The 80's Celtics and the Bad Boy Pistons would physically beat down the Cavs or GS.

HooverOutlaw

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Against a Cleveland team that was a 4 seed in the east.  Don't forget that fact.

Even if someone can make argument the warriors would beat them there is something that i doubt anyone is dumb enough to attempt to argue

That the East was much better conference back then versus it now

You may as well have handed the Warriors the nba finals trophy the moment they beat the rockets in game 7

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I don't think you watched a lick of Celtics basketball in the 80's.

It doesn't fucking matter.

Stop trying to make a false equivalency.

The Warriors would play a style of basketball that the Celtics have never seen before and countering it would cost them almost all of their advantages.

Even if they decided to go small, they'd be playing the best small ball team of all-time.

They'd lose either way.

11 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Now you're just making stuff up.

Like you lied about what I said earlier.

This is desperation.

No you are making assumptions which is what this whole thread is.  You are assuming that two of the greatest basketball players ever are just going to watch a team run by them having faced a Lakers team who runs, runs runs.  And you assume that GS is going to be on fire from the 3 which they have only shot great in 1 game but assume Bird and Ainge who are themselves two of the best shooters ever are going to miss everything.  We are talking about basketball genius who are still involved in the league today.  You are assuming they wouldn't and couldn't adjust.

10 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

No you are making assumptions which is what this whole thread is.  You are assuming that two of the greatest basketball players ever are just going to watch a team run by them having faced a Lakers team who runs, runs runs.  And you assume that GS is going to be on fire from the 3 which they have only shot great in 1 game but assume Bird and Ainge who are themselves two of the best shooters ever are going to miss everything.  We are talking about basketball genius who are still involved in the league today.  You are assuming they wouldn't and couldn't adjust.

Boston just wasn't athletic enough to hang with GS. Boston was stuff and robotic. They played a half court game for Christ sake. 

They'd have zero chance against the mighty Dubs!

4 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Boston just wasn't athletic enough to hang with GS. Boston was stuff and robotic. They played a half court game for Christ sake. 

They'd have zero chance against the mighty Dubs!

They averaged 110 a game.  You are posting just to post.  Showtime Lakers averaged 117 a game.  What do you think they were doing with the basketball?

27 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

No you are making assumptions which is what this whole thread is.  You are assuming that two of the greatest basketball players ever are just going to watch a team run by them having faced a Lakers team who runs, runs runs.

I'm saying the greatest shooting team of all-time is going to shoot lights out a team that's never seen their kind of basketball isn't going to matchup with it.

You're just assuming that the Celtics/Lakers will just do their thing and be fine.

You're ASSuming. I'm not.

28 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

And you assume that GS is going to be on fire from the 3 which they have only shot great in 1 game but assume Bird and Ainge who are themselves two of the best shooters ever are going to miss everything.

They don't have to be on fire. They play a style of basketball that no team from the 80s can even fathom.

Here's you lying again.

I never said they would miss everything. I said they didn't even shoot threes.

Ainge averaged less than one three point attempt a game.

What is it that you're missing here?

Why are you so stupid on this?

4 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

I'm saying the greatest shooting team of all-time is going to shoot lights out a team that's never seen their kind of basketball isn't going to matchup with it.

You're just assuming that the Celtics/Lakers will just do their thing and be fine.

You're ASSuming. I'm not.

You’re consistent, I’ll give you that. 

But you’re still clueless. 

Regards,

C.A.

37 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

We are talking about basketball genius who are still involved in the league today.  You are assuming they wouldn't and couldn't adjust.

They were such geniuses that they didn't shoot any threes during their careers.

Ainge averaged less than one attempt per game in 1986.

is this registering with you?

They didn't shoot threes.

How would they adjust? They didn't even understand the three point shot.

You just think that one night they're going to see the Warriors and go "Oh, we better shoot 15 threes tonight."

You're deluded.

18 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

They averaged 110 a game.  You are posting just to post.  Showtime Lakers averaged 117 a game.  What do you think they were doing with the basketball?

They didn't play smart basketball.

That's what we know for certain.

Also, I find it funny that people like you both talk about how much better and physical the defense was back then but then talk about how everybody averaged 110 points a game.

Which one is it? Was the defense great or were the offenses great?

1 minute ago, Goldmember said:

They were such geniuses that they didn't shoot any threes during their careers.

Ainge averaged less than one attempt per game i 1986.

is this registering with you?

They didn't shoot threes.

How would they adjust? They didn't even understand the three point shot.

You just think that one night they're going to see the Warriors and go "Oh, we better shoot 15 threes tonight."

You're deluded.

You have obviously never been an athlete who competed against someone.  They wouldn't even have to adjust.  The 80's Celtics wouldn't have any 12 to 18 point quarters against GS.  They would just get bucket after bucket while Golden State continues to jack up 3s and dig a whole that they wouldn't get out of.  Same if they were playing those Shaq led Lakers.  Go ahead and keep jacking up 3's while we throw it down to shaq for the sure 2.  let me guess, Draymond Green is going to hold down Shaq?

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

They would just get bucket after bucket while Golden State continues to jack up 3s and dig a whole that they wouldn't get out of.  Same if they were playing those Shaq led Lakers.  Go ahead and keep jacking up 3's while we throw it down to shaq for the sure 2.  let me guess, Draymond Green is going to hold down Shaq?

The teams in a hole would be the Lakers/Celtics when they tried to trade 2's for 3's.

You're hopeless.

First you lied about what I said. Then you claimed that Danny Ainge and Larry Bird were among the greatest shooters of all-time but the Warriors have three shooters that are better.

18 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

They didn't play smart basketball.

That's what we know for certain.

Also, I find it funny that people like you both talk about how much better and physical the defense was back then but then talk about how everybody averaged 110 points a game.

Which one is it? Was the defense great or were the offenses great?

Quote me where I said they played much better and physical defense back then.  I came into this thread talking about how certain teams match up.  

Lie again! 

You so discombobulated that you everywhere.  I even said the Pistons don't match up.  

Lie Again

Just now, Goldmember said:

The teams in a hole would be the Lakers/Celtics when they tried to trade 2's for 3's.

You're hopeless.

First you lied about what I said. Then you claimed that Danny Ainge and Larry Bird were among the greatest shooters of all-time but the Warriors have three shooters that are better.

Quote me and we'll see who's the fibber.