My life

HSFBfan

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

ive been on suicide watch. ive talked to parents therapists etc it doesnt help

If it keeps you alive, it does you some good.

Depression is a form of irrationality because while you're depressed you're insensible to the value of things. 

It may be time to get off the booze and to get on the anti-depressants. 

Just now, Belly Bob said:

If it keeps you alive, it does you some good.

Depression is a form of irrationality because while you're depressed you're insensible to the value of things. 

It may be time to get of the booze and to get on the anti-depressants. 

i cant answer that

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I cannot tell what I want because life has never let me decide what I want

Okay, fine. But finding a place where you can drink without being criticized isn't a great plan. 

Depression isn't a rare condition, and it's treatable. But it requires a bit effort on your part, which is the rub, because when you have depression, you believe (falsely) that your life is hopeless and you often fixate on "solutions" that won't really help -- including suicide. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

i cant answer that

I will throw this out there. We now have a three page thread. And at most, only half the posts are yours. Consider what that means: there are several individuals that post who actually care about you. That in itself should tell you that life is not a futile as you seem to think it is. 

But at the end of the day, no one can get you out of the funk you are in if you don't make an effort. I think most of the individuals here would like to see you do that ... just ten more cents from me. 

• Like 2

Just now, DarterBlue said:

I will throw this out there. We now have a three page thread. And at most, only half the posts are yours. Consider what that means: there are several individuals that post who actually care about you. That in itself should tell you that life is not a futile as you seem to think it is. 

But at the end of the day, no one can get you out of the funk you are in if you don't make an effort. I think most of the individuals here would like to see you do that ... just ten more cents from me. 

Like.

Okay, fine. But finding a place where you can drink without being criticized isn't a great plan. 

Depression isn't a rare condition, and it's treatable. But it requires a bit effort on your part, which is the rub, because when you' have depression, you believe that life is hopeless and you often fixate on "solutions" that won't really help -- including suicide. 

idc about being criticized otherwise i wouldnt tell you guys anything about me.

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

i have been making an effort now since im 19. thats 12 years of trying. i honestly dont know much more to do

I thought that's what you said, that you wanted to get away from your family because you like to drink and they criticize you for it. 

For all I know, they're absolutely right. 

yes i love to drink but why cant they accept that??? why cant they just go with the fact that every weekend i wanna drink. i got yelled at because i spelt a drink before like who really gives a fuck. there is more beer out there. i knocked one over because i didnt pay attention. it really isnt a big deal

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

yes i love to drink but why cant they accept that??? why cant they just go with the fact that every weekend i wanna drink. i got yelled at because i spelt a drink before like who really gives a fuck. there is more beer out there. i knocked one over because i didnt pay attention. it really isnt a big deal

IDK. If it's like you say, then get out on your own. Take SN's advice, and find a place where you can secure reliable employment and where you can afford to live.  

Mental Illness is a serious thing and unless some of you here are experts in that field or have actually talked someone off a ledge.  I would not be engaging in this and surely not want any comments attributed to me directed to him.  Glad he has me on block.  

My advice would be to not engage this person based off the comments he has posted. 

• Like 4

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Change your scenery

That may help. But he also needs to change his attitude, find something that he finds worthwhile, and assume responsibility for making things happen in a positive way for him. These things may require: a change of scenery as you suggest, a new job, getting counseling, maybe medication, religion, etc. There are a variety of things that could be done to make things seem better. 

But he also needs to realize that many of them need initiative on his part. 

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

IDK. If it's like you say, then get out on your own. Take SN's advice, and find a place where you can secure reliable employment and where you can afford to live.  

im certainly trying and at the end of the day ill be working where i wanna be or ill be homeless where i wanna be

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Good.

Face it as though there is a reward.

A new start.

A new phase in life.

You have to look forward to the challenge.

kinda scared it wont work out. excited that it can work out. tired of the job im in. full of all sorts of emotions. went out today had somewhat of a good day. got bit in the lip by a dog of a friend. went home and dealt with the same bullshit as i always do. I always have to do everything while my brothers have to do nothing