Allen def San Angelo Central; 34-21

Jack Reacher

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I know as a kid growing up in East Texas I certainly was aware of the LSWC and we had our own special conference back then with these guys

Longview, Lufkin, John Tyler, Tyler Lee, Marshall, Texas High and Nacogdoches back when it was 4A and then Texas started 5A epic battles in Texas HS football History.  West Texas and Beast Texas were the dominate areas for decades.  Beast Texas never left.  

All have won are played for State since 1970 except Nacogdoches I believe. With 5 of them winning a Title since the 70's . Not too bad for some country boys and John Tyler is a player again  Good stuff Shady. Much respect for West Texas ball.  Hell a couple of those lil guys are tough too. 

Yes, I should have included them with WT. the WT and ET districts were what it was all about. I definitely know about the history out there.

San Angelo coverage:

http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/spo...1/21/94237088/

Central-Allen has the makings of a classic

Paul Harris , San Angelo Standard-Times

http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/spo...dium/94289958/

Bobcats confident against anyone at San Angelo Stadium

Charles Bryce, San Angelo Standard-Times

http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/spo...able/94315206/

Bobcats' turnaround under Davis remarkable

Charles Bryce , San Angelo Standard-Times

http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/spo...llen/94346676/

Bobcats embracing showdown with No. 1 Allen

Charles Bryce, San Angelo Standard-Times

http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2016/11/24/mike-lee-all-west-texas-rooting-central-against-dfw-power/94341770/

Mike Lee: All of West Texas rooting for Central against DFW power

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Ok Shady, you've given us lots of valuable info. through the season on SAC.  This is it, what is your score prediction?  

35-24 Angry Orange

Allen talks about "we play in front of big crowds all the time." It's not about Allen it's about Central always playing on another level at home because they feed off the home crowd.

I can tell by listening to our coach talk that there's a confidence within the team. I know they don't think Allen is either a better football team OR has an athletic advantage.

I think if Allen can consistently be successful with the run and Central can't stop it, they're in trouble. Central believes in its run defense. If they do that and make them pass, I think Allen is in trouble. I also think Central needs to at least have some success on the ground. If Central can run the ball, Allen is in trouble because they'll have trouble stopping the pass. If Central plays well against the run and can run the ball decently they win.

Now watch me be wrong. I feel good though.

1 minute ago, Shady12 said:

35-24 Angry Orange

Allen talks about "we play in front of big crowds all the time." It's not about Allen it's about Central always playing on another level at home because they feed off the home crowd.

I can tell by listening to our coach talk that there's a confidence within the team. I know they don't think Allen is either a better football team OR has an athletic advantage.

I think if Allen can consistently be successful with the run and Central can't stop it, they're in trouble. I also think Central needs to at least have some success on the ground. If Central plays well against the run and can run the ball decently they win.

Now watch me be wrong. I feel good though.

I agree, allen plays in front of big crowds cheering for THEM.  This will be different for them for sure.  Good luck, sounds like a fun one.

53 minutes ago, Shady12 said:

It is a holiday and a lot of playoff games are in the afternoon. With the holiday it is like a Saturday and it allows people to get home at a decent hour if they are coming from Allen.

Guess that makes some sense to me.

This is suppose to be Friday Night Lights though. Part of it will be, I guess.:D

13 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Correct. I think a few of us, including us two, still see the goal of HSFB. (Win a state championship) no one gives a damn about a national ranking outside the 45 of us (and growing!!!) 

I'll be perfectly honest... with DJ bailing after last year, there has some pressure lifted for a lot of us. For some, not so much as they still drive home the MNC theory is everything. 

i love this board for the football aspect of each state batting it out for their best. Not for the ring given to Gorman each year lol

Dear Atlien12x,

It has not gone un noticed that you are showing interest in other states and making relevant posts in such.

The board is pleased with your positive interactions.

This thread is a good start toward your rehab and we will be in touch.

sincerely,

The Comish

• Like 1