Grayson is rolling out an app

94Packer

I don’t think it would be a violation of any rules as long as  it doesn’t have direct links to contact players and even if there were links as long as the player is a junior and it’s not a no contact period there is no problem with it. It’s just a easy way to find players from a particular school and probably easier to navigate through than twitter

47 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

I don’t think it would be a violation of any rules as long as  it doesn’t have direct links to contact players and even if there were links as long as the player is a junior and it’s not a no contact period there is no problem with it. It’s just a easy way to find players from a particular school and probably easier to navigate through than twitter

I haven't been to the site. How would it be any different than colleges recruiting via 247 and the other outlets?

4 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Because it is Gwinnett.

I guess you look at it like I did when Archer got a national ranking after being open for on 5 years with 2 winning seasons and not even a state title. 

Because it is Gwinnett

Don’t forget it....

Because Clayton County....

SUCKS.....

And everybody knows it from services to rampant corruption. And known for a damn long time.

You're welcome, place your head back the sand. 

Certified Asshole

17 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I haven't been to the site. How would it be any different than colleges recruiting via 247 and the other outlets?

I think just an easier way of consolidating prospects from a particular school. I haven’t seen the app yet myself but I can see vast possibilities for it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

I think just an easier way of consolidating prospects from a particular school. I haven’t seen the app yet myself but I can see vast possibilities for it

I can see the benefits for the Grayson players, I was more or less inquiring how it would cause issues for the NCAA.

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

And if players from other schools see and are drawn to it?

meaning find it interesting and want to be part of such a program?

Yeah I think you missed the premise on this I don’t think an app is going to draw players to the school. as recruits it’s a great recruiting too for potential college players. Grayson is just tapping the keg on a potentially extremely valuable too in college recruiting. I see the potential in it. 

Everyone is assuming it is a Grayson sponsored app.  I believe it is a Kenyatta Watson app to assist him in his efforts to get kids looked at.  If it works, I would expect to see it duplicated somewhere else in perhaps a more generic form.  i could of course be sadly mistaken about this.  I'm breaking bread with Coach in a few days and I'll ask about it then.

• Like 1

I like this app idea. Kenyatta and Grayson are finding ways to push the envelope and stay right on the ragged edge imo.

It's announced to be a recruiting tool for colleges to easier find players and stats, but, we all know that Archer kids, Buford kids, Peachtree Ridge kids etc. etc. etc. can look at it also. They can see who's there, how good they are etc. which will help them decide to go to Grayson this season or next or whatever also. 

Pretty brilliant actually. It cuts out the kids recruiting each other via social media and text. It cuts out the need for adults to say things that "aren't really recruiting" but equal the welcome mat getting rolled out. 

It's a good idea from numerous angles and his tweet is right. Everyone else is playing catch up in this gathering talent game.