All of Georgias 2018 OoS Games by Date

ECHS05

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That's stupid... 

Why not have DLS play Folsom to see who get to be the rep... 

Each team plays Section playoffs... DLS in the North Coast Section playoffs, Folsom in the Sac-Joaquin section playoffs... And theres the Northern section playoffs, Central Coast, Central, etc, etc...

Afterwards a team is chosen for the Open Bowl game vs the SoCal rep...

The rest play 1 more playoff game before the games vs. SoCal ... Which involve divisions, D1, D2, D3, etc... Now sure how many they got...anyway, the rest of the winners of their section playoffs, play 1 more playoff game to see who reps the North in all the other Bowl games vs. the South...

Theres D1-A, D1-AA, D2-A, D2-AA... All the way down to D6-AA...

So in total they, Cali, have 13 State Champs... The Open, and all the D1-D6 Champs...

Last year...

Open: Mater Dei 52, De La Salle 21 (SoCal wins)

D1-A: Narbonne 28, Pittsburg 21 (SoCal wins)

D1-AA: Folsom 49, Helix 42 (NorCal wins)

D2-A: St. Francis 22, Grace Brethren 13 (NorCal wins)

D2-AA: Serra (San Mateo) 38, Cajon 14 (NorCal wins)

D3-A: Steele Canyon 44, Half Moon Bay 42 (SoCal wins)

D3-AA: Bishop Diego 41, Shasta 6 (SoCal wins)

D4-A: Milpitas 45, Southwest (El Centro) 41 (NorCal wins)

D4-AA: Crenshaw 46, Placer 43 (SoCal wins)

D5-A: Fortuna 54, Katella 33 (NorCal wins)

D5-AA: McClymonds 42, Golden West 12 (NorCal wins)

D6-A: Galileo 38, Vincent Memorial 20 (NorCal wins)

D6-AA: Strathmore 31, Orange 29 (NorCal wins)

24 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You think they pull off the 3 peat this year or will John Ford finally catch that elusive championship?

I think Coach Ford and the Wolves are gonna get that butt, this season. Positive vibes, everybody focused and working hard. That offensive line is primed and ready to go. Defensive side of the ball looks to be vastly improved. We do have a good run that will be sufficient in replacing two stud rb’s that graduated. Qb should be good to go. I do expect a battle though with Rome if we meet again. 

Hopefully Bufrord will evolve as anticipated and make some noise in the national discussion season afterwards, where they land is anybody’s guess. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I think Coach Ford and the Wolves are gonna get that butt, this season. Positive vibes, everybody focused and working hard. That offensive line is primed and ready to go. Defensive side of the ball looks to be vastly improved. We do have a good run that will be sufficient in replacing two stud rb’s that graduated. Qb should be good to go. I do expect a battle though with Rome if we meet again. 

Hopefully Bufrord will evolve as anticipated and make some noise in the national discussion season afterwards, where they land is anybody’s guess. 

I think Bufords gonna sneak past Rome this season too. Itll be a close one IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, ECHS05 said:

I think Bufords gonna sneak past Rome this season too. Itll be a close one IMO.

Warner Robins brings back a lot from last season also... They'll be a contender.

Stockbridge is gonna fall off a little.

Itll definitely be Buford, Warner Robins, & Rome.

Maybe Carrollton makes a little noise too, we'll see.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Your school vs my school (warner robins) in the 5a championship this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’m looking at season after this for national discussion, maybe too conservative but that’s my feeling at the moment. If we get Archer, Newton and Deerfield then it well help formulate a better picture and analysis. 

56 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’m looking at season after this for national discussion, maybe too conservative but that’s my feeling at the moment. If we get Archer, Newton and Deerfield then it well help formulate a better picture and analysis. 

I see Buford going 9-1 in the regular season, losing only to Archer in a REALLY close game... Im talking 21-20 or 24-23 type game...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I think the deerfield and archer games will put buford back into the national spotlight.....especially if y'all win. Kinda like how South Pointe gained even more notoriety after beating buford. That was their "national championship" in a sense. 

• Like 1

Did you guys realize Rome broke the GHSA record for points scored in a single season last year? I actually did not know that til now.

Rome scored 758 total points last season, which is 50.53 per game... That records been broken a few times recently... And now Rome holds that record now.

In the playoffs, Rome outscored their 5 opponents 261 to 30... Thats 52.2 to 6... Jesus. Overall on the season they gave up 142 points... Outscoring teams 50.53 to 9.47 on the season.

#2 in single season scoring is Washington Co. with 737 in 2014... When they had AJ Gray

#3 is Buford in 2013 with 707

And #4 is Colquitt in 2015 with 700 even... Obviously Colquitt holds the large class record... 

Cartersville in 2016 is #5 with 695

Colquitt in 2014 is #6 with 687

And surprisingly , 2A Rabun Co. This past season (2017) is 7th with 684

Rounding out the Top 10 is #7 2006 Dublin (682), #8 2007 Buford (681), #9 2012 Gainesville (680) when they had DeShaun Watson, and #10 is 2013 Washington Co. with 668

The 1st 22 teams are all post-2006... 23rd is 1997 Miller Co. ... So clearly... In the last 8-10 years offenses have evolved quite a bit in GA.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Did you guys realize Rome broke the GHSA record for points scored in a single season last year? I actually did not know that til now.

Rome scored 758 total points last season, which is 50.53 per game... That records been broken a few times recently... And now Rome holds that record now.

In the playoffs, Rome outscored their 5 opponents 261 to 30... Thats 52.2 to 6... Jesus. Overall on the season they gave up 142 points... Outscoring teams 50.53 to 9.47 on the season.

#2 in single season scoring is Washington Co. with 737 in 2014... When they had AJ Gray

#3 is Buford in 2013 with 707

And #4 is Colquitt in 2015 with 700 even... Obviously Colquitt holds the large class record... 

Cartersville in 2016 is #5 with 695

Colquitt in 2014 is #6 with 687

And surprisingly , 2A Rabun Co. This past season (2017) is 7th with 684

Rounding out the Top 10 is #7 2006 Dublin (682), #8 2007 Buford (681), #9 2012 Gainesville (680) when they had DeShaun Watson, and #10 is 2013 Washington Co. with 668

The 1st 22 teams are all post-2006... 23rd is 1997 Miller Co. ... So clearly... In the last 8-10 years offenses have evolved quite a bit in GA.

Rome was the shit and still is until someone knocks them off. I didn’t know that either. EC, Rome beat us like a drum... it’s ridiculous how good that team was last year. 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol... Im assuming youre from NorCal because no one else would say that.

Nothing Folsom has done says anything close to that. Beating Helix by 7 and giving up 42 in the process isnt a MNC contender, far from it.

Beating Oak Ridge by 14, Jesuit by 13, Oakdale by 16, Sacramento by 9 (wtf?)... Those arent the look of a MNC contender.... Perhaps a borderline top 100 team.

Atleast they play a team we can really gauge their worthiness against this year. Playing NorCal teams not named DLS doesnt tell you much.

I’m from Central California, and I could give a rats ass about all that bs it’s all California to me. Helix is easily a top 50 team in the country oak ridge top 180 they beat Jesuit top 250 by 46 in the first meeting Oakdale is 475 so good teams. If you didn’t know most of the starters on that Folsom team last year where sophomores and juniors! It’s funny to me that Folsom has a better strength of schedule than every team in Georgia except Colquitt County And McEachern 😂 Why is it that your such a salty hater? 

5 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

I’m from Central California, and I could give a rats ass about all that bs it’s all California to me. Helix is easily a top 50 team in the country oak ridge top 180 they beat Jesuit top 250 by 46 in the first meeting Oakdale is 475 so good teams. If you didn’t know most of the starters on that Folsom team last year where sophomores and juniors! It’s funny to me that Folsom has a better strength of schedule than every team in Georgia except Colquitt County And McEachern 😂 Why is it that your such a salty hater? 

Let me guess... You got the SoSs from CALIFORNIAPreps, right? xD

Helix easily a top 50 team in the country? Gtfo of here dude. Come back when we can have a serious discussion. Im in no mode for that level of homerism. Helix lost to Paraclete by 16 and beat a bunch of nobodies afterwards. Beating Oaks Christian doesnt make Helix good, Chaminade beat OC by 37, and Murrieta Valley beat them by 18.

Top teams in the country beat Sacramento by more than 9 points.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Let me guess... You got the SoSs from CALIFORNIAPreps, right? xD

Helix easily a top 50 team in the country? Gtfo of here dude. Come back when we can have a serious discussion. Im in no mode for that level of homerism.

Nope maxpreps, to me that’s the most unbiased source. Most major polls would say that to, because I’ll pull them up. It’s not homerism it’s facts, I respect real, but when you’re gonna talk out of your ass I’m going to have to check you.

5 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

Nope maxpreps, to me that’s the most unbiased source. Most major polls would say that to, because I’ll pull them up. It’s not homerism it’s facts, I respect real, but when you’re gonna talk out of your ass I’m going to have to check you.

MaxPreps uses CalPreps SoS and Rankings there fella... MaxPreps bought CalPreps rankings.

Every SoS you see @ MaxPreps will match every SoS @ CalPreps.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

MaxPreps uses CalPreps SoS and Rankings there fella... MaxPreps bought CalPreps rankings.

According to USA Today only 5 Ga schools had a better Sos than Folsom, either way Folsom would have one of the better schedules in Ga 😂

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Maxpreps and calpreps also take into account of margin of victory, something you criticized Folsom about hmmm... yea 

33 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

According to USA Today only 5 Ga schools had a better Sos than Folsom, either way Folsom would have one of the better schedules in Ga 😂

A. The problem with computers, is theres simply not enough data connecting states to scale them together properly. Especially ones like CA & GA that play each other like once every ten years. The scaling CalPreps uses is essentially guessing between a lot of states, aka human input. A computer will never be a reliable national ranking tool. Its state rankings actual have data connecting most of the teams within the same state, so those are ok... Ive been through this plenty of times before. You being fairly new I doubt youve seen my posts about this.

However. 

Problem with those sites SoS methods... They look at every game... 2 or 3 bad opponents for a team can take a SoS way down. 

Which schedule is technically better? Pretending these teams only play 6 game schedules...

Team As opponents had ratings of 70, 60, 60, 45, -15, and -40. Thats a total of 180/6 = An SoS of 30

Team Bs opponents had ratings of 30, 30, 35, 30, 25, 30 . Thats a total of 180/6 = An SoS of 30.

So, technically both these teams have a SoS of 30. BUT its pretty obvious Team A played the better schedule...they played 4 teams better than the best opponent Team B played... Team B played all middlings, never really tested vs a very good team... Meanwhile Team A played 3 very good teams, 1 good team, and 2 scrubs...

The best way to find SoS is to use the 5, 6, maybe 7 (if they played 14-15 games) best opponents on a teams schedule.

Ok CP has Folsoms SoS as 48.6, and North Gwinnetts at 47.4 ... 

Folsoms 6 best... 65.8, 57.2, 53.9, 53.7, 53, 52.2 = 335.8/6 = 55.97

North Gwinnetts 6 best ... 63, 60.8, 57.3, 57, 50.4, 48.6 = 337.1/6 = 56.18

Folsom = 55.97

North Gwinnett = 56.18

Although both are very close... If you consider the site is CaliforniaPreps, and the fact Ive shown data is underscaled by over +2.5 points per team... You start to get the picture that CA , NorCal in particular, is blah...

Folsom needs to perform in its 2 non-NorCal games.

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

A. The problem with computers, is theres simply not enough data connecting states to scale them together properly. Especially ones like CA & GA that play each other like once every ten years. The scaling CalPreps uses is essentially guessing between a lot of states, aka human input. A computer will never be a reliable national ranking tool. Its state rankings actual have data connecting most of the teams within the same state, so those are ok... Ive been through this plenty of times before. You being fairly new I doubt youve seen my posts about this.

However. 

Problem with those sites SoS methods... They look at every game... 2 or 3 bad opponents for a team can take a SoS way down. 

Which schedule is technically better? Pretending these teams only play 6 game schedules...

Team As opponents had ratings of 70, 60, 60, 45, -15, and -40. Thats a total of 180/6 = An SoS of 30

Team Bs opponents had ratings of 30, 30, 35, 30, 25, 30 . Thats a total of 180/6 = An SoS of 30.

So, technically both these teams have a SoS of 30. BUT its pretty obvious Team A played the better schedule...they played 4 teams better than the best opponent Team B played... Team B played all middlings, never really tested vs a very good team... Meanwhile Team A played 3 very good teams, 1 good team, and 2 scrubs...

The best way to find SoS is to use the 5, 6, maybe 7 (if they played 14-15 games) best opponents on a teams schedule.

Ok CP has Folsoms SoS as 48.6, and North Gwinnetts at 47.4 ... 

Folsoms 6 best... 65.8, 57.2, 53.9, 53.7, 53, 52.2 = 335.8/6 = 55.97

North Gwinnetts 6 best ... 63, 60.8, 57.3, 57, 50.4, 48.6 = 337.1/6 = 56.18

Folsom = 55.97

North Gwinnett = 56.18

Although both are very close... If you consider the site is CaliforniaPreps, and the fact Ive shown data is underscaled by over +2.5 points per team... You start to get the picture that CA , NorCal in particular, is blah...

Folsom needs to perform in its 2 non-NorCal games.

Either way it doesn’t change much. Folsom would still be a top 3 Ga team regardless, they’re scheduling good teams. I can make the same argument for Colquitt County, And I do agree Folsom needs to win to silence the doubters.

1 hour ago, Abel_559 said:

Either way it doesn’t change much. Folsom would still be a top 3 Ga team regardless, they’re scheduling good teams. I can make the same argument for Colquitt County, And I do agree Folsom needs to win to silence the doubters.

Lol. You guys want Folsom to be a "Top Georgia team" so bad.

Its more likely they arent top 10.

• Haha 1

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Lol. You guys want Folsom to be a "Top Georgia team" so bad.

Its more likely they arent top 10.

I don’t care about Folsom in Georgia I know they would be one of if not the best team in Georgia, I guess you don’t watch tape or games for yourself. Your blatant disrespect and ignorance is what causes me to make those statements.

10 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Lolllllllllll that's even debatable.  

The fact that we are the best team in the state of GA is also satisfying. 

Dang son!  I hope you are using whatever it is you are partaking of only at home as it is clearly befuddling your mind!

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

In the last 8-10 years offenses have evolved quite a bit in GA.

The successful teams have moved from pure running offensives to spread passing or a combination of rush/pass in that period of time.  07, 08, 09 we might have thrown 3 passes a game.  Heck I remember games where we didn't throw a single time!  3 yards and a cloud of dust works if you have a shutdown D but it means you won't be scoring a lot of points as there just aren't enough minutes in the game.