The Pre-Memorial Day Georgia Top Ten

Rufus69

OK Gurus....most everybody is finished with Spring football (except Colquitt) and most everybody has had their Spring game against somebody else (except Colquitt).  It's officially time to look at the potentials for the 2018 season before summer workouts and 7 on tourneys and most of all...before recruiting gets into full swing.  Lime Sink has cranked up the Cray and "Doc" has put together a starting point.  Updates should come mid-August before the season actually starts...but Lord Have Mercy....here we go !!!!!

1.  Grayson

2.  Marietta

3.  McEachern

4.  Brookwood

5.  North Gwinnett

6.  Buford

7.  Lowndes

8.  Lee County

9.  Tucker

10.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

And the runners-ups are:

11.  Archer

12.  Walton

13.  Rome

14.  Colquitt

15.  Camden

Marietta could make a really good run this year.  They got the athletes (legally I'm sure) to do it.  But Grayson has to be the team to beat.  The All Classification Top Ten could very well be interchangeable and there is SOME probability of the runner-ups making a move towards the end of the season (Archer, Walton, Colquitt).  I reckon we'll see.  One rule for the summer.....KEEP EVERYBODY HEALTHY !!!!

Gospel......

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

OK Gurus....most everybody is finished with Spring football (except Colquitt) and most everybody has had their Spring game against somebody else (except Colquitt).  It's officially time to look at the potentials for the 2018 season before summer workouts and 7 on tourneys and most of all...before recruiting gets into full swing.  Lime Sink has cranked up the Cray and "Doc" has put together a starting point.  Updates should come mid-August before the season actually starts...but Lord Have Mercy....here we go !!!!!

1.  Grayson

2.  Marietta

3.  McEachern

4.  Brookwood

5.  North Gwinnett

6.  Buford

7.  Lowndes

8.  Lee County

9.  Tucker

10.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

And the runners-ups are:

11.  Archer

12.  Walton

13.  Rome

14.  Colquitt

15.  Camden

Marietta could make a really good run this year.  They got the athletes (legally I'm sure) to do it.  But Grayson has to be the team to beat.  The All Classification Top Ten could very well be interchangeable and there is SOME probability of the runner-ups making a move towards the end of the season (Archer, Walton, Colquitt).  I reckon we'll see.  One rule for the summer.....KEEP EVERYBODY HEALTHY !!!!

Gospel......

Rufus>>

Lowndes top 10? Smh 

For a top 10 team they sure are scared of playing competitive teams oos

It's embarrassing to watch teams play slappies oos when they could just as easily find some in state

Don't play oos unless you plan to actually find a real opponent 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Lowndes top 10? Smh 

For a top 10 team they sure are scared of playing competitive teams oos

It's embarrassing to watch teams play slappies oos when they could just as easily find some in state

Don't play oos unless you plan to actually find a real opponent 

I’m confused aren’t u a Lowndes alumni??

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Brookwood? Really now?

Lee? Tucker? 

Brookwood & Tucker arent touching the top 10 at all. Brookwood done. They shot their load last year.

Over Archer, Walton, Rome, & Colquitt?

Boy, you be playin' too much.

Lee will be fine.  I got that from the Trojan Horse's mouth.

Tucker will have athletes.  They always do.  This season will be no different.  Tucker/Lee will be a good matchup in the Ship.

Brookwood has God's coach.  But...besides that...they'll be steady.  Don't think they can win it all...but...you never know.

You really need to understand high school football a little better.  Maybe you do...but if you do...you don't post it.

Archer, Walton and Colquitt will be fine.  They'll be around for "nut-cuttin" time...(unless injuries take their toll)

Oh...and Lime Sink never liked Rome.

NEVER !!!!

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I just forwarded your poll to several HCs within the Top 10. Here are their comments:

Not sure about McEachern in the Top 10

NG should be in Top 4

Lowndes lost too much to be 7

Colquit should be Top 6

Rome should be in Top 10

You already heard back from coaches? 

Poll was up less than a hour ago

3 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I’m confused aren’t u a Lowndes alumni??

Down the highway in Lake City,FL theres a HS called Columbia... Columbia is not in GA... 

Although there is a Columbia HS in Dekalb County GA and a Columbia county but Columbia County doesnt have a Columbia HS... theyre to good to follow the Trend of naming a HS after the county... 

No but seriously they dont have a unified district they have 6 HS no singular district each school has its own system in place. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@Rufus69 I just forwarded your poll to several HCs within the Top 10. Here are their comments:

Not sure about McEachern in the Top 10

NG should be in Top 4

Lowndes lost too much to be 7

Colquit should be Top 6

Rome should be in Top 10

Allow me my rebuttal...

Your coaches are wrong.

1.  McEachern is ALWAYS Top Ten.  It's a GHSA law.

2.  NG should be Top Ten...maybe...maybe not.  You can argue it all day.

3.  Lowndes lost too much to be No.7......whoever said that don't knoow a durn thing about the Vikings.

4.  Colquitt should be Top 6.....so you're telling me Rush was one of the coaches...LOL.

5.  Rome should be in the Top 10....Lime Sink doesn't like Shorty Reid.  PERIOD.

GOSPEL....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Allow me my rebuttal...

Your coaches are wrong.

3.  Lowndes lost too much to be No.7......whoever said that don't knoow a durn thing about the Vikings.

4.  Colquitt should be Top 6.....so you're telling me Rush was one of the coaches...LOL.

5.  Rome should be in the Top 10....Lime Sink doesn't like Shorty Reid.  PERIOD.

GOSPEL....

Rufus>>

One thing to know about the Vikings 

They will only play FL scraps these days because they don't want to get NORCROSSED by a FL school at home 

😂 

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Allow me my rebuttal...

Your coaches are wrong.

GOSPEL....

Rufus>>

Tift beat Colquitt last year and I didnt get my pig rufus.... 

I want my pig... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

One thing to know about the Vikings 

They will only play FL scraps these days because they don't want to get NORCROSSED by a FL school at home 

😂

Ima tell you from experience... idc how good you are you dont walk into Martin Stadium and just put a beatdown on the vikings thats a tall order... 

That place is a straight madhouse about as hostile as a college stadium...

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ima tell you from experience... idc how good you are you dont walk into Martin Stadium and just put a beatdown on the vikings thats a tall order... 

That place is a straight madhouse about as hostile as a college stadium...

How many times have they faced a top 25 nationally team there? 

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Allow me my rebuttal...

Your coaches are wrong.

GOSPEL....

Rufus>>

I heard Rome picked up where they left off in their spring game. Of course that hellacious D-Line is gone, but they still looked great, nontheless. 

I picked colquitt to win state this year, but grayson, marietta, archer and north gwinnett are won't go away without a fight.....especially since all 4 of those teams return a LOT of D1 talent. 

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How many times have they faced a top 25 nationally team there? 

Can't tell you the number, but I do know they played Northside (GA) when they were ranked high in the nation. This was during the Greg Reid/Telvin Smith era (mostly Greg Reid tho). Both Northside and Lowndes were highly ranked in the nation in 08. 

• Like 1

Northside WR needs Conrad Nix back... 

Damn those Northside WR squads where fearsome. 

That 2008 & 2009 Northside WR was great but 2009 was one of the weirdest years for GA. You know how it was weird... 

Northside WR was ranked in the national top 10 with Camden in the national top 10 also... Camden Dogwalked Northside WR 34-3... Northside WR defense had been a brickwall to say the least all damn year then they got to Camden and it all fell apart...