Allen def San Angelo Central; 34-21

Jack Reacher

Just now, Horsefly said:

Exactly, and I'm gonna enjoy them in their context..path towards their respective state titles.

Correct. I think a few of us, including us two, still see the goal of HSFB. (Win a state championship) no one gives a damn about a national ranking outside the 45 of us (and growing!!!) 

I'll be perfectly honest... with DJ bailing after last year, there has some pressure lifted for a lot of us. For some, not so much as they still drive home the MNC theory is everything. 

i love this board for the football aspect of each state batting it out for their best. Not for the ring given to Gorman each year lol

• Like 2

Allen will not be travelling out to SAC until 7:30 AM tomorrow morning.  Do you guys think that is a good of bad idea.  Basically a 4 hr drive and  then 4 hours to game time. Read it here. 

The team will leave from Allen at 7:30 a.m. on Friday. Once they've arrived, their routine will be similar to every other game they've played. 

Allen coach lays out travel schedule, explains why 300-mile trip doesn't worry him

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/11/23/allen-coach-worried-long-bus-ride-san-angelo-knows-schools-fans-will-going-show

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Allen will not be travelling out to SAC until 7:30 AM tomorrow morning.  Do you guys think that is a good of bad idea.  Basically a 4 hr drive and  then 4 hours to game time. Read it here. 

The team will leave from Allen at 7:30 a.m. on Friday. Once they've arrived, their routine will be similar to every other game they've played. 

Allen coach lays out travel schedule, explains why 300-mile trip doesn't worry him

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/11/23/allen-coach-worried-long-bus-ride-san-angelo-knows-schools-fans-will-going-show

Terrible idea in my opinion...

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Nah, I doubt it'll matter if the coach believes it won't. He knows what's best for his team- and they're the biggest school in a state full of football powers. If they wanted to be there Thursday night, they would've been. 

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Allen will not be travelling out to SAC until 7 AM tomorrow morning.  Do you guys think that is a good of bad idea.  Basically a 4 hr drive and  then 4 hours to game time. Read it here. 

I think the holiday certainly complicates travel, but Colquitt would go the day before and stay in a hotel.

It's better to have the boys near, going over film and assuring they are hydrated etc. 

Do they travel in cheese boxes or charters? I guess that kind of makes some difference. 

Damn San Angelo is off the hook over this one.  The whole town is going Orange out.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/news/local/2016/11/22/bobcat-backers-seek-volunteers/94288514/

These Bobcats want to beat our DFW asses for sure.  Damn 

Gonzalez said the group wants to decorate San Angelo Stadium and the route traveled by the opponents — up Bryant Boulevard and onto Knickerbocker Road leading past the stadium.

“We want the Allen Eagles to see orange the whole way,” she said. "Our theme is " 'Hear Us Roar!' "

Gonzalez said she and others have been working to secure donations from several local businesses, which have come through with paint, helium for balloons and other necessities.

“Home Depot, Lowe’s and McCoy’s, H-E-B and G&L Welding have all donated, and that really helps,” she said. “We are just trying to get as many people involved as possible. … It’s a big goal we’ve set for ourselves, but it’s coming together.”

Gonzalez said several local businesses have agreed to put “Go Bobcats” on their marquees.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the holiday certainly complicates travel, but Colquitt would go the day before and stay in a hotel.

It's better to have the boys near, going over film and assuring they are hydrated etc. 

Do they travel in cheese boxes or charters? I guess that kind of makes some difference. 

It's Allen:  HawgGonelt charter all the way brother. They paid the 1.2 million themselves for the 700+ member Allen band to participate in last years Rose Bowl.  This is Collin County hell the Freshmen out here wouldn't travel in Cheese Boxes.  

Getting Allen's Marching Band To Rose Parade Takes 8 Flights, 15 Buses And $1.2 Million

• Like 1

For us DFW guys regardless we will get to watch either Allen or SAC at the Death Star next week as week 4 will have multiple games back at AT&T stadium.  Great time for us Texans to get together and watch multiple games.  See who will be here next week.  Damn this will be good.  The Redskin will be fired up for those damn $9.50 Nachos and 6 dollar Sodas. Freaking 30 bones for the dastardly duo.  9_9

Next week will be the first week this season that high school football playoff games will be held at AT&T Stadium, the home field of the Dallas Cowboys. And there will be plenty of regional finals to see there.
Allen coach Terry Gambill confirmed in an email Wednesday that the Class 6A Division I Region I final will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday Dec. 3 at AT&T Stadium. The winner of Friday's much-anticipated matchup between undefeated Allen (12-0) and San Angelo Central (12-0) will play the winner of Saturday's Arlington Bowie vs. Duncanville game.
Highland Park ISD athletic director Johnny Ringo confirmed that the winners of Friday's regional semifinals featuring Highland Park vs. Mansfield Lake Ridge and Mansfield Legacy vs. Frisco Wakeland will play their Class 5A Division I Region II final at 5:30 p.m. Friday Dec. 2 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
Aledo ISD athletic director Tim Buchanan confirmed that the 5A Division II Region I final will be played at 9 p.m. Dec. 2 at AT&T Stadium. That will feature the winners of the Lubbock Cooper vs. Fort Worth Boswell and Aledo vs. Abilene Cooper regional semifinals.
Matt Stepp from Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine first reported the news about the upcoming games at AT&T Stadium.
Stepp also reported that the 6A Division II Region I final will be at 5:30 p.m. Saturday Dec. 3 at AT&T Stadium. That game will match the winner of Friday's Abilene vs. DeSoto game against the winner of Friday's Mansfield  vs. Cedar Hill game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Who is San Angelo?  Never heard of them.  If Allen doesn't crush...Texas is waaaay down 

They've been playing football at the highest level in Texas for over 100 years. If not for only one team per district making the playoffs and Permian being in their way for a few decades, they probably would have quite a few state titles. They only have two though.

52 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Damn San Angelo is off the hook over this one.  The whole town is going Orange out.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/news/local/2016/11/22/bobcat-backers-seek-volunteers/94288514/

These Bobcats want to beat our DFW asses for sure.  Damn 

Gonzalez said the group wants to decorate San Angelo Stadium and the route traveled by the opponents — up Bryant Boulevard and onto Knickerbocker Road leading past the stadium.

“We want the Allen Eagles to see orange the whole way,” she said. "Our theme is " 'Hear Us Roar!' "

Gonzalez said she and others have been working to secure donations from several local businesses, which have come through with paint, helium for balloons and other necessities.

“Home Depot, Lowe’s and McCoy’s, H-E-B and G&L Welding have all donated, and that really helps,” she said. “We are just trying to get as many people involved as possible. … It’s a big goal we’ve set for ourselves, but it’s coming together.”

Gonzalez said several local businesses have agreed to put “Go Bobcats” on their marquees.

This city has gone absolutely loony tunes over this game all week. It's pretty unbelievable. Glad we got this game here, it's been pretty special and so will tomorrow. Nothing beats a huge game being played in West Texas, the cradle of high school football. Without West Texas football paving the way for decades I'm not sure there'd be sites like this one.

Just now, Shady12 said:

This city is absolutely loony tunes over this game all week. It's pretty unbelievable. Glad we got this game here, it's been pretty special and so will tomorrow. Nothing beats a huge game being played in West Texas, the cradle of high school football. Without West Texas football paving the way for decades I'm not sure there'd be sites like this one.

I know as a kid growing up in East Texas I certainly was aware of the LSWC and we had our own special conference back then with these guys

Longview, Lufkin, John Tyler, Tyler Lee, Marshall, Texas High and Nacogdoches back when it was 4A and then Texas started 5A epic battles in Texas HS football History.  West Texas and Beast Texas were the dominate areas for decades.  Beast Texas never left.  

All have won are played for State since 1970 except Nacogdoches I believe. With 5 of them winning a Title since the 70's . Not too bad for some country boys and John Tyler is a player again  Good stuff Shady. Much respect for West Texas ball.  Hell a couple of those lil guys are tough too. 

One of 2 things is gonna happen tomorrow 

Allen is gonna get popped in the mouth so hard they are gonna get up and walk towards the SAC sideline thinking they are going back to their own sideline and ask what happened. And a SAC coach is gonna politely say, "your in the middle of gettin an old fashioned West Texas ass whoopin!!

Or

San Angelo kids are gonna look like they got concrete in their shoes with all that Dallas Metro speed!!! The Allen kids are gonna laugh and say San Angelo reminds them of those thick ankled LaSalle,Ohio kids when they came and got butt drilled by Cedar Hill. Only slower! Lol 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Allen is gonna get popped in the mouth so hard they are gonna get up and walk towards the SAC sideline thinking they are going back to their own sideline and ask what happened. And a SAC coach is gonna politely say, "your in the middle of gettin an old fashioned West Texas ass whoopin!!

Or

San Angelo kids are gonna look like they got concrete in their shoes with all that Dallas Metro speed!!! The Allen kids are gonna laugh and say San Angelo reminds them of those thick ankled LaSalle,Ohio kids when they came and got butt drilled by Cedar Hill. Only slower! Lol 

GOAT

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Or

Now that's funny

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Nah, I doubt it'll matter if the coach believes it won't. He knows what's best for his team- and they're the biggest school in a state full of football powers. If they wanted to be there Thursday night, they would've been. 

I understand the Coach "thinks" he knows what's best for his team, but truth be told, he hasn't had an opportunity to "know" what is best for this team in regards to travel. They haven't travelled anywhere. 

Just looking at it from a Coaching standpoint, you got the money, travel Thursday. You don't have to worry about kids loading up on food, staying up late with relatives or chasing tail, not hydrating, travel tiredness/soreness etc... Limit those things and just don't take any chances IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

I understand the Coach "thinks" he knows what's best for his team, but truth be told, he hasn't had an opportunity to "know" what is best for this team in regards to travel. They haven't travelled anywhere. 

Just looking at it from a Coaching standpoint, you got the money, travel Thursday. You don't have to worry about kids loading up on food, staying up late with relatives or chasing tail, not hydrating, travel tiredness/soreness etc... Limit those things and just don't take any chances IMO.

Capture.PNG