Not My: Louisiana Preseason Top 10

RedZone

Sometimes it's cool to get some perspective from the locals/state forums. This forum is basically a North La Forum, but I think this guy is from South La, but I'm not sure. I don't post there. Read it every now and again.

That said. I think most of the teams look about right for the most part, not sure about the order. Karr will take a couple steps back this year.  St. Thomas More doesn't look right to me in the Top 10.

http://louisianasportsline.proboards.com/thread/5253/best-teams-louisiana-heading-season

"Who are your top 10 teams statewide this season?

I'll give my top 10.

1. University
2. Catholic BR
3. Zachary
4. Karr
5. Destrehan
6. Curtis
7. West Monroe
8. Warren Easton
9. St. Thomas More
10. John Ehret

University is in a class of its own. Should be a legendary year for them as good as last season. Will be remembered as one of Louisiana's best teams ever. 

Zachary returns the core of its team with speed and talent all over the field from every level of classification-sophomore to senior.

Catholic although lacking major DI talent returns the core of its championship team to be the hands on favorite in DI. "

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Pops said:

Cyclical blip or some more systemic reason?

rummel has been as prominent as any LA team this decade 

calpreps has Rummel Preseason #13 in Louisiana and we will have to fight and scrap every week just to make that happen...

These other teams are seriously talented and deep here this year.

Rummel losing their OC and DC in the last couple years hasn't been a blessing either.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Sometimes it's cool to get some perspective from the locals/state forums. This forum is basically a North La Forum, but I think this guy is from South La, but I'm not sure. I don't post there. Read it every now and again.

That said. I think most of the teams look about right for the most part, not sure about the order. Karr will take a couple steps back this year.  St. Thomas More doesn't look right to me in the Top 10.

http://louisianasportsline.proboards.com/thread/5253/best-teams-louisiana-heading-season

"Who are your top 10 teams statewide this season?

I'll give my top 10.

1. University
2. Catholic BR
3. Zachary
4. Karr
5. Destrehan
6. Curtis
7. West Monroe
8. Warren Easton
9. St. Thomas More
10. John Ehret

University is in a class of its own. Should be a legendary year for them as good as last season. Will be remembered as one of Louisiana's best teams ever. 

Zachary returns the core of its team with speed and talent all over the field from every level of classification-sophomore to senior.

Catholic although lacking major DI talent returns the core of its championship team to be the hands on favorite in DI. "

I can't fault this list at all.

I personally wouldn't have WM Top 10.  But they will wreck all of North LA regardless of what they do with the QB situation so they'll move up.

Evangel loses a TON but will still win 1-5A (talent and coaching).  I can see them on the outside of the Top 10 moving up as the season goes along.

It's the South's year this year though...Especially Baton Rouge area.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

I can't fault this list at all.

I personally wouldn't have WM Top 10.  But they will wreck all of North LA regardless of what they do with the QB situation so they'll move up.

Evangel loses a TON but will still win 1-5A (talent and coaching).  I can see them on the outside of the Top 10 moving up as the season goes along.

It's the South's year this year though...Especially Baton Rouge area.

Tend to agree, many unknowns with WM right now, have to see how the QB is going to perform and if we can find a line to protect him.  Defense should be solid, may have to keep us in games until the offense gels (hopefully)...  but never count us out. Remember, we gave Zachary all they wanted  😜

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

Tend to agree, many unknowns with WM right now, have to see how the QB is going to perform and if we can find a line to protect him.  Defense should be solid, may have to keep us in games until the offense gels (hopefully)...  but never count us out. Remember, we gave Zachary all they wanted  😜

Also note:

The Southern teams are going to beat up on each other.

As stated earlier...University plays both Zachary and Catholic and might run into STM in the playoffs (Provided STM doesn't choke...again).

Zachary and Catholic also play each other.

Destrehan plays John Ehret.

Unless one of these teams runs their gauntlet the teams up north will most likely end up with higher playoff seeds as a result.

Don't be surprised to see West Monroe as a 1 seed on the 5A Public side (Unless Zachary goes unbeaten).  Or a 2-seed at worst depending how good Ruston and Ouachita are (Neither will beat WM).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

calpreps has Rummel Preseason #13 in Louisiana and we will have to fight and scrap every week just to make that happen...

These other teams are seriously talented and deep here this year.

Rummel losing their OC and DC in the last couple years hasn't been a blessing either.

OOOH! CalPreps and excuses,

Secret formula, yo....

For Losers.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Also note:

The Southern teams are going to beat up on each other.

As stated earlier...University plays both Zachary and Catholic and might run into STM in the playoffs (Provided STM doesn't choke...again).

Zachary and Catholic also play each other.

Destrehan plays John Ehret.

Unless one of these teams runs their gauntlet the teams up north will most likely end up with higher playoff seeds as a result.

Don't be surprised to see West Monroe as a 1 seed on the 5A Public side (Unless Zachary goes unbeaten).  Or a 2-seed at worst depending how good Ruston and Ouachita are (Neither will beat WM).

WM plays Ehret too...  and McGill-Toolen...  and Neville  😉

10 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Ehret's the only game that could possibly hurt WMs seeding out of the 3....

Unless yall lose to "that 4A Squad" 😁

and we play that "other 4A Squad" in Mississippi State Champ Noxubee...  they may have been the 2nd best team we played last year behind Zachary  😏