148 days till Dooms Day for Georgia

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Not long ago, within the last month or so... it boiled down to per capita athletes to state population.

You know how it gets, every theory is scrutinized.

The things we have to amuse ourselves with during the 8 month "Winter" without football.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

The GISA has about 160 schools and the GHSA has about 450 schools.

GISA schools sometimes make the jump and join the GHSA.

Never the opposite.

St Pius is now the largest private school in the state,1060, 9-12 , coed. In 2005, Marist was the largest, with 782, 9-12, and coed.

4 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

We don't want to be any other way. We are fine with the way it is done here. 

Personally, I'm in the open enrollment crowd. A kid should be allowed to go to whichever school suits his or her needs. At least within individual counties with multiple schools whose focus are not congruent.

1 hour ago, Abel_559 said:

I was looking and some of the boundaries and they are huge, and Just because they are public Does not mean they don’t have talent for example Grasyon has An Amazing 2019 Class.

Found this. Notice at the bottom right the scale. It's ridiculous. Some of the high schools are only a few miles from each other.

Added Cobb County. Harrison and Hillgrove were all zoned to McEachearn 20 years ago. If this were Dallas, McEachearn would be Allen, Plano, or East Plano, with 5000-6000 students.

https://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/wcm/connect/21573172-9694-4336-ab82-1f6c6c717767/GCPS_Location_Map_2017_18.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

http://www.cobbk12.org/centraloffice/planning/2017_AttendanceZones_Master_HighSchools.pdf

11 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Found this. Notice at the bottom right the scale. It's ridiculous. Some of the high schools are only a few miles from each other.

Added Cobb County. Harrison and Hillgrove were all zoned to McEachearn 20 years ago. If this were Dallas, McEachearn would be Allen, Plano, or East Plano, with 5000-6000 students.

https://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/wcm/connect/21573172-9694-4336-ab82-1f6c6c717767/GCPS_Location_Map_2017_18.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

http://www.cobbk12.org/centraloffice/planning/2017_AttendanceZones_Master_HighSchools.pdf

Scary how close they are to each other, and true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JCGIII said:

The GHSA is a monster. CIF is less dictatorial. Allowing the various sections some degree of automomy. My wish  would be for the GHSA to be abolished, or broken down into 3, maybe 4 different entities.

The funny thing is GHSA *is* the schools.  If the schools want something changed bad enough they can do it.  Every school elects regional representatives and they make up the governing board.  This is not a governmental organization forced upon us by the state government.  It is us.

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

I am in the Grayson cluster and am 6.5 road miles from the high school (3,007 students).  I am 2.6 miles from South Gwinnett (2,623), 4 miles from Brookwood (3,564),  8 miles from Archer (2,698), 8 miles from Shiloh (2,398), 10 miles from Parkview (3,024), 7 miles from Central Gwinnett (2,169), 9 miles from Discovery (2,684), 9 miles from Berkmar 2,952).  So within a 10 road mile distance I am close to 9 top classification high schools representing 23,219 high school students.  There are a lot of people relatively close and the thing is the county still has lots of room to grow population wise.

13 minutes ago, Fred said:

I am in the Grayson cluster and am 6.5 road miles from the high school (3,007 students).  I am 2.6 miles from South Gwinnett (2,623), 4 miles from Brookwood (3,564),  8 miles from Archer (2,698), 8 miles from Shiloh (2,398), 10 miles from Parkview (3,024), 7 miles from Central Gwinnett (2,169), 9 miles from Discovery (2,684), 9 miles from Berkmar 2,952).  So within a 10 road mile distance I am close to 9 top classification high schools representing 23,219 high school students.  There are a lot of people relatively close and the thing is the county still has lots of room to grow population wise.

You can't afford to move? 

21 hours ago, Abel_559 said:

1st of all 3000+ miles effects the player, they have little to no support there, and are in a whole other environment, and 2nd of all Vista Murrieta went 4-7 And was ranked  43 (I’ll give you that) They played your state runner up 26-7 

Your girls barely have support when playing at home, so what's your point?

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Yes they do.This is the elephant 🐘 in the room when you try to claim GA underrated at CP.Every state would be underrated if they excluded all their crap teams 

You are still too far behind... Idk how many times I have to tell you how that works.

And no not at all... I do all states without their crappy independent/prep/wittle non-state associates religious or home/blind schools.