoJ supervision in 94') who draw from boundries set forth by the Dept of Justice can go there yet. And the private schools who would like to, are moving in that direction. STA did. Now AHP, Chaminade, and in Georgia, the damn is about to bust and it will be a free for all with regards to player acquisition. 

Its a new game. It’ll be ok