Ohio

Canes1975

13 hours ago, OdbCle said:

Not in order just yet, but my top five at this point would likely consist of some sort of combination of Ed's, Ignatius, Colerain, Hoban, and PC.  

13 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

That’s about right the way I see it

Agree with you both. Haven't paid much attention in the off-season, but wonder about PC.....weren't they mostly all seniors last year? Obviously Crenshaw back will be huge, but will they have enough besides him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

Agree with you both. Haven't paid much attention in the off-season, but wonder about PC.....weren't they mostly all seniors last year? Obviously Crenshaw back will be huge, but will they have enough besides him?

I'm with you on PC. I thought they lost a ton. Maybe they just reloaded. I don't know.

I do know that when I watched Colerain last year they had a lot of sophomores and juniors on the field. I don't know if they will be the most talented of those five teams listed, but they should bring back the most experience, and it's not like they aren't talented.

6 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Their entire offensive line was seniors.  That is a huge loss.  They play a lot of kids at their skill spots so they seem to never have any drop off there.  They return pieces back from every section of their defense and they always have solid db's because they play so many in games.  They are also always very well coached with athletes.  I look at PC like I look at Colerain now.  You are going to have to go out and beat them with a better team because they won't beat themselves.

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

Their entire offensive line was seniors.  That is a huge loss.  They play a lot of kids at their skill spots so they seem to never have any drop off there.  They return pieces back from every section of their defense and they always have solid db's because they play so many in games.  They are also always very well coached with athletes.  I look at PC like I look at Colerain now.  You are going to have to go out and beat them with a better team because they won't beat themselves.

I agree. They seem to have established themselves as a program capable of reloading. There also seems to be some growing resentment in the Pickerington area and beyond as Central has become the premier destination for football talent, and they manage to matriculate there regardless of traditional boundaries. 

O-line is definitely the question mark. That won them the championship last year where they manhandled a good Mentor d-line, allowing Crenshaw to take over. 

9 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Nice post here and I agree 

in HSFB a qb can carry a team and Crenshaw as a junior will

the Hoban qb is special also and only a Soph

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 12:08 PM, OdbCle said:

Not in order just yet, but my top five at this point would likely consist of some sort of combination of Ed's, Ignatius, Colerain, Hoban, and PC.  

I see the Eagles Kent received a Scolly offer from Michigan. He’s got like 10 D1 offers already after being the MVP WR of the Michigan camp.

Coledesar to follow to Michigan in dads footsteps

On 7/6/2018 at 9:35 PM, hardhit1 said:

I see the Eagles Kent received a Scolly offer from Michigan. He’s got like 10 D1 offers already after being the MVP WR of the Michigan camp.

Coledesar to follow to Michigan in dads footsteps

Kent is one of the top receivers in the state, and he should have a great senior season.  The Michigan offer was a bit of a surprise and was his first (and only) Power 5 offer to date. I think most of the other big programs are concerned about his slight build. He has the skills, but will need to transform his body to compete at the highest level of college football. 

Has Kolesar been offered, or does he plan on walking on there? He's another guy who I love as a high school player, but don't think he has the body to compete at the high D1 level. Last I heard he was leaning towards the Ivy League route. 

Based on numbers, coaching, and tradition, X is usually a lock for any Ohio preseason top 10. They may have the best prospect in the state in class of '20 OT Paris Johnson. I need to hear more about what they have coming back (particularly who is replacing Chase Wolf) before I know where to place them. 

Reading this thread and then re-watching the state championship game, I'm leaning toward Pick Central as the best team in the state, with Hoban second. Crenshaw is a beast, and like nptb said, they play a lot of different skill kids. Love the Carter kid at DT, too. And even though the OL graduated, there are some guys coming back who didn't start but did get meaningful time. But overall I see a good year for Ohio.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Reading this thread and then re-watching the state championship game, I'm leaning toward Pick Central as the best team in the state, with Hoban second. Crenshaw is a beast, and like nptb said, they play a lot of different skill kids. Love the Carter kid at DT, too. And even though the OL graduated, there are some guys coming back who didn't start but did get meaningful time. But overall I see a good year for Ohio.

I still have Hoban #1 since they bring a bunch back and QB was only a freshman last year. Did you watch the D2 title game?

Although PC will be good since Crenshaw can carry them.

I have Hoban, PC, Ed's, and then Colerain/Iggy .

The first 4 weeks will be a tell with Hoban playing Iggy & Wayne. PC playing Phillips, il and Trotwood Madison who beat them last year. Eds plays Mentor, Cass Tech, Erie Prep and travels to Elder at the Pit. Iggy plays Hoban, Mentor, Euclid.

And what about Mentor if they beat both Eds & Iggy?

Adam, yes Ohio looks to have a good year. Perhaps we can flip a coin this year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

I still have Hoban #1 since they bring a bunch back and QB was only a freshman last year. Did you watch the D2 title game?

The first 4 weeks will be a tell with Hoban playing Iggy & Wayne. PC playing Phillips, il and Trotwood Madison who beat them last year. Eds plays Mentor, Cass Tech, Erie Prep and travels to Elder at the Pit. Iggy plays Hoban, Mentor, Euclid.

No, I did not see the D2 title game. I saw a lot of Hoban highlights and know they bring back enough to warrant the hype they're getting.

Yeah, this is a "coin flip" type of year, so it will be fun to see it play out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

And for more early season fun, Colerain opens with LaSalle and St. Xavier.  "New" QB for the Cards this year as 2-year "starter" Gunnar Leyendecker moves on to Davidson.

Will be another great year in Ohio.

-93CardinalsFan

• Like 1