AHHH, it's ALMOST here! Friday nights in Moultrie, Georgia!

ORabidOne

Tailgating at the ole ball park! Partaking of Juicy's BBQ ensemble behind the HAWG POUND! Listening to the bands warming up in the parking lot! DA HAWG WALK to the stadium! Getting to the game early, to take in all that is RIGHT about America on football Friday night! Watching the teams going through last minute warm ups! Getting there early enough to partake of the booster club supper plate! And of course, listening to Durwood, Jim, and Coach ProPst, in the pregame radio synopsis of OUR PACKERS! There IS college and pro ball! But there is NOTHING quite like football Friday night in DIXIE!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, whiteshoes said:

Quick question, did they move the school?    Everywhere I look it list Colquitt County as "Norman Park" Colquitt County, so my question is did they move the school or change the name of the town?

They moved the school......

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

Quick question, did they move the school?    Everywhere I look it list Colquitt County as "Norman Park" Colquitt County, so my question is did they move the school or change the name of the town?

They moved the school, so the address is now Nornan Park even though the school is just outside the Moultrie city limits. Kind of silly to me, but, it's just the way the zip codes are divided here. 

I live 9 miles out of town and have a Moultrie address, when my address seems like it should be Doerun. Crazy stuff.

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Tonight I get to see what we are made of as we take on a team from a lower class with some talent.

Tonight my Cats will face Therrell high school from the city of Atlanta. Therrell is a class AAA school and has an offensive line that averages around 300 lbs. across. They have a 3 star stud at LB'er with offers from the ACC and SEC. Being a smaller school, numbers will be their problem. It will come into play tonight as we bring about 80 and them 35-40.

This will truly test our D as we try to improve on last season's ppg average of 20.6 surrendered. On O, we are in transition from having one of the best backs in Georgia to a primary passing team. We will still run with 3 good backs but we now have a 6'3, 220 lbs. QB that has a trio of WR'ers to throw it to. Two of them are 6'2 200 and then there is the little big man. Makes OBJ one handed catch look pedestrian.

If we do not improve on the previous 4 years, which has been hard to deal with, I will have to admit that I was right in the beginning.

5 years is time enough .

Good luck to y'all tonight. I hope they look great.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They moved the school, so the address is now Nornan Park even though the school is just outside the Moultrie city limits. Kind of silly to me, but, it's just the way the zip codes are divided here. 

I live 9 miles out of town and have a Moultrie address, when my address seems like it should be Doerun. Crazy stuff.

Before they go offin on your address as DOE RUN! You need to tell um it's pronounced DOOR RUN!

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You being a Left Wing whackado! I want you to give back those untold MILLIONS your gonna make from the TRUMP Tariffs!

4 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Before they go offin on your address as DOE RUN! You need to tell um it's pronounced DOOR RUN!

That is totally false.  totally Fake News.

If you ask anyone from the Doerun area...and I do mean ANYONE....they will tell you point blank it's pronounced....Doe Run.

Jesus Rab....you should know better !!!!!

Rufus>>

7 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Tonight I get to see what we are made of as we take on a team from a lower class with some talent.

Tonight my Cats will face Therrell high school from the city of Atlanta. Therrell is a class AAA school and has an offensive line that averages around 300 lbs. across. They have a 3 star stud at LB'er with offers from the ACC and SEC. Being a smaller school, numbers will be their problem. It will come into play tonight as we bring about 80 and them 35-40.

This will truly test our D as we try to improve on last season's ppg average of 20.6 surrendered. On O, we are in transition from having one of the best backs in Georgia to a primary passing team. We will still run with 3 good backs but we now have a 6'3, 220 lbs. QB that has a trio of WR'ers to throw it to. Two of them are 6'2 200 and then there is the little big man. Makes OBJ one handed catch look pedestrian.

If we do not improve on the previous 4 years, which has been hard to deal with, I will have to admit that I was right in the beginning.

5 years is time enough .

Keep us updated even when they under achieve.

6 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Trevon Broughton NG, DT Sr. 5-10 270
66 Jacobia Sims T, G Jr. 6-1 261
72 Joshua Ware T, DT Sr. 6-5 340
76 Adrian Payton G, NG Sr. 6-2  340

77 Blake Gray NG, G Jr. 6-1 315  
Keith Jackson C Jr. 6-1 260
70 Donato Patterson OG, NG Sr. 6-1  322

Jonah Cotton OG, DE Jr.

6-1  280

BIG BOYS TONIGHT

DAYUM, if them young uns fall on somebody, you COULD go undefeated!

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

That is totally false.  totally Fake News.

If you ask anyone from the Doerun area...and I do mean ANYONE....they will tell you point blank it's pronounced....Doe Run.

Jesus Rab....you should know better !!!!!

Rufus>>

WELL, I confess that I have never actually STOPPED in DOE RUN afore! So SUE ME, like everybody else has!😵

22 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

IThey moved the school, so the address is now Nornan Park even though the school is just outside the Moultrie city limits. Kind of silly to me, but, it's just the way the zip codes are divided here. 

Thanks.    Several years ago a poster on this site ripped me for describing a Georgia school as "Valdosta Lowndes" by informing me that Lowndes is not in Valdosta.    Having never been to the school I was using the location address that I see it used by many sources but must have hit a raw nerve.    Did not want to cause another issue with the people of the great state of Georgia for fear of offending them and being barred from the state.     If that happened, how would I be able to return to Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House, my favorite restaurant in the entire country.

• Haha 1