My life

HSFBfan

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU CANT STAND YOUR OWN FAMILY ANYMORE 

Depends on the reason you can’t stand them.  What’s going on?

But ultimately, they’re your family; you should never give up on them, at least your immediate family.  In the end they’re the only ones that will be there for you.

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Depends on the reason you can’t stand them.  What’s going on?

But ultimately, they’re your family; you should never give up on them, at least your immediate family.  In the end they’re the only ones that will be there for you.

I cant do anything I like. I love to drink. I get criticized. I like to talk same thing. I like to be loud so to speak I get the same bullshit. I wanna live life and idc what anyone says. FUCK THESE PEOPLE

44 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I cant do anything I like. I love to drink. I get criticized. I like to talk same thing. I like to be loud so to speak I get the same bullshit. I wanna live life and idc what anyone says. FUCK THESE PEOPLE

I left home when I was twenty and except for a six month stay between 22 and 23 never went back to live. I found that after becoming an adult, though I still loved my mom dearly, it did not work out the way it used to. The problem is pretty basic. If you live with your folks as an adult, you will forever feel they are still treating you like a child. And you will resent that. By the same token, as you are under their roof, you have to respect their rules and regulations. As a child you accepted that. As a man or woman, that is much harder to swallow.

You should never say fuck your parents, though. It's disrespectful and probably unwarranted. If the time has come to move on, prepare to do so, and take the plunge. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I left home when I was twenty and except for a six month stay between 22 and 23 never went back to live. I found that after becoming an adult, though I still loved my mom dearly, it did not work out the way it used to. The problem is pretty basic. If you live with your folks as an adult, you will forever feel they are still treating you like a child. And you will resent that. By the same token, as you are under their roof, you have to respect their rules and regulations. As a child you accepted that. As a man or woman, that is much harder to swallow.

You should never say fuck your parents, though. It's disrespectful and probably unwarranted. If the time has come to move on, prepare to do so, and take the plunge. 

Yes fuck them. I will never be prepared but I'd rather be homeless. I dont need people telling me what to do and telling me how I should live my life. When people accept that I love to drink til I'm fucked up that I will accept. When I drink I wanna forget the bullshit I gotta deal with. So yes fuck the people that wanna control me. I should have left home at 22 I am now 31 and it sucks 

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes fuck them. I will never be prepared but I'd rather be homeless. I dont need people telling me what to do and telling me how I should live my life. When people accept that I love to drink til I'm fucked up that I will accept. When I drink I wanna forget the bullshit I gotta deal with. So yes fuck the people that wanna control me. I should have left home at 22 I am now 31 and it sucks 

You leave me at a loss for words. I don't know your personal situation. But I do know this: Both legally and morally, a parent ceases to have responsibility for a child when that child becomes an adult. Legal adulthood varies by state and by country. But at 31, I would like to think that you are an adult regardless of where in the world you live. 

I don't know how to say this nicely, but you are essentially living at home by the grace of your parents. They are not obliged to keep you, support you or in any other sense help you out. What they do is either out of love, a sense of obligation or both. You need to understand and respect that. If you cannot abide by what you consider unfair rules, then you need to move on. It's really that simple.

If you have a drinking problem, which it sounds like you may from your post, I would seriously counsel you to seek professional help. As I have told you before, my dad passed away at a relatively young age due to alcohol abuse. Don't let that fate happen to you!

Just now, DarterBlue said:

You leave me at a loss for words. I don't know your personal situation. But I do know this: Both legally and morally, a parent ceases to have responsibility for a child when that child becomes an adult. Legal adulthood varies by state and by country. But at 31, I would like to think that you are an adult regardless of where in the world you live. 

I don't know how to say this nicely, but you are essentially living at home by the grace of your parents. They are not obliged to keep you, support you or in any other sense help you out. What they do is either out of love, a sense of obligation or both. You need to understand and respect that. If you cannot abide by what you consider unfair rules, then you need to move on. It's really that simple.

If you have a drinking problem, which it sounds like you may from your post, I would seriously counsel you to seek professional help. As I have told you before, my dad passed away at a relatively young age due to alcohol abuse. Don't let that fate happen to you!

i dont need help with my drinking. people need to accept that i drink and i agree my parents dont need to help me  and at the end of the day if they want me out all they have to tell me is they want me out and im gone. im sorry you lost your dad to alcohol i really am but i honestly dont care what happens to myself. i was not meant to be put on this earth. this life is a complete waste of time. from the age of 6 to the time you die its the same old bullshit. My grandfather was one of my bestfriends outside of my dad and all that man did was provide for my grandmother and his kids and he died. he never had retirement he fucking died and my own family wouldnt even tell me. i am legit crying as i type this. I want my grandfather back

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i really am but i honestly dont care what happens to myself. i was not meant to be put on this earth. this life is a complete waste of time. from the age of 6 to the time you die its the same old bullshit. My grandfather was one of my bestfriends outside of my dad and all that man did was provide for my grandmother and his kids and he died.

In a free society, life is largely what you make of it. Yes, there are unforeseen setbacks, from time to time, but these can be overcome. YOU need to stop feeling sorry for yourself, figure out what you wish to do, and go pursue it. 

Have you considered that your grandfather may have enjoyed providing for his wife and kids? How do you know he was unhappy? And if you don't know the answer, how dare you project your feelings on to him!

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

In a free society, life is largely what you make of it. Yes, there are unforeseen setbacks, from time to time, but these can be overcome. YOU need to stop feeling sorry for yourself, figure out what you wish to do, and go pursue it. 

Have you considered that your grandfather may have enjoyed providing for his wife and kids? How do you know he was unhappy? And if you don't know the answer, how dare you project your feelings on to him!

my grandfather did what he supposed to do. he went to work everyday and made sure my grandmother was taken care of and his kids were able to get the upbringing he believed they deserved. before he died i wish i could have asked him many of questions but obviously I did not. I know he loved talking to me his oldest grandson. IDK WHAT I NEED TO DO. I CANT FIGURE OUT LIFE. ALL I KNOW IS THE WAY THIS LIFE IS SET UP IS FUCKING BULLSHIT

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Of course not. He is the guy who gives his generation a bad name, the "me" generation. 

If he is not entertained or given adulation for merely existing he is miserable.

Seems to me his grandfather had a very fruitful life and very rewarding life,  " all that man did was provide for my grandmother and his kids."

What on earth does he want from this life? 

Some Hollywood fantasy no doubt. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Of course not. He is the guy who gives his generation a bad name, the "me" generation. 

If he is not entertained or given adulation for merely existing he is miserable.

Seems to me his grandfather had a very fruitful life and very rewarding life,  " all that man did was provide for my grandmother and his kids."

What on earth does he want from this life? 

Some Hollywood fantasy no doubt. 

NO I DONT SO HONESTLY FUCK YOU

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I know this dude does not want to hear from me but I do worry about him. If he feels he needs to go, tell him so. Don't let him do something WE may have seen coming and did nothing. I am genuine in my concern. I feel for the young man. He appears to be crying for help. 

I am my brothers keeper.

dont worry about me. ill be either 6 feet under or homeless very soon. nobody can help me. my parents tried. therapists tried

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

If you feel you are at the end of your rope, try God.

The faith of a mustard seed is all it takes. One can muster that much just by admitting there is a power greater than himself. 

Do you know the size of a mustard seed?

It is small, very small. 

You can do this. 

Make the change with confidence.

Tell yourself that you can.

I cant. I tried. I went to school like were supposed to. I went to work like we supposed too. how much more am i supposed to do

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

dont worry about me. ill be either 6 feet under or homeless very soon. nobody can help me. my parents tried. therapists tried

I don't want you to do anything bad to yourself.  Your life has meaning and purpose.  I hope you find someone to talk to, as forum talk is not as effective.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

[...] IDK WHAT I NEED TO DO. I CANT FIGURE OUT LIFE. ALL I KNOW IS THE WAY THIS LIFE IS SET UP IS FUCKING BULLSHIT

What is it that you want, besides to drink heavily and talk about stuff without being criticized? 

If the problem lies with you, then moving is only gonna make you feel worse, when you realize that the South isn't your salvation. 

Moving out would probably do you some good, but it sounds like you've got depression and are trying treat it with heavy drinking. And if that's the case, you'll just bring that with you to Alabama or wherever else you might go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

What is it that you want, besides to drink heavily and talk about stuff without being criticized? 

If the problem lies with you, then moving is only gonna make you feel worse, when you realize that the South isn't your salvation. 

Moving out would probably do you some good, but it sounds like you've got depression and are trying treat it with heavy drinking. And if that's the case, you'll just bring that with you to Alabama or wherever else you might go. 

I cannot tell what I want because life has never let me decide what I want