Allen def San Angelo Central; 34-21

Jack Reacher

10 hours ago, Connman said:

I know Allen's going to be walking into a crazy atmosphere in San Angelo and it should be a great game. I'm with you on SAC winning but wouldn't even consider it as an upset.

Allen had better win or I want a thread dedicated to me for calling Allen out since day one.

and I know what's coming if Angie wins..... "oh, Allen is great, San Angie is just better! Texas is just so good."

54 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Allen had better win or I want a thread dedicated to me for calling Allen out since day one.

and I know what's coming if Angie wins..... "oh, Allen is great, San Angie is just better! Texas is just so good."

You understand Texas so well NOR! Fwiw I'm not saying TX is down only that Allen is probably ranked too high and SAC too low! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

It's called quality competition and traveling 300 miles the day after thanksgiving to play a do or go home game.  

all of these are factors in a projected Allen loss.

I'm a San Angelo fan. This is a big deal out here. We could have sold 30,000 seats but as has been mentioned we had to hold a lot for Allen per UIL rules. Plus there wouldn't be room for 30k. I am glad I have season tickets and reserved seats so I don't have to fight for a seat.

We have a good football team, I think as good as theirs, and it will be a great atmosphere. It's great to see big time football games back out west in the cradle of high school football. The old LSWC teams (Odessa, Odessa Permian, San Angelo, Midland, Midland Lee, Abilene, Abilene Cooper) helped shape TXHSFB into what it is today.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shady12 said:

I'm a San Angelo fan. This is a big deal out here. We could have sold 30,000 seats but as has been mentioned we had to hold a lot for Allen per UIL rules. Plus there wouldn't be room for 30k. I am glad I have season tickets and reserved seats so I don't have to fight for a seat.

We have a good football team, I think as good as theirs, and it will be a great atmosphere. It's great to see big time football games back out west in the cradle of high school football. The old LSWC teams (Odessa, Odessa Permian, San Angelo, Midland, Midland Lee, Abilene, Abilene Cooper) helped shape TXHSFB into what it is today.

I hope you guys win!   Then they will make a movie!  Go San Angelo 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We've been talking SAC for quite a while now, really should be nothing new for those paying attention.

They also beat Permian last year, when people were talking about MoJo being back. That was a game that had A LOT of people. Remember watching the weekly HSFB show in Texas (fox sports) and seeing the highlights of that game 

10 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They also beat Permian last year, when people were talking about MoJo being back. That was a game that had A LOT of people. Remember watching the weekly HSFB show in Texas (fox sports) and seeing the highlights of that game 

Yeah I remember that also. Permian was undefeated so there was a lot of MoJo chants going on. I even looked it up to see what was with the MoJo thing...

21 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Who is San Angelo?  Never heard of them.  If Allen doesn't crush...Texas is waaaay down 

Not sure if serious or not.

San Angelo was a perenniel power in Texas back in the good old days. Their head coach in the 1960s, Emory Bellard, is credited with inventing the Wishbone offense. They took a dip in the recent past, but all indications are they are back as a solid program. I believe they have won four consecutive district championships, which hasn't been done in that district in a very long time. 

Just now, Jack Reacher said:

Not sure if serious or not.

San Angelo was a perenniel power in Texas back in the good old days. Their head coach in the 1960s, Emory Bellard, is credited with inventing the Wishbone offense. They took a dip in the recent past, but all indications are they are back as a solid program. I believe they have won four consecutive district championships, which hasn't been done in that district in a very long time. 

He trolls with the best of the LOL He's a good fella but take some of what he says with a huge grain of salt (California homer) but a good guy 

16 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I was able to attend that game last year, and it was big. It was basically for the district championship, with SAC getting a 27-20 win over Mojo. I believe the atmosphere that night was much like what will be going on tomorrow, with the stands packed to the gills and the noise level as high as it can go. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

I was able to attend that game last year, and it was big. It was basically for the district championship, with SAC getting a 27-20 win over Mojo. I believe the atmosphere that night was much like what will be going on tomorrow, with the stands packed to the gills and the noise level as high as it can go. 

What time is the game tomorrow? Maxpreps says 4pm but that can't be right. Hope there is a radio stream