The NRA has some explaining to do...

DBP66

The Senate Judiciary Committee just announced the NRA colluded with Russia to interfere in 2016 election

Published on May 16, 2018

Apparently, the National Rifle Association (NRA) is somehow even more insidious than previously imagined. Not only do they celebrate the murder of children nationwide, but they are reportedly as intertwined in Russian espionage as Trump lawyer Michael Cohen.

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary committee have documents in their possession suggesting that the NRA coordinated with Russia to help facilitate Trump’s election in the 2016 campaign.

The 22-page Senate document outlines the preliminary findings from their investigation into Russian meddling, stating that the Kremlin might have “used the NRA to secretly fund Mr. Trump’s campaign.”

“The Committee has obtained a number of documents that suggest the Kremlin used the National Rifle Association as a means of accessing and assisting Mr. Trump and his campaign.”

Democrats pegged two individuals of particular interest: Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Central Bank of Russia, and Maria Butina, a Russian national living in the U.S. Butina worked as Torshin’s assistant during the time in question.

Torshin is a close ally of Russian President and Trump-enthusiast Vladimir Putin. Democrats allege that both Torshin and Butina were significant agents in the Russian effort to use the NRA’s propaganda channel to aid Trump.

“[Butina and Torshin] repeatedly offered the campaign back channels to Russia and relayed requests from President Putin to meet with Mr. Trump. The Kremlin may also have used the NRA to secretly fund Mr. Trump’s campaign.”

Both Butina and Torshin have ties to former NRA president David Keen, who served from 2011-2013, going so far as to host him at a pro-gun conference in Russia. Butina also created the Russian equivalent of the NRA, “Right to Bear Arms.”

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

The Senate Judiciary Committee just announced the NRA colluded with Russia to interfere in 2016 election

Apparently, the National Rifle Association (NRA) is somehow even more insidious than previously imagined. Not only do they celebrate the murder of children nationwide, but they are reportedly as intertwined in Russian espionage as Trump lawyer Michael Cohen.

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary committee have documents in their possession suggesting that the NRA coordinated with Russia to help facilitate Trump’s election in the 2016 campaign.

The 22-page Senate document outlines the preliminary findings from their investigation into Russian meddling, stating that the Kremlin might have “used the NRA to secretly fund Mr. Trump’s campaign.”

“The Committee has obtained a number of documents that suggest the Kremlin used the National Rifle Association as a means of accessing and assisting Mr. Trump and his campaign.”

Democrats pegged two individuals of particular interest: Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Central Bank of Russia, and Maria Butina, a Russian national living in the U.S. Butina worked as Torshin’s assistant during the time in question.

Torshin is a close ally of Russian President and Trump-enthusiast Vladimir Putin. Democrats allege that both Torshin and Butina were significant agents in the Russian effort to use the NRA’s propaganda channel to aid Trump.

“[Butina and Torshin] repeatedly offered the campaign back channels to Russia and relayed requests from President Putin to meet with Mr. Trump. The Kremlin may also have used the NRA to secretly fund Mr. Trump’s campaign.”

Both Butina and Torshin have ties to former NRA president David Keen, who served from 2011-2013, going so far as to host him at a pro-gun conference in Russia. Butina also created the Russian equivalent of the NRA, “Right to Bear Arms.”

This is a surprise?

People all of a sudden became obsessed with guns and I kept seeing all this gun propaganda all over social media, starting in 2016. Makes sense.

3 hours ago, DBP66 said:

trump and the nra explain to NO one...

They will hire a bunch of stooges though to confuse people on the facts. Might be another 20 or 25 investigations before they are wrapped up.

Sick of it.

I'm just going to ride it out and NOT give a shit too much. Nothing these assholes have done has affected me and mine yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I’ll list some key words from the article

reportedly

suggesting

might have

suggest

allege

offered

may

let me know when they find actual facts and come to a conclusion

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I rest my case...

I’m not even a member of the NRA, nor a fan. How many Russian nationals contributed to the Clinton campaign? Wasn’t Russia one our closest allies like 5 years ago? Do some serious critical thinking and stop believing everything you read on facebook

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ron169 said:

I’m not even a member of the NRA, nor a fan. How many Russian nationals contributed to the Clinton campaign? Wasn’t Russia one our closest allies like 5 years ago? Do some serious critical thinking and stop believing everything you read on facebook

Ok, ronny.

Like I said I don't give a shit any longer.

They can do whatever they want to do and you can do whatever it is you do when you are not picking out "words"..

"SALVATORE IS A PRODUCER, POLITICAL WRITER, COMEDIAN AND LGBTQ ACTIVIST (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER). HE RESIDES IN LOS ANGELES WITH HIS TWO CATS AND ENCYCLOPEDIC KNOWLEDGE OF BRITNEY'S DISCOGRAPHY."    Sounds like Chip... 🤣

No wonder this "news" is being picked up worldwide, with such a hotshot respected "reporter" on the case...

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, concha said:

"SALVATORE IS A PRODUCER, POLITICAL WRITER, COMEDIAN AND LGBTQ ACTIVIST (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER). HE RESIDES IN LOS ANGELES WITH HIS TWO CATS AND ENCYCLOPEDIC KNOWLEDGE OF BRITNEY'S DISCOGRAPHY."    Sounds like Chip... 🤣

No wonder this "news" is being picked up worldwide, with such a hotshot respected "reporter" on the case...

😄

You are such an embarrassment to education.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/alexander-torshin-russian-courted-nra-leaders-sanctioned-us/story?id=54295231

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

Russia was not our ally 5 years ago.  When did Facebook get brought up?  

Do you think Russia and Trump are being honest?

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Russia was not our ally 5 years ago.  When did Facebook get brought up?  

Do you think Russia and Trump are being honest?

I don’t think any politician is honest, and I was off by a few years about Russia. Forgot it was 07 when President Obama was buddy buddy with Russia. 

As for facebook, that article read like some right/left wing rag I see idiots, dumbasses, and 60 year olds post everyday on Facebook. You do have to admit that every assertation in the article was vague and lacked any semblance of facts.

23 minutes ago, ron169 said:

I don’t think any politician is honest, and I was off by a few years about Russia. Forgot it was 07 when President Obama was buddy buddy with Russia. 

As for facebook, that article read like some right/left wing rag I see idiots, dumbasses, and 60 year olds post everyday on Facebook. You do have to admit that every assertation in the article was vague and lacked any semblance of facts.

Obama didn't even take office until 08 😂 

5 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Desperation, fear and arrogance are putting this stuff in print......The RIGHT won.....

so you think it's all just sour grapes?...no one should care one way or the other if Russia interfered with our election?....yea..the right won....BUT HOW?...with a little help from the Kremlin?....looks that way....what happen to putting county over party??...it's amazing to watch so many people sell their souls for Trump....sad

On 5/17/2018 at 7:23 PM, ron169 said:

Some politicians are more honest than others.  I asked the question about Facebook bc I didn't see any Facebook link or article and wasmt sure what you were referencing.  

Imo no one should get any news from Facebook.  I don't understand how/why people look for news in a.social networking site.  

If the article were to state as fact things they are not certain of being a fact would be problematic.  However, the likelihood and logic of the accusations seems to be compelling enough to look deeper.  Certainly the NRA has been looking out for their profits more than us citizens.