Listen Up Georgia Boys

JCGIII

Have y'all forgotten about the Dunwoody team of 93? 12 Div 1 signees, and 3 NFL players? Remember when DeKalb "experimented" with majority to minority, and David Kelly raped Southwest Dekalb and assembled an all star team the rest of Georgia couldn't compete with for more than two quarters? Marcus Stroud, Orantes Grant, Larry Mann, etc? It's as though y'all forgot about one of the most talented Georgia has ever fielded. Over the past 25 years, Dunwoody 93' is the only Georgia team i believe was capable of putting the big hurt on any team from Cali to CT.

3 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Have y'all forgotten about the Dunwoody team of 93? 12 Div 1 signees, and 3 NFL players? Remember when DeKalb "experimented" with majority to minority, and David Kelly raped Southwest Dekalb and assembled an all star team the rest of Georgia couldn't compete with for more than two quarters? Marcus Stroud, Orantes Grant, Larry Mann, etc? It's as though y'all forgot about one of the most talented Georgia has ever fielded. Over the past 25 years, Dunwoody 93' is the only Georgia team i believe was capable of putting the big hurt on any team from Cali to CT.

2002 Parkview is the team I think of when I try to ponder on "The Best".

That said, I was AT the State Title game when Dunwoody defeated the Comets 21-7. I was only 6 though, so not much memory of it.

Rod Perrymond, Ivory Covington and what not.

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That said, I was AT the State Title game when Dunwoody defeated the Comets 21-7. I was only 6 though, so not much memory of it.

I was in Milledgeville for the quarterfinal too. DeKalb Memorial the week before when Duwoody rocked and rolled a Bainbridge team with Kirby Smart at quarterback and a RB who signed with Texas-Austin. 26-3 Dunwoody. And Bainbridge was much better then SG. Just not enough depth. They just ran out of gas in the 4th. Dunwoody 93 was infinitely more gifted than any Punkview team. Dunwoody went 6'4 250 on the d-line, and 6'5 272 on the o-line.

19 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Like!

2 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

I found some film. Will post and let foks decide for themselves. The year befoe, Dunwoody lost to Valdosta 10-3 while outgaining the Mildcats 421 to 162. Six turnovers are a stinker against any team any year.

Not liking 1991 Grangers over the Woodys?

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Not liking 1991 Grangers over the Woodys?

LaGrange was dynamite, and would have clobbered Permian in 91', but this Dunwoody team would have mudtrucked any LaGrange team. Even the DeChane Cameron, Nate Hill, George Brewster, John Johnson Granger squads. i saw all of them.

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

What set Dunwoody 91-93 apart  from Parkview 2000-2004 was perimeter speed. And agression.

Obviously I didn't see as much of this Dunwoody ( only the highlight what you posted ), but what I have seen from other Ga teams, 2014 Colquitt for one, in my opinion, is much superior to Dunwoody. But again, I have limited viewing.

3 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Obviously I didn't see as much of this Dunwoody ( only the highlight what you posted ), but what I have seen from other Ga teams, 2014 Colquitt for one, in my opinion, is much superior to Dunwoody. But again, I have limited viewing.

From a talent standpoint, Dunwoody was infinitely superior. And their players proved it. at the next two levels.

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

For some reason I don't remember the Dunwoody team. I think I was living in Oklahoma in '93 is why. There wasn't these nifty sites around to follow along back then. 

Lucky you. They were beating the crap out of every one they played. The closest thing to a DeKalb stud team I've seen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

21 years is a long time, but keeping things in context, Dunwoody 92' or 93'  would have killed Moutrie most years.

11 hours ago, JCGIII said:

What set Dunwoody 91-93 apart  from Parkview 2000-2004 was perimeter speed. And agression.

Parkviews defense had Sean Dawkins, Tim Gustafson, Joey Sturdivant... I couldve swore Jeff Francoeur was on that 2002 team but maybe he graduated the year before ... 

Parkviews OL was nasty, and had Brad Lester running behind it...

Idk... Tough sell either way.

Colquitts 2014 & 2015 teams had some serious talent. 2012 Norcross, 2007 Lowndes... I was a Greg Reid fan... 2011 Grayson was talented on D. 

2016 Grayson was the best in a while.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

2007 Lowndes... I was a Greg Reid fan...

2007 Lowndes.  Oh yea, we beat them in the playoffs.  And made Mr. Reid show his true colors. 

Edit:  Oops, it was 2008 when we beat them and Mr Reid showed ... well that he had a temper.

😁

21 hours ago, JCGIII said:

When that Minority to Majority bullshit started! I said right there, THERE goes the NEIGHBORHOOD! The ATL is going to start shitting on high school football! But Kelly got him a gig with UGA and moved on, them thinking that he was this badass coach with that success! But ALL it was, was just like NEW Jersey, and Cali! An ALL STAR team with NO coaching! In what you could call the small world category, Dunwoody beat Bainbridge in the third round, 28-3! And a starting DB for the Bearcats was KIRBY SMART!

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

The 91 Grangers were NOT an elite team.  They were a good team...but definitely not elite.  I was in Mack Tharpe....

Rufus>>

If we'da had a real coach, we'da beat those Grangers 30-14! A fumble at the six by the coach's son not protecting the ball on a QB keeper! And a throw into DOUBLE COVERAGE to the TE for an INT in the end zone! When Sharon Roberts was WIDE ASS OPEN in the right flat for an easy score! And it didn't help when our All State WR went down in the third quarter, with a broken leg! Them homies from Lagrange, had never SEEN a WHITE boy who could jump! And hadn't stopped him all night long!

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Parkviews defense had Sean Dawkins, Tim Gustafson, Joey Sturdivant... I couldve swore Jeff Francoeur was on that 2002 team but maybe he graduated the year before ... 

Colquitts 2014 & 2015 teams had some serious talent. 2012 Norcross, 2007 Lowndes... I was a Greg Reid fan... 2011 Grayson was talented on D. 

Greg Reid was the greatest RB I've ever seen in Georgia! And THAT says a lot!

As an aside, according to Cousin Rush, the 2009 Stephen Jaguars had one of the best D he said he'd ever seen!(Seven Diamond) DUMB ASS Coaching, and MAJOR MIRACLES, was why Colquitt prevailed 22-21! Coach Gartrell just couldn't believe that his team couldn't bottle up Quin Roberson! But ya know what they say is the definition of INSANITY? Doing the same thing OVER, and OVER, and OVER again, expecting a DIFFERENT RESULT!xD Quin Roberson was SUPERMAN in BLACK and GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe that Colquitt had fewer than 100 yds. total offense! But SPECIAL TEAMS wasn't SOOOO special for Gartrell!

22 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I believe that that Minority to Majority bullshit, rendered the Wildcats FORTY transfers from all over Dekalb county!

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

They had at least one stud from every school in their vicinity!

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

When that Minority to Majority bullshit started! I said right there, THERE goes the NEIGHBORHOOD! The ATL is going to start shitting on high school football! But Kelly got him a gig with UGA and moved on, them thinking that he was this badass coach with that success! But ALL it was, was just like NEW Jersey, and Cali! An ALL STAR team with NO coaching! In what you could call the small world category, Dunwoody beat Bainbridge in the third round, 28-3! And a starting DB for the Bearcats was KIRBY SMART!

Kirby also played a little quarterback at times.