Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2015-katy-championship-greatest-all-time-texas/

Elite High School football is thriving, Texas is being left behind.

2015 Katy voted best Texas team ever.  OOS wins = zero. 

Unanimous MNC = zero

Coincidence?  I think not. 

The myth that Texas teams don't need to play OOS because their playoffs are so tough  is exactly that...a myth.

For Texas Top 8 teams, The first three rounds of the Texas playoffs are normally vs. roadkill opponents, which are normally rated  #200 + nationally.  Not a good look when we peel back the curtain. 

Playing a Top OOS team either results in a Texas loss, or sucks so much focus, that the result is a stubbed toe loss in a subsequent week.  No stamina. Sad. 

Texas HS football as has been losing prestige at a shocking rate over the past 5 years.  They hit rock bottom in 2017, with arguably no teams in the National Top 5, and in some polls, only 1 team in the Top 20.

The elite level (tier) has passed Texas by.  It is truly shocking considering that Texas as a whole, still plays the best HS football....but maybe not for long either, as Texas second tier teams have not fared well as conventional wisdom would hold vs. Calif and others second tier teams in recent years. 

Texas elite's more than any other, state Top 3 need to hit the OOS road quickly or risk becoming HS football paper tigers. 

Even sadder is that Texas fan is completely fine with conceding the National stage.  Actual quote - (500 times over) " I'd rather watch my team play Something Something Junction than any Top OOS team."  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2015-katy-championship-greatest-all-time-texas/

Unanimous MNC = zero

The myth that Texas teams don't need to play OOS because their playoffs are so tough  is exactly that...a myth.

For Texas Top 8 teams, The first three rounds of the Texas playoffs are normally vs. roadkill opponents, which are normally rated  #200 + nationally.  Not a good look when we peel back the curtain. 

Playing a Top OOS team either results in a Texas loss, or sucks so much focus, that the result is a stubbed toe loss in a subsequent week.  No stamina. Sad. 

Texas HS football as has been losing prestige at a shocking rate over the past 5 years.  They hit rock bottom in 2017, with arguably no teams in the National Top 5, and in some polls, only 1 team in the Top 20.

The elite level (tier) has passed Texas by.  It is truly shocking considering that Texas as a whole, still plays the best HS football....but maybe not for long either, as Texas second tier teams have not fared well as conventional wisdom would hold vs. Calif and others second tier teams in recent years. 

Texas elite's more than any other, state Top 3 need to hit the OOS road quickly or risk becoming HS football paper tigers. 

Even sadder is that Texas fan is completely fine with conceding the National stage.  Actual quote - (500 times over) " I'd rather watch my team play Something Something Junction than any Top OOS team."  

I don't know which is sadder the fact you have taken leave of your mental faculties or the two Jersey boys clicking like on your bloody tampon of a post

.giphy.gif

There's a distinct culture to Texas football and the culture in the state of Texas in general pretty much doesn't give two shits about the rest of the union.

Especially freakin' Cali.

Anything else?

Carry on Son.

Regards,

C.A.

• Haha 3

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

I'll take OOS wins over culture anytime. That's what wins MNCs! 

Apparently reading comprehension is not stressed in rigor in Jersey.

Texans as a rule don't give two shits about anything outside of the the state of Texas.

As a native New Mexican, I hate 'em for that and love 'em for that very reason.

Good luck booking OOS with Texas, you're gonna need some Lady Luck.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The two losses to NV hurt its rep big time, but the DLS win keeps them on the Tier 1 level of hsfb states. 

Losing to BG did not hurt its rep, teams were losing to BG that seasons and cedar hill was far from a state champ in Texas.  Westlake was absolutely embarrassed by lake Travis that season.  It all played out as expected especially seeing that qestlskes best QB didn't play vs NV.  Perspective and proper analysis is key

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Unanimous MNC = zero

The national stage doesn't pay the bills.  Come to a Texas top level game and see for yourself instead of babbling on and on.  The public don't give two shits about OOS and aren't losing anything tangible bc of it.   Perspective.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The national stage doesn't pay the bills.  Come to a Texas top level game and see for yourself instead of babbling on and on.  The public don't give two shits about OOS and aren't losing anything tangible bc of it.   Perspective.  

I think Sammy looks at Texas as being over the hill because Texas for the most part doesn't have 100 transfers between all the top teams. St John Bosco and Mater Dei NEED 20 transfers a year to be nationally relevant. 

STA's worst team in a decade dominated and dismantled the number 2 team in California. Two other Florida  non champs dominated State Champs from Cali. 

First round loser Trinity TEXAS beat CALIFORNIA State Champ DLS. 

And Bishop Gorman is not apart of Cali even though they beat the hell out of multiple Cali teams every year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Losing to BG did not hurt its rep, teams were losing to BG that seasons and cedar hill was far from a state champ in Texas.  Westlake was absolutely embarrassed by lake Travis that season.  It all played out as expected especially seeing that qestlskes best QB didn't play vs NV.  Perspective and proper analysis is key

Meanwhile B.G Romped the whole State of California for 3 years running. xD.  Westlake lost without their 4* QB vs. Liberty, NV.  Ask that Numbnutz when the last time a Texas Big School Champ lost OOS.  If our team loses OOS they don't win State.  That is proof of how great we are compared to OOS.  Now what other State can say that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think Sammy looks at Texas as being over the hill because Texas for the most part doesn't have 100 transfers between all the top teams. St John Bosco and Mater Dei NEED 20 transfers a year to be nationally relevant. 

STA's worst team in a decade dominated and dismantled the number 2 team in California. Two other non champs dominated State Champs from Cali. 

And Bishop Gorman is not apart of Cali even though they beat the hell out of multiple Cali teams every year. 

SLC, ET, SKYLINE, DESOTO, CEDAR HILL, COPPELL, ABILENE and WESTLAKE  are all Texas Powers and have lost an OOS game.  Not one of them won State with only Cedar Hill making it the year they lost to BTW. and even they got destroyed by the 2 DI Texas teams Desoto and Allen.  Most if they loose OOS don't even get to the 3rd round.  Ask E.T.

Meanwhile

Hoover, Bentonville, DLS, JC(2), Union, Jenks, Cocoa, Plant, Bingham, and various others won State and lost to Non State Champs.

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Meanwhile B.G Romped the whole State of California for 3 years running. xD.  Westlake lost without their 4* QB vs. Liberty, NV.  Ask that Numbnutz when the last time a Texas Big School Champ lost OOS.  If our team loses OOS they don't win State.  That is proof of how great we are compared to OOS.  Now what other State can say that.

With SJB and MD poaching to whole state for all the talent California has turned into a 2 team state like Nevada. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

STA's worst team in a decade dominated and dismantled the number 2 team in California. Two other non champs dominated State Champs from Cali. 

LOL.  Nobody Cherry picks games like Nolebull813.   We tolerate him only because he entertains us.

You forgot the 1996 game that you always cite.

Congrats..my next blog post will be on Florida.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

LOL.  Complains about So Cal recruited up teams, then proceeds to cite two OOS Recruited up private teams as proof that Calif is not legit.  Sad

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Nobody Cherry picks games like Nolebull813.   We tolerate him only because he entertains us.

You forgot the 1996 game that you always cite.

Congrats..my next blog post will be on Florida.

It was 2002 and St. John Bosco lost 33-7 to Miami Monsignor Pace. Get the facts right buddy! 

• Haha 2

From their own site. A stroll down Memory lane

CALHISPORTS.  RANKED THIS AS #3 IN ALL TIME SHOWDOWNS FOR DLS. xD

I will assure you ET has played much better teams than that DLS team who was one of their best.  The respect for TX HS Football only 2 Cali teams above them.  Hell ET has played in bigger Showdowns in the last decade than that game. O.o

https://www.calhisports.com/2015/08/12/top-10-de-la-salle-showdowns/

And a Gentleman from Florida trying to warn them before the game on NorCalPreps.com

PurpleHaze13

PurpleHaze13Superstar
Expand Collapse

"Try a little humility. DLS supporters shouldn't be looking down their nose at Trinity. There would be no movies made or books written about DLS if they were located in FL or TX. No streaks out there. :D

This is indeed a loaded DLS roster and i look forward to watching them play, but there's half a dozen teams in Texas and Florida both that would knock DLS off that mythical #1 team in the country pedestal.

I'll leave it at that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

From their own site. A stroll down Memory lane

CALHISPORTS.  RANKED THIS AS #3 IN ALL TIME SHOWDOWNS FOR DLS. xD

I will assure you ET has played much better teams than that DLS team who was one of their best.  The respect for TX HS Football only 2 Cali teams above them.  Hell ET has played in bigger Showdowns in the last decade than that game. O.o

https://www.calhisports.com/2015/08/12/top-10-de-la-salle-showdowns/

And a Gentleman from Florida trying to warn them before the game on NorCalPreps.com

PurpleHaze13

PurpleHaze13Superstar
Expand Collapse

"Try a little humility. DLS supporters shouldn't be looking down their nose at Trinity. There would be no movies made or books written about DLS if they were located in FL or TX. No streaks out there. :D

This is indeed a loaded DLS roster and i look forward to watching them play, but there's half a dozen teams in Texas and Florida both that would knock DLS off that mythical #1 team in the country pedestal.

I'll leave it at that.

Anyone (knowledgeable about HS football) who watched the game saw that DLS was the better team.  Same as SJB vs STA.

Anything can happen in HS football, especially week 1 on the road OOS.

Katy - doesn’t have any oos wins.  lol they beat Bellevue and team from Florida in back to back years.  Bellevue won state and the coach was quoted after the game saying that was the best team they had ever played.  

funny how Sammy doesn’t have list of all the different state champs that Texas has beaten over the years.

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I love TX hsfb, but losing to Liberty was a huge hit no matter the consequences. IMO TX should never lose to any non-BG NV team. Ever. 

So one game (loss) by one team defines a whole state with what 1200+ football playing schools? 

I like OOS games, but this myth that once you pass a imaginary line into another state it represents  a lot more is such bullshit. Especially in a one game scenario. Kind of shortsighted and retarded thinking .

2-3 games are way too small of a sample size. If the top 1 20 of NV and TX played head to head I put a shit ton on Texas going 18-2 / 17-3 range. That at least would be a better barometer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3