All of Georgias 2018 OoS Games by Date

ECHS05

On 4/1/2018 at 2:20 PM, DB4 said:

Grayson has a great program. But they should be embarrassed that they took that game with ISB. It's not just them either. Cocoa, Elder, all those other programs should be too. Absolutely no point to it. You could find a bad team in your area to play, at least somewhere in your state.

ISB is in Cocoa's state. A few hours away actually

31 minutes ago, Keemd91 said:

ISB is in Cocoa's state. A few hours away actually

I know that, but thanks for telling me. And my point remains the same for each of the schools that scheduled ISB. They all could have found a better school to play. 

8 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I know that, but thanks for telling me. And my point remains the same for each of the schools that scheduled ISB. They all could have found a better school to play. 

You're right they could have but they didn't. Yes Cocoa is a small school power in the state but every team needs a break every now and then. Not making any excuses but all those teams did play some big time games as well.

Took a quick look at Grayson, Marietta, Buford and N. Gwinnett's fbs recruit offers currently... 

Grayson's '19 class well loaded with 15 recruits, none in the '20 and '21 classes thus far - 15 total

Buford  '19 class with 9 recruits, '20 class with 3 recruits, one '21 class recruit -  13 total 

Marietta '19 class one recruit, '20 class with 9 recruits, one '21 class recruit - 11 total

N. Gwinnett '19 class 5 recruits, '20 class 2 recruits -  7 total 

On 4/1/2018 at 3:20 PM, DB4 said:

Grayson has a great program. But they should be embarrassed that they took that game with ISB. It's not just them either. Cocoa, Elder, all those other programs should be too. Absolutely no point to it. You could find a bad team in your area to play, at least somewhere in your state.

Except that at the time an in order to fill the schedule by the GHSA deadline, we couldn't.  No team would pick up a game with us that we could schedule.  Sometimes you have to hold your nose and take what you can get.  Other than maybe the 8th & 9th graders that got to play for the first time I don't think anyone at Grayson enjoyed that game.

33 minutes ago, Fred said:

Except that at the time an in order to fill the schedule by the GHSA deadline, we couldn't.  No team would pick up a game with us that we could schedule.  Sometimes you have to hold your nose and take what you can get.  Other than maybe the 8th & 9th graders that got to play for the first time I don't think anyone at Grayson enjoyed that game.

I'll take your word since you definitely know more about the program than I do. Still not a good look but, take what you can get.

On 4/2/2018 at 3:32 PM, Keemd91 said:

You're right they could have but they didn't. Yes Cocoa is a small school power in the state but every team needs a break every now and then. Not making any excuses but all those teams did play some big time games as well.

You're assuming when I said "better" team that I meant play another elite team. They could have played an average team and blown them out. ISB is terrible.

17 hours ago, DB4 said:

You're assuming when I said "better" team that I meant play another elite team. They could have played an average team and blown them out. ISB is terrible.

Not assuming just saying every team needs a break every once in awhile. Nothing wrong with a gimme. Wouldn't be no better than playing Bayside, Cocoa Beach or Space Coast. Could have been the only team available that week that was willing to play

Who is Winnsboro SC?

On Johns Creeks' schedule, it says they play Winnsboro SC on 8/17, a week before they play @ St. John's DC. But I dont see a Winnsboro HS on CalPreps or after googling it... Just Fairfield Central HS in Winnsboro...

Do any South Carolina guys know whats up with this?

15 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Who is Winnsboro SC?

On Johns Creeks' schedule, it says they play Winnsboro SC on 8/17, a week before they play @ St. John's DC. But I dont see a Winnsboro HS on CalPreps or after googling it... Just Fairfield Central HS in Winnsboro...

Do any South Carolina guys know whats up with this?

I can ask the coach. Hold on 

if it is a SC team then it might be the team he was telling me about a while ago who is coached by a buddy of his. He told me it fell through but that was months ago. 

20 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It's Fairfield Central from SC. He said there was a contract issue with the original team they had scheduled for that week so they had to scramble to find a game. 

No sir....that can't be.  Things like THAT just don't happen.  Well...at least that's what you guys said about Colquitt when we were scrambling and took on powerhouse...ISB.

Shame on you and that coach for fibbing....

Rufus>>

19 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

No sir....that can't be.  Things like THAT just don't happen.  Well...at least that's what you guys said about Colquitt when we were scrambling and took on powerhouse...ISB.

Shame on you and that coach for fibbing....

Rufus>>

Well i didn't want to say it but the AD shit the bed on the contract. It was an in house blunder that left the coach scrambling. 

And even with him scrambling this late in the game he still found a team that would beat ISB by their desired score. 

Gospel