Freedom Bowl (GA) Matchups

ECHS05

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I wouldn't count oxbridge out quite yet

Most expected Chaminade as a 3a lock and oxbridge could have won that game 

Nah Oxbridge is gonna get worse after graduating this senior heavy group and de-emphasizing football. 

Meanwhile Chaminade is loading up by the day. They will be head and shoulders 3 touchdowns better than the 2nd best team in 3A. 

Oxbridge, Tampa Catholic, CCC, Mel CC etc. all of them won't sniff Chaminade this year. 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Nah Oxbridge is gonna get worse after graduating this senior heavy group and de-emphasizing football. 

Meanwhile Chaminade is loading up by the day. They will be head and shoulders 3 touchdowns better than the 2nd best team in 3A. 

Oxbridge, Tampa Catholic, CCC, Mel CC etc. all of them won't sniff Chaminade this year. 

That's what they said on FL board last year 

Until i see oxbridge collapsing myself I'm holding off handing 3a over like a plate of cheese

58 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I would actually like that better than Chaminade because no one will expect Wekiva to compete with NG. 

Chaminade will have the studs and hype and will guarantee win 3A.  But they got crushed by larger teams that can match their athleticism. NG would be able to match them and it would probably end up being a blowout. 

I don’t know South football but I thought Wekiva is loaded this year 

11 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I would actually like that better than Chaminade because no one will expect Wekiva to compete with NG. 

Chaminade will have the studs and hype and will guarantee win 3A.  But they got crushed by larger teams that can match their athleticism. NG would be able to match them and it would probably end up being a blowout. 

Im going to assume we KNOW 4 of the matchups...

Wekiva FL vs North Gwinnett GA

Cardinal Gibbons FL vs Milton GA

AH-Plantation FL vs St. Joseph Regional NJ

Douglas FL vs St. Matthews

So theres Chaminade-Madonna, Mainland, Muscle Shoals, and Bob Jones left...

13 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

You guys keep bagging on Bob Jones and Muscle Shoals. They have had some halfway decent teams over the years. They will both come to play. I’m just saying, don’t overlook them....

They have. Muscle Shoals won state a couple years back if Im not mistaken. BJ is usually top 10-15 in AL at worst.

Last year was the worst year for either Ive seen. And they were still 20 (BJ) and 36 (MS) in AL.

28 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Yeah, last year’s teams weren’t up to their normal pars. I just don’t think they will be the pushovers everybody thinks they will be. 

The only real pushovers are Douglas, and presumably St. Matthews... Although St. M has been openly recruiting up there in the Great White North.

Wekiva vs. North Gwinnett isnt a bad matchup... AHP lost a T-O-N of talent. They wont be as good as they have been.

It wouldve been nice to see NG play SJR.

Cardinal Gibbons is playing Milton... If anything, switching it and making it Wekiva vs Milton & Cardinal Gibbons vs North Gwinnett wouldve probably been slightly better and more even... But Wekiva was 12th in FL last year and probably the 2nd best team in 8A behind Dr. Phillips... And they should be better this season.

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

You guys keep bagging on Bob Jones and Muscle Shoals. They have had some halfway decent teams over the years. They will both come to play. I’m just saying, don’t overlook them....

They are bagging them because it's looking like they will play each other instead of taking the FL teams which is making them look scared,  just like those California teams going to the Disney event this year and refused to play any good teams so they handpicked scraps

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

The only real pushovers are Douglas, and presumably St. Matthews... Although St. M has been openly recruiting up there in the Great White North.

Douglas usually has a solid OL and generally are a decent team 

They not really state title contenders but i wouldn't call them pushovers 

They better than probably at least half the teams that played oos last year for the sunshine state 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Wekiva vs. North Gwinnett isnt a bad matchup... AHP lost a T-O-N of talent. They wont be as good as they have been.

It wouldve been nice to see NG play SJR.

Cardinal Gibbons is playing Milton... If anything, switching it and making it Wekiva vs Milton & Cardinal Gibbons vs North Gwinnett wouldve probably been slightly better and more even... But Wekiva was 12th in FL last year and probably the 2nd best team in 8A behind Dr. Phillips... And they should be better this season.

Well i wasn't wanting AHP vs North Gwinnett i wanted cardinal gibbons vs North gwinnett 😂 

But those 2 matchups were one's i was hoping for once i started hearing things about the teams

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Well i wasn't wanting AHP vs North Gwinnett i wanted cardinal gibbons vs North gwinnett 😂 

But those 2 matchups were one's i was hoping for once i started hearing things about the teams

Milton will be solid, I think CG will be favored, but dont count Milton out.

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Im going to assume we KNOW 4 of the matchups...

Wekiva FL vs North Gwinnett GA

Cardinal Gibbons FL vs Milton GA

AH-Plantation FL vs St. Joseph Regional NJ

Douglas FL vs St. Matthews

So theres Chaminade-Madonna, Mainland, Muscle Shoals, and Bob Jones left...

i think that looks right.....if rumors are true,,,,,,,,or not......

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My sources are saying SJR/AHP. Let's see how in-the-know they are. Excellent game if true. 

Have heard that a couple times, usually "rumor" follows... But we'll see..

99% confident these are set in stone...

Wekiva-North Gwinnett

Cardinal Gibbons-Milton (think GSB will be surprised with Milton)

AHP-SJR

Douglas-St. Matthews

Now we just hope its Chammy vs Bob Jones & Mainland vs Muscle Shoals and were good.

I think Milton got the toughest draw... Or perhaps Wekiva did...

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

NG and CG were also bantered about. Either one will do, although CG will be the better FL team in 2018 ;) 

PS...squeaker win over Demarest last night. Yikes. 

5 starters out...one for the season....and apparently were taking penalties left and right....FOGO went 12.14 though 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

NG and CG were also bantered about. Either one will do, although CG will be the better FL team in 2018 ;) 

PS...squeaker win over Demarest last night. Yikes. 

Who you got in Wekiva vs NG and CG vs Milton...

NG will probably be favored by 3-5 and CG will probably be favored by 7

All 4 teams will be top 10 in their states... CG and NG will be top 3 preseason probably, while Milton and Wekiva will be in the 8-10 range in their states.

On 3/24/2018 at 2:48 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I hope SJR plays NG. Makes no sense going to GA to play a FL school. 

Two Colorado schools traveled to Orlando a few years ago for some kind of Florida event, and, due to scheduling issues or something, ended up playing one another. Wah wah (sad trombone sound).

The kids soon forgot about the disappointment when they saw the nifty helmets they got to wear for the game.

image.jpeg.bfff953b684d8ba4dce9ef3201a68af7.jpeg

• Haha 1