Bergen Catholic wrestling program accused of sexual and verbal abuse in lawsuit

LiberalDonaldTrump

1 hour ago, tommygun58 said:

One of my jr wrestlers went to BC & started at 141lbs as a soph.Took 5th at the Beast,2nd in coaches(xmas)tourny ,2nd in districts & 4th in Regions.Junior year a new kid appears that was a state place winner(4) in his weight class(141).

Early on while coaching him I taught him a move that I used in the 70's called a crackback.It is a move that if you hit it can end a match very quickly.He used it in a wrestle off on the new kid for the Beast tourny & pinned him in 19 seconds(came in 5th again).Bell went nuts.He told him to never use it again & that I was a joke as a coach for teaching garbage moves.He never beat that kid again.Had to go jv.

Later that season Dan Gable was at BC to meet & talk to area wrestlers about the sport.At the end of the program he took questions.A kid asked him what his favorite all time move was.Gable said without a doubt it was the CRACKBACK.Bell turned bright red & would not look at my wrestler.My kid jumped into his car flew to my house with a huge grin to tell me the story & apologize for thinking that I was what Bell said I was.

Chills up and down my spine. Thanks for sharing. 😎😎😎

Showering after gym .Ridgewood NJ.

From 7th - 12th grade in 70's mandatory showers unless a note from a Dr.

i don't remember any student having a problem with it.Male or female.After wrestling or football practice a coach would walk up to you on your way out of the shower & discuss things while drying off.I showered after early morning wrestle offs,gym or even after working out on the universal gym during study hall.

NJ shore had huge shower areas for years for men & women.Shower naked(all ages)to get the sand off,dress & hit the road.

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I actually really enjoy the law and im in school for it so to me its a fun subject to talk about

Great, just what the world needs, more lawyers!  😉

In all seriousness if you have any questions about navigating the next 3 years feel free to send me a message here and I’ll offer any advice I can.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

Great, just what the world needs, more lawyers!  😉

In all seriousness if you have any questions about navigating the next 3 years feel free to send me a message here and I’ll offer any advice I can.

Good luck!

Im not going to Law School. I am finishing up my paralegal studies and im good with that level unless someone wants to pay for my law degree ;) 

Gotcha.  Well the offer still stands if you have any legal questions feel free to ask and I’ll answer what I can.

Thank you. Law School is quite intimidating and quite expensive. Also read that if you cant get into a top 10-15 law school dont even bother. Im not that smart so im not going to waste my money

10 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

Showering after gym .Ridgewood NJ.

From 7th - 12th grade in 70's mandatory showers unless a note from a Dr.

i don't remember any student having a problem with it.Male or female.After wrestling or football practice a coach would walk up to you on your way out of the shower & discuss things while drying off.I showered after early morning wrestle offs,gym or even after working out on the universal gym during study hall.

NJ shore had huge shower areas for years for men & women.Shower naked(all ages)to get the sand off,dress & hit the road.

What if you're hung like a horse and don't want your teammates to get jealous?  Asking for a friend I barley like. 

• Haha 2

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Thank you. Law School is quite intimidating and quite expensive. Also read that if you cant get into a top 10-15 law school dont even bother. Im not that smart so im not going to waste my money

Yeah if it’s not “T-14” the market is rough, though some schools in NJ like Seton Hall have good local alumni networks, and state schools like Rutgers provide an affordable option also with good networks.

Yeah if it’s not “T-14” the market is rough, though some schools in NJ like Seton Hall have good local alumni networks, and state schools like Rutgers provide an affordable option also with good networks.

Yea well I highly doubt I could get into Seton Hall and higher level schools. Im going to say you need some pretty high scores to get in.