Let's not forget

Cossacks

4 hours ago, Cossacks said:

74 years ago, these heroes helped changed the landscape of the world.

CD4728D8-723D-4BE3-B18A-E9DDE79E6698.jpeg

91420B03-C288-49BF-9EB4-44D04CD56DFB.jpeg

I am surprised so very few individuals that post here, seemed to have respected this post. This to me is troubling and symptomatic of where we seem to be as a country. 

We would rather howl at the news of the day than reflect on the sacrifices those that came before made!

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

I am surprised so very few individuals that post here, seemed to have respected this post. This to me is troubling and symptomatic of where we seem to be as a country. 

We would rather howl at the news of the day than reflect on the sacrifices those that came before made!

Could not be better said

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Rant:

There are certain individuals that THiNK something is owed to them...that is a MAJOR function as to what’s wrong with this country:  Resentment and entitlement. SN, cajun, and the rest of the hysterical, middle school girl posse all have 10,000 effing  posts each about Trump, Russians, and hookers. But ZERO posts about showing empathy and sympathy for the men and women who were permanently maimed or made the ultimate sacrifice so they can live freely in this land of alleged “social injustice”. Those Soldiers, Marines, and Sailors that stormed the beaches of Normandy on June 6, 1944 did NOT have color, race, sexual preferences, nor ethnicity in mind as they and their brothers were chopped to pieces by machine gun fire trying to preserve our freedoms and stop a facist and genocidal movement of an (ironically) left wing NAZI regime. If certain A-holes in this counyry and this forum don’t realize that despite ALLEGED “social injustice”, there are thousands upon thousands of military personnel and cilvilians who died to preserve our way of life...the western civilization way of life, no matter if you like it or not....thd USA is still the crown jewel of this world. President Trump did don’t change that in 1 year despite what the hysterical school girl posse thinks.  And this is not to mention the 250k nothern soldiers that died trying to halt a succession from the union in 1865. I’ve been to Normandy, Pearl Harbor, Gettysburg, and Hanoi over the years....I get disgusted to see entitled punks who act like they’ve got some plight against our country when I think about what that day, June 6, 1944, musta looked like. This is just yet another reason as to why NFL spoiled brat players need to find another way to protest. 

Did you ever serve in the military?

i won’t comment on the rest of your posts as this is a memorial thread. 

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Did you ever serve in the military?

i won’t comment on the rest of your posts as this is a memorial thread. 

Yes. I was in the Navy. I was an 8404 HM3. The Marines on this board will know what that is. Never in combat though. I’m also  a military buff, mostly about WW2. My father was a Nam vet. 

And you’re right. This is a memorial thread. Regardlesss of my personal feeling, I shoulda left my rant out of it. 

Respectfully,

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Yes. I was in the Navy. I was an 8404 HM3. The Marines on this board will know what that is. Never in combat though. I’m also  a military buff, mostly about WW2. My father was a Nam vet. 

And you’re right. This is a memorial thread. Regardlesss of my personal feeling, I shoulda left my rant out of it. 

Respectfully,

Not a problem, your history/experience explains your enthusiasm and it’s appreciated. That’s why I asked

Cheers

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

This is very symptomatic of where we are going as a country. As FPB said, " the greatest generation" ( not withstanding the horrendous racial inequities of the period ). 

I surely didn't comment due to it is a tribute to those great warriors.  But to declare them the greatest generation could very well be debated and articulately proven they were in fact not "the greatest Generation".  But I digress and I do applaud their bravery and fighting prowess on Normandy:  

My Grandfather's stories to me didn't endear me to feel he grew up in the Greatest Generation. 

• Like 1