The 80's Celtics and the Bad Boy Pistons would physically beat down the Cavs or GS.

HooverOutlaw

45 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

LeBron after the Pistons beat on him for a few games would give up.  The Celtics would have stopped those bull run lay ups Robert Parrish and McHale slowly would have made him stay out of the lane. 

Doubtful. Players and bigger, faster, and stronger now.  Much better athletes. 

Just because the physical play was allowed then and isn't now, doesn't mean the players of today wouldn't dominate those of yesterday. 

The Warriors would blow out the teams of the 80s and 90s in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Yea Steph and klay are physical specimens. 

Dumbass. 

They would run circles around unathletic players from the 80s trying to throw elbows. 

Those players worked at supermarkets on the off season. Klay and Steph pkay year round and are the two greatest shooters of all times. 

Enjoy greatness and the 3rd ring. 

It taste so good. 

7 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Can list all the 80's NBA players who worked at grocery stores.

You are missing the point.

The point is that players in the 80s, although they played physical, were not the professional athletes of today. It's not close. Apple's to oranges. 

The Warriors would have rolled the teams in the 80s. 

A fun little fact- in a hypothetical match against the Jordan Bulls, the Wariors would be significantly favored per Vegas. 

The best team ever. 

20180607_202210.png

It’s all about the rules. What rules are being used? If the 80s Celtics/Lakers had to play by today’s rules, the Dubs would crush them. The athlete of the 80s can’t compare to the athlete of today...in general. If they played by the 80s rules and the score was in the 80-100 range, I say the dudes with big Afros and daisy dukes win.👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Doubtful. Players and bigger, faster, and stronger now.  Much better athletes

Seriously. None of those weaklings on GS could handle Shaq, Barkley, Lambier, Rollins, McHale, Malone.......

Curry is a premier free throw shooter though.

44 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Seriously. None of those weaklings on GS could handle Shaq, Barkley, Lambier, Rollins, McHale, Malone.......

Nobody can guard Shaq in his prime one on one,  but that's why those rules sucked. Now a days you can front the guy before he even gets the ball in the low post. You couldn't do that before.  The rules have changed the game for the better. You can't just keep attacking one on one match ups with the coach only being able to double the guy when he has the ball. 

How would you feel if you could only play man defense on a WR or double him before the play? No zone, zone blitzes, or having robbers etc...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, On2whls said:

....and what exactly would Shaq, Rolllins, Lambert, etc do on defense? Guard Durant? Switch onto Klay? Guard Steph out on the perimeter? It goes both ways, bro. They wouldn’t have clue as to how to guard them. Dubs would be raining uncontested threes on those guys all day. That said, Shaq would be a handful on defense for GS. McHale had a skill set that could probably land him a job today. Same with Barkley. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

and what exactly would Shaq, Rolllins, Lambert, etc do on defense? Guard Durant? Switch onto Klay? Guard Steph out on the perimeter? It goes both ways, bro. They wouldn’t have clue as to how to guard them. Dubs would be raining uncontested threes on those guys all day. That said, Shaq would be a handful on defense for GS. McHale had a skill set that could probably land him a job today. Same with Barkley. 

If you’re a fan of dunks and threes no problem.  The game has changed to suit what the majority wants to see. I simply prefer older school basketball, except for the shorts of course.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Doubtful. Players and bigger, faster, and stronger now.  Much better athletes. 

Just because the physical play was allowed then and isn't now, doesn't mean the players of today wouldn't dominate those of yesterday. 

The Warriors would blow out the teams of the 80s and 90s in my opinion. 

No way in hell

Win maybe but blowout nope

And honestly forget warriors for a second,  there hasn't been that many teams in the east in past decade that LeBron has faced that compares to these elites back then 

The league as a whole is watered down because instead of 1 or 2 stars being on a team and working towards building a championship team from ground up the stars just group up at a few teams and go from there

League had better depth back then

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, On2whls said:

If you’re a fan of dunks and threes no problem.  The game has changed to suit what the majority wants to see. I simply prefer older school basketball, except for the shorts of course.  

I like 3s and dunks. I’m not gonna lie. But like you I also like good basketball as well. That’s what cool about the Warriors, they’ve got a good midrange game. They’re the one team that plays all phases of the game well. Houston’s close. But they are what you’re talking about...3s and dunks...oh and free throws. You’re right though, the game is called the way today’s fans want it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

No way in hell

Win maybe but blowout nope

And honestly forget warriors for a second,  there hasn't been that many teams in the east in past decade that LeBron has faced that compares to these elites back then 

The league as a whole is watered down because instead of 1 or 2 stars being on a team and working towards building a championship team from ground up the stars just group up at a few teams and go from there

League had better depth back then

Vegas even agrees. The best team of that era, the Bulls, would be 6 point dogs to the Dubs. 

6 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I like 3s and dunks. I’m not gonna lie. But like you I also like good basketball as well. That’s what cool about the Warriors, they’ve got a good midrange game. They’re the one team that plays all phases of the game well. Houston’s close. But they are what you’re talking about...3s and dunks...oh and free throws. You’re right though, the game is called the way today’s fans want it.

Ball movement is key. The game was MUCH SLOWER in the 80s and 90s. No way they could play at the Dubs pace AND defend the 3 point line. They barely had to defend the 3 back then because people didn't really shoot the 3. It was still sort if an anomaly. The court was smaller and allowed them to play a physical game. 

In today's game- Dubs by 15. 

I am so glad the era of ISO is over. Ball movement sins. East Coast hero ball is dead. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Vegas even agrees. The best team of that era, the Bulls, would be 6 point dogs to the Dubs. 

It’s 4:15am ... how much of a fucking loser are you hahahaha 😭🤪.   Please go out and make money dude 

ur not gonna  progress in life when you ur on prep gridiron at 415 on a Friday... what an idiot 

10 hours ago, Blueliner said:

It’s all about the rules. What rules are being used? If the 80s Celtics/Lakers had to play by today’s rules, the Dubs would crush them. The athlete of the 80s can’t compare to the athlete of today...in general. If they played by the 80s rules and the score was in the 80-100 range, I say the dudes with big Afros and daisy dukes win.👍

The great teams in the 80's were putting up 110 to 115 in regulation.  Those weren't walking the ball up the court.  It's all about match ups.  The Celtics and the Lakers ran most of the game in the 80's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

And vegas also thought auburn beats ucf in bowl game 

Vegas also had auburn in 2013 iron bowl 

Vegas also had LSU over Troy this year 

Again Vegas has been wrong plenty of times and since these teams couldn't play they aren't risking anything