Trump refers to EU as a foe ....

Bormio

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

We have a lot of allies throughout the EU.  Those allies have shed blood WITH us and hold the values that we use to say we had but not currently. Allies must mean something.  Russia is not our ally and not our friend and they want to weaken the US.  Why would we want to kiss Putin's ass?  

Although, if Russia was to be our friend then Trump might then treat them like an ass like he does to our current friends.  But not likely since Putin now runs the Repub party and Trump. 

This is truely and ignorant comment. Seriously, if you or anyone believes this one bit, your insane. 

32 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

This is truely and ignorant comment. Seriously, if you or anyone believes this one bit, your insane. 

The left really buys into this crap.

Hillary's face plant loss has driven them batshit.

You can't have a rational (let alone intelligent) discussion with people like this.

42 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Ok, let's take off our partisan hats for a minute and look at it objectively,  if Russian meddling is true and accurate and runs as deep as reports are leading then WHY do you think their efforts were focused on gaining election for the Rep?  (As supported by the senate intelligence committee, the FBI, NSA and CIA)

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Ok, let's take off our partisan hats for a minute and look at it objectively,  if Russian meddling is true and accurate and runs as deep as reports are leading then WHY do you think their efforts were focused on gaining election for the Rep?  

To scuff up the side everyone thought would win - including them.

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

To scuff up the side everyone thought would win - including them.

Aaahh, so you think with their overall goal of reshaping the geopolitical landscape with the efforts from the highly clandestine and trained KGB, it boiled down to nothing more than an eeny-meeny-miny-moe approach to poke, prod and tease one side?  Yes, that makes perfect sense. 

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

Outside of the U.K., no country in Europe is relevant when it comes to most of the world’s flashpoints. They are either unwilling or unable to play a significant role.  They have all been losing population - at least until Muslim immigration accelerated.  Russia is important in matters concerning the Middle East, war on terror and vis a vis China.  Plus they are interested in being a significant military power - a fact we cannot overlook.  Putin has serious flaws and could end up being an implacable enemy - but he is not Hitler or Stalin - or even the old Communist regime in the Soviet Union.  We need to deal with him because Russia is a player.

Disagree with the part about Russia being a player.  A shrinking population, economic stagnation apart from oil and gas, a military that is better than those in its immediate sphere but not that great on the world stage, endemic corruption, etc. 

They’re a player only to the extent we allow them to be.  Which to be honest has gone on far too long.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Disagree with the part about Russia being a player.  A shrinking population, economic stagnation apart from oil and gas, a military that is better than those in its immediate sphere but not that great on the world stage, endemic corruption, etc. 

They’re a player only to the extent we allow them to be.  Which to be honest has gone on far too long.

Actually was reading where the birth rate is rising in Russia.  Plus a people that say in a strikingly high % that they would fight for their country.  A leadership that is willing to inject itself into flashpoints around the world.  Not saying they are going to be a positive force, but they seek to influence events in the world - while the EU buries it’s head in the sand.  If you are not willing to fight for anything, what good are you as an ally?  Give me the Aussies - every day and twice on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Actually was reading where the birth rate is rising in Russia.  Plus a people that say in a strikingly high % that they would fight for their country.  A leadership that is willing to inject itself into flashpoints around the world.  Not saying they are going to be a positive force, but they seek to influence events in the world - while the EU buries it’s head in the sand.  If you are not willing to fight for anything, what good are you as an ally?  Give me the Aussies - every day and twice on Sunday.

Bingo!!

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I literally read just the opposite today about birthrates (and have read it elsewhere in the past as well).  What’s your source?  I’d like to check it out.

Russia creates its own flash points within its sphere of influence and can manipulate that.  They can’t project lower globally the same way we can.  The disadvantage to us is that Syria is a total clusterfuck that it’s not worth us getting involved in.  And Georgia and Ukraine weren’t worth a fight at this point.  If Russia tries to pull something in Poland or the Baltics you’ll see a different response from us (well, as long as Trump isn’t President...)

Agree about the Aussies.  Spent a decent amount of time there (6 mos in Melbourne and 6 mos in Adelaide) and they’re tough SOBs.

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

I literally read just the opposite today about birthrates (and have read it elsewhere in the past as well).  What’s your source?  I’d like to check it out.

Agree about the Aussies.  Spent a decent amount of time there (6 mos in Melbourne and 6 mos in Adelaide) and they’re tough SOBs.

It actually was in an article I read today - but don’t recall now.  It made the point that the birth rate of ethnic Russians was now approaching replacement rate - where it had been lower.  I will try and find it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Ok, let's take off our partisan hats for a minute and look at it objectively,  if Russian meddling is true and accurate and runs as deep as reports are leading then WHY do you think their efforts were focused on gaining election for the Rep?  (As supported by the senate intelligence committee, the FBI, NSA and CIA)

How about you give an honest answer to what I responded to. 

Do you think Putin runs the Republican Party and Trump? 

14 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

How about you give an honest answer to what I responded to. 

Do you think Putin runs the Republican Party and Trump? 

Undecided. Although I wouldn’t go as far as saying “run”...influence may be more appropriate.    I want to see where the investigation goes. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Aaahh, so you think with their overall goal of reshaping the geopolitical landscape with the efforts from the highly clandestine and trained KGB, it boiled down to nothing more than an eeny-meeny-miny-moe approach to poke, prod and tease one side?  Yes, that makes perfect sense. 

The Russians did little other than to release (embarrassing and damning) internal emails of the DNC. Whose fault is that? LOL

I'm thinking it was a grand scheme to get Trump to push the Germans NOT to buy Russian gas and to push Putin's foe NATO to spend MORE on defense.  He's cunning.

11 minutes ago, concha said:

The Russians did little other than to release internal emails of the DNC. LOL

I'm thinking it was a grand scheme to get Trump to push the Germans NOT to buy Russian gas and to push Putin's foe NATO to spend MORE on defense.  He's cunning.

"did little"? huh!!....you need to turn in you Neo-Con card and you American Patriot card ASAP...^^ANOTHER Russian excuse maker...just like the guy that brainwashed you....O.o...sickening that you think it's funny....you "fake" American....

Trump's cunning huh?..LOL...I wonder how cunning he'll be when Validi shows him the picture of him and his hookers...:$

30 minutes ago, concha said:

The Russians did little other than to release (embarrassing and damning) internal emails of the DNC. Whose fault is that? LOL

They did more than release documents, but I'll let you read the reports on your own. 

I don't find any of it funny, but that is me.  I'm watching the Russian mil buildup along the Polish border (kalingrad) , we've been deployed along the border for about a year.  Poland is wanting a permanent US base, we'll see what we do.  If we decrease our European footprint would that encourage Russian expansion?  We'll see.

Why would he want them to spend more?  Creating a riff in the alliance is more favorable.

5 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

"did little"? huh!!....you need to turn in you Neo-Con card and you American Patriot card ASAP...^^ANOTHER Russian excuse maker...just like the guy that brainwashed you....O.o...sickening that you think it's funny....you "fake" American....

Trump's cunning huh?..LOL...I wonder how cunning he'll be when Validi shows him the picture of him and his hookers...:$

You are a fucking idiot. I don't make excuses.

All major nations screw around in elections. Did you know that WE do it? Well, dumbass?

It's funny that you consider yourself a "real American" by turning a blind eye to your corrupt-ass party and point the finger at those who expose them(for being dishonest and corrupt! LMAO!!!).

And...  he finishes off by making up shit...  Shocker.

3 minutes ago, concha said:

You are a fucking idiot. I don't make excuses.

All major nations screw around in elections. Did you know that WE do it? Well, dumbass?

It's funny that you consider yourself a "real American" by turning a blind eye to your corrupt-ass party and point the finger at those who expose them(for being dishonest and corrupt! LMAO!!!).

And...  he finishes off by making up shit...  Shocker.

how does it feel to be a traitor Champ??......you're "Fake" American who puts Trump before the country...O.o...:$

Just now, DBP66 said:

how does it feel to be a traitor Champ??......you're "Fake" American who puts Trump before the country...O.o...:$

Jesus, you are a fucktard.

Do you even know the definition of "traitor"?  I doubt it. You aren't smart enough. You just parrot far-left talking points. Don't forget to throw in a race card, dimwit.

Just now, Bormio said:

Tired of calling people racists and Nazis.  Moved on to traitors.  And you wonder why people laugh at you.

who called/calls people racisits and Nazis?..not me pal....but nice try!....traitor??...you bet!!...if the shoe fits!!....do you agree with Trump that they didn't do it?

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Jesus, you are a fucktard.

Do you even know the definition of "traitor"?  I doubt it. You aren't smart enough. You just parrot far-left talking points. Don't forget to throw in a race card, dimwit.

and the Russian "did little" huh....LOL....you "FAKE" American traitor....stop embarrassing yourself.....:$

Just now, DBP66 said:

and the Russian "did little" huh....LOL....you "FAKE" American traitor....stop embarrassing yourself.....:$

Bormio's right.

You really have no idea why you are a laughingstock.

What's worse?

A corrupt-ass party in your own (unfortunately) country?

Or people - whoever they may be - that expose the truth about them in their own words?

Hint:  No corruption, no emails worth leaking.

And that will still be simple mental math that you won't be able to process.

Because you are an imbecile.

Our enemies have been trying to influence our elections forever.  The Soviet Union bought and paid for a candidate in 1948 - Henry Wallace.  You think that this shit is new - it has been going on long before you were born.  We interfere in elections overseas all the time - likely have done far worse things than the Russians did here.  Your stupid-ass candidate lost that election all on her own.  The Russians did not make her neglect campaigning in Michigan and Wisconsin.  The world’s smartest woman was a political moron.

• Thanks 1