Howard Cross Jr commits to Notre Dame

LiberalDonaldTrump

5 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

This kid has a bright future...

@SJR89 @GardenStateBaller

Sorry to @HSFBfan he will not be Rolling Tide

D07C6240-9920-4499-911E-E618713B3A18.png

99B99001-1A72-42F3-8EE0-1C073E9E9BB3.jpeg

Like I said most NJ kids will never go to the SEC. It's ok I'll keep watching national champions. Hell be playing in a peach bowl lol. I guess he didn't want to continue the legacy at alabama. 

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

His life is set at age 18. You should be so lucky. Any BNU player that chooses an SEC school over ND should have their heads examined. His Dad attended Bama. Even he knows this is too good an oppty to pass up. Fathers know best. Advancing the next gen is priority #1. 

Tell that to fitz whose about to be a top 5 pick and has 2 national championship rings. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

His life is set at age 18. You should be so lucky. Any BNU player that chooses an SEC school over ND should have their heads examined. His Dad attended Bama. Even he knows this is too good an oppty to pass up. Fathers know best. Advancing the next gen is priority #1. 

Bama would only be better if he was a lock to play and get drafted in the first two rounds of the NFL draft three to four years from now. Otherwise, he made the right choice 100%

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Bama would only be better if he was a lock to play and get drafted in the first two rounds of the NFL draft three to four years from now. Otherwise, he made the right choice 100%

The kid is very good. But I think the kids at bama are better. No disrespect to Howard cross son at all. The father is a great guy. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

The kid is very good. But I think the kids at bama are better. No disrespect to Howard cross son at all. The father is a great guy. 

Then he made the right choice.

If I coached or had a son that had multiple offers, if he had some academic ability, my advice would be choose the best academic school that offers you. If you are good enough, you will get to the League anyway even if you never win a National Championship. And if you weren't quite good enough, or got injured, the degree and the possible contacts you made at a: Stanford, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Berkeley, etc. will likely land you much higher up in the world of work. 

Just my careful take on things. NFL at best = Not For Long!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If I coached or had a son that had multiple offers, if he had some academic ability, my advice would be choose the best academic school that offers you.

Why.

OK, I know why every says this but honest, it really does not matter all that much, if at all. 

8 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

you will get to the League anyway even if you never win a National Championship.

Bingo!

Lot's of reasons to choose what school you go to and the academic thing does not mean much once you get out of academia. IMHO

16 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If I coached or had a son that had multiple offers, if he had some academic ability, my advice would be choose the best academic school that offers you. If you are good enough, you will get to the League anyway even if you never win a National Championship. And if you weren't quite good enough, or got injured, the degree and the possible contacts you made at a: Stanford, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Berkeley, etc. will likely land you much higher up in the world of work. 

I would want my kid to go to the best football schools. And if alabama came calling or clemson or Ohio state he would absolutely consider those

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Bingo!

Lot's of reasons to choose what school you go to and the academic thing does not mean much once you get out of academia. IMHO

If you are personable, and play your cards right, then the schools I mentioned are much better in terms of opening doors for a future career outside of professional sports. After all, they are attended by the sons and daughters of the well connected. 

Now if you are a 5 star athlete who looks like a man among boys at the high school level, then the caliber of football at the University becomes more important in the decision making process. 

I realize this kid has good bloodlines, but if he is below his dad potential wise, I think the ND commit was probably his best choice. 

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If you are personable, and play your cards right, then the schools I mentioned are much better in terms of opening doors for a future career outside of professional sports. After all, they are attended by the sons and daughters of the well connected. 

Now if you are a 5 star athlete who looks like a man among boys at the high school level, then the caliber of football at the University becomes more important in the decision making process. 

I realize this kid has good bloodlines, but if he is below his dad potential wise, I think the ND commit was probably his best choice. 

Committing to a ND instead of a Bama will not hinder him getting into the league at all.  If he has the measurables and ability it would actually probably help him see more snaps.  If you have the size and talent Bama doesn’t give you any leg up, it might actually hurt your chances.  They send tons of guys to the pros because they recruit the top talent.  Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If you are personable, and play your cards right, then the schools I mentioned are much better in terms of opening doors for a future career outside of professional sports.

Yeah, that is what everyone says and to a small degree that may be valid. I wholly dispute the use of the term "much better."

5 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Committing to a ND instead of a Bama will not hinder him getting into the league at all.  If he has the measurables and ability it would actually probably help him see more snaps.  If you have the size and talent Bama doesn’t give you any leg up, it might actually hurt your chances.  They send tons of guys to the pros because they recruit the top talent.  Just my opinion.

Exactly. He is not hurt unless he was dead set on winning a National Championship during his college career. 

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Yeah, that is what everyone says and to a small degree that may be valid. I wholly dispute the use of the term "much better."

Depending on the kid's personality and emotional intelligence, it could be much better. If certain corporate recruiters don't visit your campus or do so only for operations/administrative positions, while not impossible, it is far more difficult to land a corporate, career track job. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said: