Trump Tariffs Could Devastate Spartanburg, Tuscaloosa w/ 50% Retaliation

BigDrop

36 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Only Micro viewpoint .... Macro?.... poor take. 

Well i could care less about how much Amazon costs those cheap corporations who cut costs to spend more time on their private yachts and tell everyone they are better than them because they have money

Maybe those cheap bastards will put out a better product next time if they don't want Amazon to keep taking all their business 

Main reason from my view of why Amazon is successful is because they have a better catalog and service than any of these big name corporations who have lost touch with the general public 

99% of stuff i find on Amazon are not only stuff retail stores don't even have in stock or are far cheaper and less hassle than I would get at a retail store 

Question for the people supporting trumps fight against Amazon  (another unimportant issue while he avoids doing something that would actually help this country) 

Why would I as a consumer WANT to pay more for a item i could get on Amazon for cheaper?

And not only that but why would I WANT to go to a retail store (I'll use Walmart as a example) looking for a item and the people there can't tell you anything about the item or even where the bloody hell to find it 

So by disagreeing with Amazon being a smart consumer option you are saying the above scenario is better than clicking a search bar and going right to hundreds of different prices and sellers for the items and selecting the best one and it comes to your door

That IS a huge consumer advantage to not only get it cheaper than Walmart would give you but avoid the hassle of workers who know nothing about the item or even where to find it

Oh and then avoid the hassle of the Walmart return policy where they try to screw you out your money unless you can show them a in store copy of the item even if you brought the item and receipt with you, which means you have to go find another one just to get money back 

On Amazon the return process is simple and easy 

So again why should big corporations get our business instead of Amazon when those big corporations won't even make things helpful for the consumer who's money they want? 

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Question for the people supporting trumps fight against Amazon  (another unimportant issue while he avoids doing something that would actually help this country) 

Why would I as a consumer WANT to pay more for a item i could get on Amazon for cheaper?

And not only that but why would I WANT to go to a retail store (I'll use Walmart as a example) looking for a item and the people there can't tell you anything about the item or even where the bloody hell to find it 

So by disagreeing with Amazon being a smart consumer option you are saying the above scenario is better than clicking a search bar and going right to hundreds of different prices and sellers for the items and selecting the best one and it comes to your door

That IS a huge consumer advantage to not only get it cheaper than Walmart would give you but avoid the hassle of workers who know nothing about the item or even where to find it

Oh and then avoid the hassle of the Walmart return policy where they try to screw you out your money unless you can show them a in store copy of the item even if you brought the item and receipt with you, which means you have to go find another one just to get money back 

On Amazon the return process is simple and easy 

So again why should big corporations get our business instead of Amazon when those big corporations won't even make things helpful for the consumer who's money they want? 

Question 1: To help your local community and the people who live in your community like we did back in the day so to speak when Main street was full of small business and the owner knew your name.

Question 2: Dont use walmart because I personally would like to see all walmarts close their doors as they come in and destroy a community.

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Question 1: To help your local community and the people who live in your community like we did back in the day so to speak when Main street was full of small business and the owner knew your name.

Question 2: Dont use walmart because I personally would like to see all walmarts close their doors as they come in and destroy a community.

you have no understanding 

Just now, noonereal said:

you have no understanding 

Yes I do. Listen I shop on amazon for one reason they provide things that you cant find in other places. But if those items came back to the small towns there would be absolutely no reason for me to shop on amazon at all. And I havent stepped into a walmart in about 10 years

Just now, HSFBfan said:

1: I do like the service at those stores and i go to a few but problem is most have limited items in stock and if I'm looking for something (i recently bought a computer game on Amazon so I'll use that for a example)

I can't find computer games being sold in any retail stores in town (walmart included) so odds are the Main St stores won't have it either 

That's where amazon comes in,  i got a game collection (it came with like 6 games in one package) 

Got it for 10 bucks including shipping costs

Most times I see just one of the games for 12 bucks but i got 6 for 10

Not only that but no store sells computer games (not even gamestop)

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes I do. Listen I shop on amazon for one reason they provide things that you cant find in other places. But if those items came back to the small towns there would be absolutely no reason for me to shop on amazon at all. And I havent stepped into a walmart in about 10 years

Absolutely if they had the items for sale in town i would get them in town 

99% of stuff i get on amazon it's because no one has it in stock 

Which why I'm saying if stores want to not lose business to Amazon they need to have a deeper catalog 

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

1: I do like the service at those stores and i go to a few but problem is most have limited items in stock and if I'm looking for something (i recently bought a computer game on Amazon so I'll use that for a example)

I can't find computer games being sold in any retail stores in town (walmart included) so odds are the Main St stores won't have it either 

That's where amazon comes in,  i got a game collection (it came with like 6 games in one package) 

Got it for 10 bucks including shipping costs

Most times I see just one of the games for 12 bucks but i got 6 for 10

Not only that but no store sells computer games (not even gamestop)

Right and I agree with you.Like I said i only hope on Amazon because they offer items that you cant find. But if those items came back to the small stores I would gladly go there and stop giving my business to Amazon. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Right and I agree with you.Like I said i only hope on Amazon because they offer items that you cant find. But if those items came back to the small stores I would gladly go there and stop giving my business to Amazon. 

Small stores are not coming back. They have been going away for decades and it's only accelerating. 

Amazon does a geat job and as well know but only some want to admit this is nothing but Donald harassing the Washington Post.  

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Small stores are not coming back. They have been going away for decades and it's only accelerating. 

Amazon does a geat job and as well know but only some want to admit this is nothing but Donald harassing the Washington Post.  

Amazon does a great job killing business and offering things that those businesses dont offer. Kind of like Wal Mart

13 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Comparing Trump to Amazon in regard to taxes? You’re joking right. 

So you're saying since trump cheating taxes is less than Amazon, it makes it ok?  LOL!!  Come on homie.  You know better than that.  At least I hope you do.  You trumpies really love to use the, " Oh yeah well so and so did this or that" card.  Classic. LOL

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Trump has an undergraduate degree from the Wharton school at Penn where he transferred.   He does NOT have a Masters.

Dude, follow along I wasn’t talking about Trump. I was referencing a poster who is clueless RE economics. 

52 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So you're saying since trump cheating taxes is less than Amazon, it makes it ok?  LOL!!  Come on homie.  You know better than that.  At least I hope you do.  You trumpies really love to use the, " Oh yeah well so and so did this or that" card.  Classic. LOL

First, in the mid 90s he had a year where he lost a billion dollars which made him exempt from paying taxes for 18 years legally. Definitely not defending it but it is the law. He paid something like 38 mil in taxes in 06 ish so he didn’t take full advantage of the law. Trump is a shit businessman with no ethics but he’s better than Hillary .... that’s what you trump haters don’t understand.  

Secondly, amazon is on a different stratosphere than trump in regard to earnings so yes it’s different. Apple, Facebook, amazon etc all don’t pay taxes/or minimal you know that right? 

What the hell did you study at Brown .... basket weaving for dummies? You think trump avoiding taxes is the same as the second largest (maybe first know not sure if they passed Apple) company RE market cap in the fucking world? You’re joking right .... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

First, in the mid 90s he had a year where he lost a billion dollars which made him exempt from paying taxes for 18 years legally. Definitely not defending it but it is the law. He paid something like 38 mil in taxes in 06 ish so he didn’t take full advantage of the law. Trump is a shit businessman with no ethics but he’s better than Hillary .... that’s what you trump haters don’t understand.  

Secondly, amazon is on a different stratosphere than trump in regard to earnings so yes it’s different. Apple, Facebook, amazon etc all don’t pay taxes/or minimal you know that right? 

What the hell did you study at Brown .... basket weaving for dummies? You think trump avoiding taxes is the same as the second largest (maybe first know not sure if they passed Apple) company RE market cap in the fucking world? You’re joking right .... 

Or maybe he understands the laws and rules that benefit him? He absolutely knows how to protect himself and his businesses