Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Hoover, Al & ECA, La.  You pick a year and I will show you a State Champ Texas Beat OOS.  it's normal here.  You picked the last 2 years because you can't go further.  

a few on Standby.  Bellevue, Bingham, Bentonville.  Hell that's just the B's :D

Texas is soooo yesterday

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think Sammy looks at Texas as being over the hill because Texas for the most part doesn't have 100 transfers between all the top teams. St John Bosco and Mater Dei NEED 20 transfers a year to be nationally relevant. 

STA's worst team in a decade dominated and dismantled the number 2 team in California. Two other Florida  non champs dominated State Champs from Cali. 

First round loser Trinity TEXAS beat CALIFORNIA State Champ DLS. 

And Bishop Gorman is not apart of Cali even though they beat the hell out of multiple Cali teams every year. 

Don't forget also that top 5 in nation ranked St John Bosco could only score 3 points on a non top 10 FL team (STA)

Yet a first round loser in FL put 40+ on STA 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Nobody Cherry picks games like Nolebull813.   We tolerate him only because he entertains us.

You forgot the 1996 game that you always cite.

Congrats..my next blog post will be on Florida.

You can try but FL beats CA easily and you will only further destroy your credibility by trying to attempt it

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Complains about So Cal recruited up teams, then proceeds to cite two OOS Recruited up private teams as proof that Calif is not legit.  Sad

Guess you forgot when a FL public beat De La Salle 

So we don't need recruited up teams to beat CA 

Try again

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Anyone (knowledgeable about HS football) who watched the game saw that DLS was the better team.  Same as SJB vs STA.

Anything can happen in HS football, especially week 1 on the road OOS.

I would certainly hope so

SJB was second best team in CA last year and most places ranked them in top 5 nationally

STA was barley top 5 in their county and wasn't even top 10 in FL 

If SJB wasn't better than you all have no argument for being better than FL last year 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Katy - doesn’t have any oos wins.  lol they beat Bellevue and team from Florida in back to back years.  Bellevue won state and the coach was quoted after the game saying that was the best team they had ever played.  

funny how Sammy doesn’t have list of all the different state champs that Texas has beaten over the years.

Who they play from FL? 

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Don't forget also that top 5 in nation ranked St John Bosco could only score 3 points on a non top 10 FL team (STA)

Yet a first round loser in FL put 40+ on STA 

Florida teams excel in late August/early Sept.   Before coaching kicks in.

Not so much in October - December.

Florida coaches squander more talent than any state in America.

Florida teams wont travel to the other power states.   Need (desperately) the home field advantage to stay competitive.  Sad

• Haha 1

The fact is that the year is 2018.

The whole point of the thread is that elite Texas HS football is the past,   2017 was a disaster (referring to the national landscape) for Texas and 2018 isn't looking any better. 

Even Fla needs an Nationally recruited academy team to try and stay on the field with a Top (2) Trinity league team.

Funny because last i checked SJB is as much a private school as STA is

2017 alone. Bishop Gorman and Bergen Catholic.  

Nice so wins by the best team 

Do you have any oos wins over powerhouses from teams outside your top 10 in state 

I'll wait 

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

SJB was second best team in CA last year and most places ranked them in top 5 nationally

😂 

(10) California schools scored more points off SJB than talent rich recruited up Florida STA. 

This is a fact.

Just wait and see what happens to STA this year when they return the favor by travelling to SJB.  Oh wait......

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

2017 B.G. was down They lost to MD on the road and Miami Central beat them @ B.G.  The same MC that lost 33-0 to Dwyer and 3 other Florida ass whippings.  That was not a great win.  But at least you try.

And Bergen Catholic lost to Archbishop Wood, PA the week before. :D 

Again list the wins.  Those 2 were not great.  I can list  teams TX beat OOS in the last 3 years that didn't loose to anyone else.  .

Actually Dwyer game was a preseason game 

But rest was right 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Funny because last i checked SJB is as much a private school as STA is

Nice so wins by the best team 

Do you have any oos wins over powerhouses from teams outside your top 10 in state 

I'll wait 

Keep waiting.  We are not obligated to educate someone who's knowledge of HS football is so limited.  Read a book or two and come back in a few years.

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Florida teams wont travel to the other power states.   Need (desperately) the home field advantage to stay competitive.  Sad

AHP traveled to colquitt 

Cocoa has traveled to Ohio, NJ, TX 

4 different  FL publics have traveled to Bishop Gorman and 3 of those publics won when they went

Smh i could destroy this post all night, stop while you behind before you destroy your credibility 😂 😂 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Keep waiting.  We are not obligated to educate someone who's knowledge of HS football is so limited.  Read a book or two and come back in a few years.

Seriously 

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You make a false and stupid claim like this but I'm the one lacking football knowledge?? 

You are a joke, go back to your childish second account where you pretend to be a authority figure who no one listens to and come back when you actually can make a argument that carries a ounce of credibility 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think Sammy looks at Texas as being over the hill because Texas for the most part doesn't have 100 transfers between all the top teams. St John Bosco and Mater Dei NEED 20 transfers a year to be nationally relevant. 

STA's worst team in a decade dominated and dismantled the number 2 team in California. Two other Florida  non champs dominated State Champs from Cali. 

First round loser Trinity TEXAS beat CALIFORNIA State Champ DLS. 

And Bishop Gorman is not apart of Cali even though they beat the hell out of multiple Cali teams every year. 

What Sammy missed is that texas sure as hell  can load up teams if the UIL allowed.  We still produce a butt load of D1 athletes. 

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Seriously 

You make a false and stupid claim like this but I'm the one lacking football knowledge?? 

You are a joke, go back to your childish second account where you pretend to be a authority figure who no one listens to and come back when you actually can make a argument that carries a ounce of credibility 

Florida hasn't been relevant since before #1 National ranked STA got mauled by DBP.  It's really a sad situation.

Florida has "maybe" had (1) Top 10 National team in the last three seasons combined. 

This is unconsionable for a talent rich state like Fla.

Cherry pick early season games all you want, but the fact remains that Florida has not done well in the National rankings as of late. 

I may petition the Comish to require "guest" passes for Florida posters on this "National" board. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If SJB wasn't better than you all have no argument for being better than FL last year 😂 

STA Lost to Centennial From Arizona Lmao A team that would get stomped out by Sjb. Long beach poly beat them a couple years ago when they won state to. Westlake lost to Liberty. How come they losing to CA's punching bags???

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What Sammy missed is that texas sure as hell  can load up teams if the UIL allowed.  We still produce a butt load of D1 athletes. 

No argument here about the D1 athletes. 

Top Texas schools already load up on the their teams, due to large enrollment (single school in Town) programs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

(10) California schools scored more points off SJB than talent rich recruited up Florida STA. 

This is a fact.

Just wait and see what happens to STA this year when they return the favor by travelling to SJB.  Oh wait......

Miramar was a first round loser in FL 

Yet they put up 40+ on sta

SJB could only score 3

Second best in CA 😂 

Maybe GA really is better than CA because i bet the number 2 team in GA could have scored more than 3 points on STA 

especially considering all 3 losses sta had they gave up 12, 27, and 44 respectively 

In fact 

8 teams scored more then SJB did on STA 

Including 7 FL teams

Ely,  Fort Lauderdale, Boyd Anderson, Miramar, Doral academy, West Broward, Venice 

Only two of those teams were top 30 in state of FL 

6 minutes ago, Abel_559 said:

STA Lost to Centennial From Arizona Lmao A team that would get stomped out by Sjb. Long beach poly beat them a couple years ago when they won state to. Westlake lost to Liberty. How come they losing to CA's punching bags???

How come SJB couldn't beat sta then? 

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

No argument here about the D1 athletes. 

Top Texas schools already load up on the their teams, due to large enrollment (single school in Town) programs.

Not even close, we don't have open enrollment for athletics. If we did Allen and others would have 20-25 D1 kids easily.  

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Florida hasn't been relevant since before #1 National ranked STA got mauled by DBP.  It's really a sad situation.

Florida has "maybe" had (1) Top 10 National team in the last three seasons combined. 

Cherry pick early season games all you want, but the fact remains that Florida has not done well in the National rankings as of late. 

I may petition the Comish to require "guest" passes for Florida posters on this "National" board. 

Problem is no one cares about a phony commish with no real power

That account is as big of a joke as your current account is

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In which poll did you assume this garbage from? 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Miramar was a first round loser in FL 

Yet they put up 40+ on sta

SJB could only score 3

Second best in CA 😂 

Maybe GA really is better than CA because i bet the number 2 team in GA could have scored more than 3 points on STA 

especially considering all 3 losses sta had they gave up 12, 27, and 44 respectively 

In fact 

8 teams scored more then SJB did on STA 

Including 7 FL teams

Ely,  Fort Lauderdale, Boyd Anderson, Miramar, Doral academy, West Broward, Venice 

Only two of those teams were top 30 in state of FL 

Lmao your logic is trash because DORSEY Scored more points on Sjb than Sta They aint even top 250 in CA sooooo Dorsey>STA Got it!