And the decision from SCOTUS on unions

HSFBfan

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Everyone knew this was coming. SCOTUS decisions have been spot on. The largest teacher union is expected to lose 300000 members and billions of dollars. Scream at the sky starts now??

yea..that's a good thing huh?...now we can lower their salary's  even lower than they are.....O.o

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Huff Post is not wrong - public unions did just get knifed.  Red letter day!!!  Alito left no doubt - “Abood (prior decision) is OVERRULED”.

People are gonna see more money on their paychecks instead of losing 600 or more dollars per year to union dues.

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

LMFAO this ruling means nothing. People shouldn't have to contribute if they don't want to anyways. 

It should be noted that almost 100 percent of union based employers e joy nearly 100 percent membership, even by choice. 

Fake win. Go unions! Go wages!

Because they had to fork over the fees anyways.  Now they get a choice - and may choose to leave and not pay anything.

Late start today, huh?

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Because they had to fork over the fees anyways.  Now they get a choice - and may choose to leave and not pay anything.

Late start today, huh?

I'd MUCH rather pay a small union fee for job and wage protection than pay nothing and leave it up to the employer to do the right thing. 

Wages flatlined in America when the unions declined. Fact. 

It baffles me that those on the right would prefer low wages and cheap labor. 

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I'd MUCH rather pay a small union fee for job and wage protection than pay nothing and leave it up to the employer to do the right thing. 

You are not everyone.  Some of these employees have a different opinion than you.  Now they are not coerced.

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

You are not everyone.  Some of these employees have a different opinion than you.  Now they are not coerced.

I agree. They shouldn't be forced to. But the significance of this decision is practically nothing. Near 100 percent of employees would choose to pay union dues. 

So it appeases the maybe 1 or 2 people in the crowd. Sure. Cool!

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I agree. They shouldn't be forced to. But the significance of this decision is practically nothing. Near 100 percent of employees would choose to pay union dues. 

So it appeases the maybe 1 or 2 people in the crowd. Sure. Cool!

Unions would not have fought this so hard if only 1 or 2 people were going to leave.  This is all about money.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Unions would not have fought this so hard if only 1 or 2 people were going to leave.  This is all about money.

Unions don't want to lose money just like anyone else doesn't want to lose money. 

But people advocating for the abolishment of unions are idiots. People wonder why employers continue to offer stagnant wages and shittier benefits every year. 

What a concept! Abolish the unions! Wages and benefits will someday go higher I hope! Lolll

Dudes literally voting against their own interests. 

15 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Because the right is the party of the rich, what's so baffling about it?

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Because the right is the party of the rich, what's so baffling about it?

The right has convinced the uneducated that unions are bad. 

They are peddling this message to advocate for themselves so they can freely offer shitty wages, no job protection, and horrible benefits. 

When unions were at their peak, middle class America was at their peak. Employers were forced to do the right thing. Everyone made money on both sides. 

Arguing against ones own interests is truly baffling.