148 days till Dooms Day for Georgia

11 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

Colquitt ain’t no National power, were you even paying attention??? And Ain’t no recruiting going on here son it’s against CIF rules. 

Except they are about as nationally relevant as it gets...

They won a MNC (HSFBA & PrepForce) as recently as 2015.

Colquitt has been to atleast the GA large class Semifinals 8 of the last 9 years, and the 1 time they didnt was the Quarterfinals in 2016. ALL 9 of those seasons they either won the State Championship or lost to the eventual State Champ. 

They do lose some regular season games they shouldnt sometimes. But there isnt a team in America any better at clicking/peaking for the playoffs. 

2009: 11-3 ... Lost 19-10 in Semifinals vs. eventual State Champ and USAToday #8 Camden Co.

2010: 9-6 ... Lost 52-38 in State Championship vs. Brookwood... They started 0-3 and lost 5 regular season games total... But in true Colquitt fashion, they turned it on in the playoffs

2011: 11-3 ... Lost in the Semifinals 35-31 to eventual State Champ & USAToday #4 Grayson

2012: 10-4 ... Lost in Semifinals 41-27 to eventual State Champ & RivalsHigh #5 Norcross...

2013: 11-3 ... Lost in Semifinals 14-9 to eventual State Champ Norcross

2014: 15-0 ... Won State Championship 28-24 over Archer...

2015: 15-0 ... Won State Championship 30-13 over Roswell... Won 2 polls MNC

2016: 8-5 ... Lost in Quarterfinals 49-21 to eventual State Champ & National #3 Grayson

2017: 11-4 ... Lost in State Championship 19-17 to North Gwinnett ... 

Im not sure what constitutes National power in your eyes... But they can give any team a game any week of any year.

14 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

Smh I’m talking about Ca as a whole. He’s counting an area as a whole state. Smh that’s that southern education for you 😂

NorCal and SoCal do not play each other THAT much during the season... They can be counted as 2 seperate areas... Nobody on here talks about CA as a whole... They either reference NorCal or SoCal... 

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Except they are about as nationally relevant as it gets...

They won a MNC (HSFBA & PrepForce) as recently as 2015.

Colquitt has been to atleast the GA large class Semifinals 8 of the last 9 years, and the 1 time they didnt was the Quarterfinals in 2016. ALL 9 of those seasons they either won the State Championship or lost to the eventual State Champ. 

They do lose some regular season games they shouldnt sometimes. But there isnt a team in America any better at clicking/peaking for the playoffs. 

2009: 11-3 ... Lost 19-10 in Semifinals vs. eventual State Champ and USAToday #8 Camden Co.

2010: 9-6 ... Lost 52-38 in State Championship vs. Brookwood... They started 0-3 and lost 5 regular season games total... But in true Colquitt fashion, they turned it on in the playoffs

2011: 11-3 ... Lost in the Semifinals 35-31 to eventual State Champ & USAToday #4 Grayson

2012: 10-4 ... Lost in Semifinals 41-27 to eventual State Champ & RivalsHigh #5 Norcross...

2013: 11-3 ... Lost in Semifinals 14-9 to eventual State Champ Norcross

2014: 15-0 ... Won State Championship 28-24 over Archer...

2015: 15-0 ... Won State Championship 30-13 over Roswell... Won 2 polls MNC

2016: 8-5 ... Lost in Quarterfinals 49-21 to eventual State Champ & National #3 Grayson

2017: 11-4 ... Lost in State Championship 19-17 to North Gwinnett ... 

Im not sure what constitutes National power in your eyes... But they can give any team a game any week of any year.

They are indeed a Georgia power, but to be a national power you have to be consistently top 25 in the nation, and play oos games or travel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

NorCal and SoCal do not play each other THAT much during the season... They can be counted as 2 seperate areas... Nobody on here talks about CA as a whole... They either reference NorCal or SoCal... 

Why would they need to play each other every week? It doesn’t make sense to schedule a ton of games like that. When I refer to California I mean the whole state, I’ll clarify if I’m talking about Northern California and southern, and white that logic I’m from central California then 😂

12 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

They separate themselves you dumb ass.

That is the way they identify themselves, that is the way they are talked about. 

They had 13  champions last year.

Quit crying you baby, lmao the truth hurts 🤷🏽‍♂️ You can Break up the regions, but it still California you goof.

1 minute ago, Abel_559 said:

Quit crying you baby, lmao the truth hurts 🤷🏽‍♂️ You can Break up the regions, but it still California you goof.

Im guessing you are a NorCal guy.... Cause nobody from SoCal wants to be associated with NorCal.

Everybody on this forums breaks up the state into NorCal and SoCal when talking football... Mainly so we know if someone if talking about the crappy part of the state, or the good part.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Im guessing you are a NorCal guy.... Cause nobody from SoCal wants to be associated with NorCal.

Everybody on this forums breaks up the state into NorCal and SoCal when talking football... Mainly so we know if someone if talking about the crappy part of the state, or the good part.

I’m from Central California 😂 and I like to be as consistent as possible. We can break the state up into regions, but it’s idiotic to compare a region to a state.

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

The simple notion that the team are picked and placed rather than falling into place due to their performance on the field. Let the play determine the seed. 

That exactly what happens the only thing that is picked is the teams that get to play for the open the rest is not 😂 Bruh don’t speak on Cali if you don’t know💀 

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

One issue is that Cali has 2,000 schools.

Hard to run it by decree. 

On field play should be the only way to get in the playoff's. 

That’s how its already ran 😂 you do good regular season you get a good seed in your sectional playoffs you win your sectional playoffs you get a good seed in State it’s simple 😂

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I've already been on a tangent about how CA playoffs work... 

Do the math on what % of CA teams make the playoffs with winning records and compare that to Georgia.  In your highest class alone, 7/32 teams had winning percentages of 0.500 or less.  Your first round amounts to a practice session for half the teams.  It’s a shameless money grab and that is simply not debatable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Do the math on what % of CA teams make the playoffs with winning records and compare that to Georgia.  In your highest class alone, 7/32 teams had winning percentages of 0.500 or less.  Your first round amounts to a practice session for half the teams.  It’s a shameless money grab and that is simply not debatable.

I never said our playoff system was flawless. 

But I have a hard time believing that 6-4 OLU with no league wins is deserving of a playoff spot. 

Out here you gotta have league wins to qualify. 

OLU had none and got rewarded for failure. 

Believe me I'm not happy with half the teams out here simply getting in either. 

But I'll say it some of  our leagues are either average or garbage.  

10 hours ago, On2whls said:

Some truth to that, by adding another classification, it watered it down... looking ahead to grow into these classifications.

A bit of explosive growth in Georgia.

To say it's a shameless money grab....

giphy (3).gif