Who wins the NBA finals how many games?

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

I do take stats into account to a extent 

But I'm not going to make LeBron better than Jordan just because some stats by LeBron are better in a more offensive happy league

Defenses have never been better than they are today. The league went away from ISO ball though, which created no player movement.

And honestly can you name 1 team in the east run that LeBron had of 8 straight eastern conference wins that would have been able to beat the bad boy pistons

The 2012 Celtics would do just fine, especially in todays rules against that team. With the 80's rules, who would guard Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett in ISO plays?

But realistically speaking, has LeBron faced anyone in this east run at the level of the pistons teams that used to beat Jordan apart? 

See above

This is why LeBron is not a all time great team winner.

Jordon built a dynasty at the Bulls.

Bird at Boston.

Magic at LA.

No other greats will put up with LeBron's crap.  He does not have ability to unite a group of players long term at a high level.  

What Bill Russell had LeBron lacks.

Other great who have what LeBron lacks Derek Jeter,  Larry Bird, Ken Stabler, Wayne Gretzy.

Can anyone imagine if the NFL had rules that you had to play man on WR's and double team the WR before the play or there would be a penalty for illegal defense?

Then in 2001 the NFL said, you can do whatever you want on defense, and people saying that defense before was much better and tougher before the rule.

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Defenses have never been better than they are today. The league went away from ISO ball though, which created no player movement.

The 2012 Celtics would do just fine, especially in todays rules against that team. With the 80's rules, who would guard Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett in ISO plays?

See above

80's rules they would just tackle.

The Celtics 0f the 80's and the bad boys pistons would physically beat up LeBron.

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Can anyone imagine if the NFL had rules that you had to play man on WR's and double team the WR before the play or there would be a penalty for illegal defense?

Then in 2001 the NFL said, you can do whatever you want on defense, and people saying that defense before was much better and tougher before the rule.

No it was tougher because of teams like the pistons would have no problem taking your head off in the paint

Doubt players these days could last long getting slammed like they did back then

9 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

See above

Never been better?? 

I would like to see who if anyone today would have the balls to go into the paint against bad boy pistons 

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

80's rules they would just tackle.

The Celtics 0f the 80's and the bad boys pistons would physically beat up LeBron.

The Pistons physically were using hard fouls, due to the no flagrant fouls.

Anyone thinking that Rodman,Sally, Bird, or Johnson are going to beat up Lebron are delusional.

The meanest of the bad boys

https://youtu.be/-G1_JdvSs3w

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

No it was tougher because of teams like the pistons would have no problem taking your head off in the paint

Doubt players these days could last long getting slammed like they did back then

You keep using one team. So one team and their dirty tactics in the 80s make defenses from the 90s and 80s tougher?

21 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Total yards is longevity. I don't use stats like that to say LBJ is the GOAT. LBJ is the GOAT cause no player influences a basketball game in so many ways like he does/has. Jordan was a scorer first and foremost, and played in the perfect era for his skill set(The illegal defense ISO age).

And yet no one can stop comparing LeBron to Jordan 

Even LeBron biggest fans can't let lebron escape his shadow

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Never been better?? 

I didn't stutter. I just gave a perfect football analogy

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

I would like to see who if anyone today would have the balls to go into the paint against bad boy pistons 

Yea, because a guy that's 6'8 260 is going to be bullied by some 6'5 208 pound guy(Dantley).

Iso ball, would leave the paint wide open

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You keep using one team. So one team and their dirty tactics in the 80s make defenses from the 90s and 80s tougher?

And the fact of the matter is i use that one team because I don't need to use any others to make my argument 

Fact of matter is none of these east teams LeBron has beaten would have been able to beat those 80s pistons in a 7 game series

Just now, Columbiafan said:

It may be illegal now but it was part of the game in that era

It was legal up until 91. Yet, you keep using them as a staple of Jordan's era. He didn't beat the Pistons during that timeframe. You use the 90's and this rough defense, and the rules you cite aren't even legal in that timeframe.

Just now, Columbiafan said:

And the fact of the matter is i use that one team because I don't need to use any others to make my argument 

Fact of matter is none of these east teams LeBron has beaten would have been able to beat those 80s pistons in a 7 game series

I just gave you a team with 3 sure shot HOF and one other that is on the border that would have a great chance at beating  the Pistons. .

Just now, steeler01 said:

It was legal up until 91. Yet, you keep using them as a staple of Jordan's era. He didn't beat the Pistons during that timeframe. You use the 90's and this rough defense, and the rules you cite aren't even legal in that timeframe.

The dominate pistons teams were prior to 91, in fact did they even win a championship in the 90s

Here's your top teams

Top of my head starting units

Supersonics

Kemp

Payton

Sam Perkins

Detlef Schrempf

Kendall Gill

Suns

Kevin Johnson

Barkley

Majerle

Oliver Miller

Danny AInge

Blazers

Buck Williams

Terry Porter

Clyde Drexler

Duckworth

Other guy escapes me

Knicks

Oakley

Ewing

Starks

Mason

Ward I think

Rockets

Olajuwon

Thorpe

Vernon Maxwell

Mario Ellie

Sam Cassell

2nd time they added Clyde and lost Vernon Maxwell

Heat

Tim Hardaway

Zo Mourning

Voshon Leonard

2 other players

Magic(Lost to them, and then added Rodman)

O' Neal

Penny Hardaway

Dennis Scott

Horace Grant

Last guy escapes me

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Here's your top teams

Top of my head starting units

Supersonics

Kemp

Payton

Sam Perkins

Detlef Schrempf

Kendall Gill

Suns

Kevin Johnson

Barkley

Majerle

Oliver Miller

Danny AInge

Blazers

Buck Williams

Terry Porter

Clyde Drexler

Duckworth

Other guy escapes me

Knicks

Oakley

Ewing

Starks

Mason

Ward I think

Rockets

Olajuwon

Thorpe

Vernon Maxwell

Mario Ellie

Sam Cassell

2nd time they added Clyde and lost Vernon Maxwell

Heat

Tim Hardaway

Zo Mourning

Voshon Leonard

2 other players

Magic(Lost to them, and then added Rodman)

O' Neal

Penny Hardaway

Dennis Scott

Horace Grant

Last guy escapes me

Several good squads there 

It's the definition of talent being spread out, these days their only a few good teams