148 days till Dooms Day for Georgia

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

Only if the schools have room and the powers that be will make sure they are in control of that. They may open the door but there will be a chain on it. 

Suppose Bergen Catholic wacks Grayson into frost cuckoo land. And SJC rips Marietta. The GHSA will turn a blind eye. No chain, no limits.

13 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

That’s from a small sample size 13-16 but either way that doesn’t necessarily mean their better, look at states like Utah, Nevada, Arkansas. You think they are better than Ca and Tx? 

They produce more quality players relative to their population. Doesn't mean they mold better teams. Small sample size? What states were omitted?

3 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

That was in response of him saying the player make the choice. 

My bad. I was responding to him but quoted you. 

All good. Rollinson didn't want to go down that road, but Negron pushed too hard. Mater Dei   decided to play along and last year "The Stasch" put Negron in his pugh. 

8 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Maybe you can come out and visit during football season. We'll take in the best game in the state Friday night, and Saturday I'll take you to a Georgia game. Then you can form an objective opinion.

Sounds cool, and you could do the same For Ca and I’m not knocking Ga football at all. They play some good ball down there, I was just defending Ca.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

There must be more athlete than that among all those kid. Only enough to make a few teams look good in a state with over 2,000 chools.

GHSA would tell them not to schedule that game if they want to change the outcome. Win it or don't schedule it.  

California Has the best Athletes, The reason number aren’t There is because kids do just about every sport. There isn’t one sport we are not good at.

Is the GHSA really like that? 😂

9 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

Sounds cool, and you could do the same For Ca and I’m not knocking Ga football at all. They play some good ball down there, I was just defending Ca.

And you should be proud, while not forgetting the diminishing  of the once vaunted depth of the public school programs in the Golden state.

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

It's the same everywhere. Indiana would be an anomoly. Basketball is the main revenue stream for funding most schools athletic programs. 

This may be true, but it's amazing how the best programs in america are still limited when it comes to the revenue. That's why I feel like GA and Texas state powers has a lot of leverage over most oos powers. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

California Has the best Athletes, The reason number aren’t There is because kids do just about every sport. There isn’t one sport we are not good at.

Is the GHSA really like that? 😂

The GHSA is a monster. CIF is less dictatorial. Allowing the various sections some degree of automomy. My wish  would be for the GHSA to be abolished, or broken down into 3, maybe 4 different entities.

California has more athletes, and is( legally)  able to concentrate them into more  focused areas or teams.

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

This may be true, but it's amazing how the best programs in america are still limited when it comes to the revenue. That's why I feel like GA and Texas state powers has a lot of leverage over most oos powers. 

Like Allen, Tx is going to give up a home game, 16,500 x $10 per head for ......how much?

29 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

Texas and Georgia, along with Florida, excluding Dade county play essentially neighborhood/  distinctly defined boundries, or zones if you wish. No, I do not, and have never stated that we would topple the AAU teams of the Trinity League.  But the public schools are a different matter. Talent is more equatably distributed.

22 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Wasn't this thread about a NJ vs GA game?  I already forgot the teams that are playing.  Can somebody help a vato out?

With Rabies undergoing the mandatory 21 gut shots, we were able to keep racists rants and vulgar reparte' out of the thread. One bad apple will spoil the bunch. Just good clean quarrelling. No ones Mother was insulted, or death threats issued.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

With Rabies undergoing the mandatory 21 gut shots, we were able to keep racists rants and vulgar reparte' out of the thread. One bad apple will spoil the bunch. Just good clean quarrelling. No ones Mother was insulted, or death threats issued.

Haha great stuff brother. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JCGIII said:

The GHSA is a monster. CIF is less dictatorial. Allowing the various sections some degree of automomy. My wish  would be for the GHSA to be abolished, or broken down into 3, maybe 4 different entities.

California has more athletes, and is( legally)  able to concentrate them into more  focused areas or teams.

Does the GHSA govern privates?

2 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Texas and Georgia, along with Florida, excluding Dade county play essentially neighborhood/  distinctly defined boundries, or zones if you wish. No, I do not, and have never stated that we would topple the AAU teams of the Trinity League.  But the public schools are a different matter. Talent is more equatably distributed.

I was looking and some of the boundaries and they are huge, and Just because they are public Does not mean they don’t have talent for example Grasyon has An Amazing 2019 Class.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

I was looking and some of the boundaries and they are huge, and Just because they are public Does not mean they don’t have talent for example Grasyon has An Amazing 2019 Class.

Florida sure does. Gwinnett though has 21 public high schools. And most  are pretty close to each other. County is only 430 square miles. I was referring to zoning boudries for the individual schools. Unfortunately, some split neighborhoods. Georgia has 159 counties. 100 too many imo.

• Like 1