Freedom Bowl (GA) Matchups

ECHS05

20 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Hmm...

Maybe it should be North Gwinnett vs. Cardinal Gibbons and Milton vs. St. Joseph Regional...

I mean if CG is THAT good...Milton would be fine vs. SJR...  

Let AHP & Chammy duke it out...

Well read this how you choose to 

I talked to a friend in South Florida who at the moment (current rosters as of this month) who feels cardinal gibbons is slightly better than AHP 

Now that could change but that tells me enough that I will keep close eye on them this year 

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Well read this how you choose to 

I talked to a friend in South Florida who at the moment (current rosters as of this month) who feels cardinal gibbons is slightly better than AHP 

Now that could change but that tells me enough that I will keep close eye on them this year 

Well, AHP did lose a ton... And CG almost beat them last year so I could definitely see that.

• Like 1

2 Florida teams go drive 7 hours to play each other while 2 Bama teams go play? 

Which Bama team was too pussy and forced this to happen? You would have to think these coaches would want to play a team from out of state due to how easy is to play an in state team at any given time. 

Sounds like one of the Bama teams are too pussy to play freaking Mainland so now you got 2 boring ass in state games played at a neutral site. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

2 Florida teams go drive 7 hours to play each other while 2 Bama teams go play? 

Which Bama team was too pussy and forced this to happen? You would have to think these coaches would want to play a team from out of state due to how easy is to play an in state team at any given time. 

Sounds like one of the Bama teams are too pussy to play freaking Mainland so now you got 2 boring ass in state games played at a neutral site. 

That's why i laugh when people say state of Alabama can actually compare to Florida 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

That's why i laugh when people say state of Alabama can actually compare to Florida 

Some of the top teams can compete no issue. But there is no excuse to be a giant puss at a Freedom Bowl. Lol. 

You are at an event that highlights military service. The bravest people in the world. And you are a cowardly pussy. Lol. 

There is no logic behind 2 Bama teams playing and 2 FL teams playing. 

I would bet my life Mainland and Wekiva would of been the ones to bitch out playing Jim Jones and Muscle Dystrophy 

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Some of the top teams can compete no issue. But there is no excuse to be a giant puss at a Freedom Bowl. Lol. 

You are at an event that highlights military service. The bravest people in the world. And you are a cowardly pussy. Lol. 

There is no logic behind 2 Bama teams playing and 2 FL teams playing. 

I would bet my life Mainland and Wekiva would of been the ones to bitch out playing Jim Jones and Muscle Dystrophy 

Most states dodge playing elite teams at these events 

Look at Disney event as well it's same story 

That's why i actually respect Milton playing cardinal gibbons 

I still can't believe Cardinal Gibbons lost that game to AHP in the playoffs last season.

I don't follow either team closely, but with all that AHP lost, unless they got a ton of transfers in (haven't heard of many yet) then CG should definitely be the favorite in that district. I'm still hesitant to put them ahead of STA quite yet but I guess that's just a "I'll believe it if/when it ever happened" situation. But CG will be monstrous this season.

On another note, it really would be disappointing if two AL teams and two FL teams went all the way to GA just to play the team from their state.  I really hope that's not the case.

16 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I still can't believe Cardinal Gibbons lost that game to AHP in the playoffs last season.

I don't follow either team closely, but with all that AHP lost, unless they got a ton of transfers in (haven't heard of many yet) then CG should definitely be the favorite in that district. I'm still hesitant to put them ahead of STA quite yet but I guess that's just a "I'll believe it if/when it ever happened" situation. But CG will be monstrous this season.

On another note, it really would be disappointing if two AL teams and two FL teams went all the way to GA just to play the team from their state.  I really hope that's not the case.

People always look at St Thomas Aquinas and assume they are always the best in state by just looking at their name

Problem is though name doesn't win rings,  last year they lost to the only remotely close to elite 7a team they faced, they got shut out in the desert and gave up almost 50 points to a 8a first round loser 

Nothing about 2017 sta screams elite team and from looking at the roster i don't see any major upgrades that make me think they suddenly turning back into national elite sta we used to in 2018, they probably will be good enough to win a overall weak region 4 but facts are they weren't top 3 in broward last year and probably won't be this year 

In fact i have doubts they were even top 5 in broward county last year 

11 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wow. 

Mainland and Wekiva are exactly 1 hour away from each other. 

Mainland is 7 hours from Milton,GA

Wekiva is 7 hours from Milton,GA

SHAKING MY DAMN HEAD!!!

It's not directly about playing each other. 

It's most likely about... E. X. P. O. S. U. R. E. 

Wouldn't you think? I mean if you can read this post with your head shaking like that. If you have to, shake the screen to match your head. xD

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Wouldn't you think? I mean if you can read this post with your head shaking like that. If you have to, shake the screen to match your head. xD

Actually if it was likely to be about something it would be having the opportunity to be apart of the Freedom Bowl event and everything that comes with it. 

Im sure Wekiva and Mainland didn't know they would be playing each other when each team committed. Hell Mainland was one of the first teams to commit. So they had no idea. 

So they probably didn't want to back out just for that reason. Wekiva vs Mainland is an interesting game in the state regardless of the site they play at. Wekiva is on an earn respect tour. They seem to have completely changed the landscape in their area. 

Will be interesting to see them go against another name brand team in the state 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just tried that....

Lemme try again...

Getting dizzy 😵 

Maybe slo mo.  

Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Actually if it was likely to be about something it would be having the opportunity to be apart of the Freedom Bowl event and everything that comes with it. 

Im sure Wekiva and Mainland didn't know they would be playing each other when each team committed. Hell Mainland was one of the first teams to commit. So they had no idea. 

So they probably didn't want to back out just for that reason. Wekiva vs Mainland is an interesting game in the state regardless of the site they play at. Wekiva is on an earn respect tour. They seem to have completely changed the landscape in their area. 

Will be interesting to see them go against another name brand team in the state 

Well if it’s ahp vs sjr then they knew all along because I heard it was a Florida Powerhouse vs sjr from the beginning 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This can't be true. In the end, I'm confident it'll be a FL vs The USA showcase taking place in GA. Weird, but better than nothing. 

It may not... Like I said, its what Muscle Shoals has on their Hudl. That they'll be playing Bob Jones.

Cardinal Gibbons has their matchup being vs Milton on MaxPreps...

Apparently the only sure thing is Douglas FL vs. St Matthews

Since theres 6 FL team, and there will be 6 games, it only makes sense that its FL vs USA... In Georgia... Lol.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wekivas twitter says they are playing North Gwinnett

I would actually like that better than Chaminade because no one will expect Wekiva to compete with NG. 

Chaminade will have the studs and hype and will guarantee win 3A.  But they got crushed by larger teams that can match their athleticism. NG would be able to match them and it would probably end up being a blowout. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I would actually like that better than Chaminade because no one will expect Wekiva to compete with NG. 

Chaminade will have the studs and hype and will guarantee win 3A.  But they got crushed by larger teams that can match their athleticism. NG would be able to match them and it would probably end up being a blowout. 

I wouldn't count oxbridge out quite yet

Most expected Chaminade as a 3a lock and oxbridge could have won that game